40 coaches online • Server time: 13:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mush

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules preview is up:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/05/ogre-teams-on-the-pitchgw-homepage-post-3fw-homepage-post-2/

So gnoblars are "disposable" meaning they no longer count towards your teams TV. That's a decent boost. Means you can have a bench of 16 of them and not worry about it. I wonder if it applies to skilled gnoblars? Might make them worth keeping.

Otherwise it sounds like the teams has 5 ogres and one runt punter (ogre with kick team mate instead of throw team mate).

So a starting team of 5 ogres, 1 runt punter and 8 gnoblars costs 1000k (assuming prices have stayed the same). But its TV is 840.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What does kick team mate do?

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
What does kick team mate do?

Hasn't been spoiled. I imagine it will be a similar (hopefully more streamlined) version of Grak and Crumbleberry's rule which is currently:

https://www.bloodbowl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Grak-and-Crumbleberry-1.pdf
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnoblars or Runts?
They are not the same creature.
Gnoblars are also known as Hill Goblins, a weaker version of Goblins, while Runts are the Snotlings (smaller and more stupid than Goblins and Gnoblars).
Mush

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Gnoblars or Runts?
They are not the same creature.
Gnoblars are also known as Hill Goblins, a weaker version of Goblins, while Runts are the Snotlings (smaller and more stupid than Goblins and Gnoblars).

Runts are now called gnoblars. Cool
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I see.
Here on FUMBBL on Ogre rosters they are still named Runts, and by the way, why calling an Ogre Runt Punter if the Runts are called Gnoblars now? It's illogical.
Well, it's a boost indeed, but Ogres will still suck and not match the fluff.
Even if a Runt/Snotling is now named Gnoblar that doesn't make him a Gnoblar.
Mush

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess a runt is just a diminutive name for a small thing. So gnoblars can be referred to as runts as they are diminutive and small?

I feel the disposable rule is going to make ogres better. I never bothered getting a deep bench of snotlings/runts/gnoblars before as they would bloat the team. Now there's no downside.

If it applies to skilled gnoblars it makes things even more interesting as keeping a +1AG gnoblar assuming its TV0 is a given at TV60k not so much. I mean suddenly weird stat freak gnoblars become worth while +2S? Why not? - That being said I'd be surprised if this was the case.
bigf

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

as kick team mate appears to use a blitz action, would i be correct in thinking you could then pick up and throw team mate afterwards...
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

looks there's an extra TTM at the cost of a blitz with some more complications and chances of failure.
I foresee runts with the ball being kicked near the scrimmage, picked up and thrown towards the endzone... tough life

garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Having suffered many thrashings with Ogres in the Box this isn't the change I really hoped for, BUT is probably better than I expected. Knocking down tv by typically 120 to 200 a match should definitely help. Kick teammate can help, though obviously still a risky action. Uses a blitz but not a pass.
I expect additional skills will still add tv as normal.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Having suffered many thrashings with Ogres in the Box this isn't the change I really hoped for, BUT is probably better than I expected. Knocking down tv by typically 120 to 200 a match should definitely help. Kick teammate can help, though obviously still a risky action. Uses a blitz but not a pass.
I expect additional skills will still add tv as normal.

I'm curious what were you hoping for?
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... It would mean fumbbl has to adjust the formula for allowed tv gaps for newish teams. Especially when you get 2 or 3 ogres mnged in like game 3 you will have a hard time finding opponents otherwise.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

About the "kick the player" skill,

" If the player
moved 6, 7 or 8 squares (before scattering), the Landing roll
has a -1 modifier; if they moved 9 or more (before scattering),
the Landing roll has a -2 modifier."

Are we speaking here of 5+ and 6 + to land with an ag 3 gnoblars ?

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

What a strange buff.

This made me laugh:
''When you’re going on offence, it’s all about creating a cage for your squishy Gnoblars, then knowing when to start tossing and kicking them across the pitch. ''

Yeah I always use the ogres to protect the snots.
iena

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i must admit they have surprised me.
Disposable skill is a good add to Ogre teams
 Jump to: