57 coaches online • Server time: 20:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Buy cultists or save for Keeper?
Keeper
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Cultists
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Titus Andronicus style pie
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Joe1982

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2019 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

This team have a had a rough start in life: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=946149

The daemonette's are progessing and could become very powerful in a few more games. But it is proper loner city. I was planning to save for a Keeper but I suspect I will probably be playing with 5+ loners by the time I've saved the cash. And, obviously, I could esaily lose 1 or more daemonettes before then.

So, as someone new to the reality of playing with loners as part of the game for agility teams, I'm not sure whether I should keep saving or try and get some cultists to stabilise the team. Or I could restart, but I don't really think this team is quite done yet...

All thoughts appreciated, cheers
Bluegill87

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2019 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm well with 3 votes for the Keeper to nothing for the Cults...I'm going to have to go against the grain and recommend padding up your bench for a little while with the Cultists.

Only took a peek at their stats since I don't have a DoS team myself, but the Cults are 50k with both General and Mutation access. To me that's a bargain, and once they start to build a little bit you'll have a much more solid team ready for when you do manage to save for the Keeper.

It's not Chaos Renegade levels of bargain with their Marauders but they don't have the Daemonettes backing them up.

Still though...a 5 Strength and 4 Agility threat is pretty hard to ignore. But it is a Wild Animal, Loner with only S access normally at a whopping 200k. Loner linos aren't the worst thing you can play with neither so if you can stomach the wait, by all means save up.

I'm in a similar dilemma with my Witch Elf team, though there it's just the 2 players available. The issue for me is ramping up my TV for the sake of having one too many expensive Frenzy AV7 players on the pitch.

EDIT: You've also got the option of taking 2 more Daemonettes in your line-up as well. I'm honestly not certain what to make of that option as it's 2 more fantastic players but in an AV7 120k package. The kicker there however is they and the Keeper all have regen as opposed to your Cultists who can't take an apo outside of inducements. Hmm maybe more on the fence about this than I thought...
Tzalaran

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2019 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i started without the keeper on my team, and have paid for it ever since.

get your keeper and then worry about the rest of your team. the keeper is a one piece goddamn wrecking crew and the team is gimped without it.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2019 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I started my League DoS team with a Keeper, and at low TV she was a beast as I relied on her a lot and for the most part she came thru.

In your situation I'd go for padding out the Cultists. Get up to at least 12 and possibly 13 non-loner players then save for the Keeper.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2019 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input all. The poll suggests saving, but not conlusively.

Yes, I can see your issue Bluegill87! I probably wouldn't buy any more witch elves if I were you at this point - too difficult to protect them all. I also think there is probably a case of diminishing returns with the witch elves compared with the daemonettes, at least until they all have 2+ skills. If I lose a daemonette or even 2 I won't try and replace them at this point - I can definitely see the need for mobile strength on this team in the early stages, and all the daemonettes do not seem strictly nesseary at low TV. Certianly, I think 6 would too many until the first 4 have blodge. Of course if I lose 2 daemonettes before I buy the keeper or get some cultists it's curtains for the team...

I'm still on the fence. I think saving the keeper is what I'll aim for. If I get a lucky winnings roll next game and maanage to skill up 2+ daemonettes things will look a lot better. If, however, I get pummelled and roll a 1 for winnings, I'll be starting over with a keeper and 3 rerolls (started wth 2 for this team). Saving for the third reroll puts you under a lot pressure to not take casualties early on. If I did start with 2 rerolls and no keeper again, I'd prioritse saving for the keeper over the reroll.
Bluegill87

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2019 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly been kind of avoiding my Witch Elves lately in favor of Khainite Assassins for my elf fix. Tiny bit tougher and all the stab gives them quite the pickpocket ability for surprise ball thievery. They did take a beating in their last one but the team is coming along much smoother.

As for the Witches, I'm sure I'll get back to that in due time. Their linos are elf tier so the cost is certainly there, but I'd like to see if I can recover them to a point of semi stability at least.

I wish you luck in any case, I'm stubborn when it comes to giving up on teams as well though I've yet to make a true commitment to the few gimps I have. x)
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2019 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny thing about the Keeper...at low TV she's a workhorse that does it all. Blitz, cas, ball, score. Just have to live with the occasional WA at the worst possible time. Giving her a blitz action even when she just wants to move is key.

At high TV she's just a roadblock unless I'm truly desperate. My developed 'Nettes are far better options for my precious blitz as I can't afford to waste one, and believe me, the Keeper WILL waste some of your blitzes.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2019 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:25; edited 1 time in total
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I apprecaite the input all. I've started a new team with a keeper and will play with both for a while and see which is looking healtier after 5 games or so.
 Jump to: