41 coaches online • Server time: 16:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2020 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

NickNutria wrote:

The most interesting Position is the sea elf cutpurse ma8, dodge, Dump off, I would compare him to a dark elf runner, not a gutter runner. A positional runner/thrower isn't that fast normally (ma7 for runner or ma6 for thrower would be normal), but also not that weak (st3 is normal). Four possible runners is also double amount of throwers/runners as common. That fast and many are normally catchers not throwers).

It's for all these very reasons that they are being compared to gutter runners!

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Thelovelyfool

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2020 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks everyone for all the feedback! I will be looking at possibilities and see what I want to take and what I haven’t been convinced with. I’m especially looking at removing AG4 from the team or at least limit them to 2, and will see where I go from here.

A couple things that quickly spring to my mind:
- selfy_74 : I was imagining the Sea Elves as renegades who’ve been disowned by their pairs for some reason, and joined the underworld. To me it felt like something that should happen, and pretty believable. And of course an elf would be a star in a Human team. They’re too loaded however. In term of gameplay, it was because I didn’t want a Human to have AG4 from a design perspective. It also suited the image of a team made of people from different backgrounds united by their downfall into the underworld.
- I think giving DP to a stunty designed for fouling while keeping his price at 40k is way too strong. You’d get a sneaky git DP fouler for 60k, that sounds a bit much. But on the other hand, if I decide to follow your advice and remove the AG4 player, it might balance things out....
- Thanks for linking the Border Prince team. They looks a bit like what I want to do, but miss a few key elements I’m not happy to let go.
- ArrestedDevelopment If you hate the esign of the Bret for the same reason I like them, I guess we won’t agree on core elements. However, I hear you argument that the team is too loaded at the moment, and I’ll see if I can strip some things away to make it more streamlined.
- Also, this team has 5 positionals including a big guy. As much as Norse and Orcs, which are CRP teams if I’m not mistaking.

Last edited by Thelovelyfool on Jan 06, 2020 - 18:02; edited 1 time in total
Thelovelyfool

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2020 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi again folks,

I've made a new version with the following goals in mind:
- Make them feel more like humans: No AG4, no ST4, access to every skill category
- Keep them very versatile, with speed as their main strength
- Keep them awful at removing players with blocks, but good at controling the field
- Keep the Cuthroat's star ceiling
- Keep an enphasis on Fouling, Stabbing, putting people prone and running around

Bystander (Lineman, 0-16): 6/3/3/7 – Fend – Access to G skills – Cost 50k
-> Swap Jump Up for Fend. More control, feel more like members of a crown pushing you around when you try to go through. Gameplay-wise, less potential, more general use.

Street Urchin (Stunty 0-2): 6/2/3/7 – Dirty Player, Stunty, Dodge – Access to A skills – Cost 40k
-> Swap Sneaky Git For DP. I'm in two mind about this. Suggestions welcome. DP is definitely stronger, especially with the A access.

Cutthroat (Marker, 0-2): 7/3/3/7 – Stab, Shadowing – Access to GA skills – Cost 80k
-> Unchanged. However, changes on the blitzers make his role as a marker clearer.

Mugger (Blitzer, 0-2) 7/3/3/8 – Wrestle, Jump Up – Access to GS skills – Cost 100k
-> Swaped Block and Diving Tackle for Wrestle and Jump Up. Becomes less of a marker and more of a sacker, perfect for opening holes in a formation. These two skills combine greatly, but don't help with removing players. Goes with the general idea of the team. Makes guard less appealing, which is also good.

Cutpurse (Runner, 0-2) 8/2/3/7 – Dodge, Diving Catch, Pass – Access to GAP skills – Cost 80k
-> Lost AG4 and you can only get 2. However, they give the team a very real short passing game, working as a pair. I really like the idea of a runner with GAP access, and I think this version is balanced. I agree GAP with AG4 was too good. With only two of them, they can be attacked and protected.

Mob Ogre (Big Guy, 0-1) 6/5/2/8 – Bone-head, Loner, Grab, Thick Skull, Shadowing – Access to S skills – Cost 150k
-> Unchanged. I still think Grab instead of MB is refreshing. Shadowing is for the memes and overall I don't think he's overpowered.

Team Rerolls : 60k
-> 50k was too cheap, and I think 70k isn't justified. I wouldn't mind it thought if balancing requires it.

Overall, the team has lost AG4, it's players have more dedicated roles but are all versatile and the gameplan if clearer. The total cost of the team has slightly gone down too.

Again, thanks for all the feedback. If you're up for another round, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
 Jump to: