53 coaches online • Server time: 17:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2019 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

ImagePlease join us for another word from Bhenjamyn Sculkrak:
Friends. The natives of El-Aljana have greatly enjoyed watching Blood Bowl on their island. Following on the success of the Isle of Misfit Teams model, and noticing a few more exotic teams visit the island who are unable to play, they've decided to build more game pitches and huts on the far side of the island so even more teams can play! We call on teams of Squigs, Snotlings, Elves of Avelorn, Isha and Naggaroth, dwarves of all flavours, and everyone else -- even the stinky immobile nuns. Come to El-Aljana and play in the Secret Isle of Misfit Teams. Season One will start in early January, and agents are still pilfe... err... acquiring the cash for the first season winner's purse.

There seemed to be some interest in playing Secret League teams in a format similar to the IoMT. It'll provide a home for Secret League Open and compatible teams who want to play full round robin seasons. Like IoMT, coaches will be drawn from within two light seconds of Earth, and rounds will be two weeks long. To put a pin in the calendar, I'd like to start the first season on January 4th. We'll see what the teams look like at that point, divide up divisions and play some games. Seasons tend to take roughly five months. Hopefully, most questions are answered on the group page, but please ask away. Also like the IoMT, the SIoMT is intended to be a fun, low stress league.

BAJones

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2019 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

Im UK based and likely will only be able to play league games in the evenings (GMT)

Would this be possible?
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2019 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

@BAJones - You'd be matched up against other coaches from all over. I'd predict that some of them would be easy to schedule in GMT evening. Each round is two weeks long, which gives two weekends over which to also hopefully getting a matching schedule. If a matching schedule can be found with a reasonable time extension for a round, that's certainly doable. (I only get really sticky on deadlines on Swiss format tournaments.) If, however, finding an agreeable time to play becomes an intractable problem, in the worst case, the game is simply passed or forfeited. Communicate with your opponent/respond to communications... and I have no issue.

I think the most likely problem would come if you were matched against an opponent somewhere around the Singapore timezone... where 6-9pm GMT would be 2-5am, and I couldn't promise that wouldn't happen. But again, worst case... intractable games would be forfeited (determined by coin flip or discord dice, if necessary.)
razmus

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2019 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

A few weeks left before the SIoMT gets started. (JAN 4) Pick a secret league team, and get'em ready for the new year!

Tzalaran

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2019 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm entering my air eles
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

So, this is open to both brand new and existing teams?

Are teams allocated by TV/TW?

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

@Tzalaran... and we're glad to have'em.

@koadah... mostly oriented towards existing teams looking for a home, but we won't turn away new teams. Yes, first season divisions will be by TW, but the number of divisions and the cutoffs will depend entirely on the number and weight of the teams which show up on the isle. And just as on the other side of the island, teams will come and go and have the opportunity to play open games between seasons.

razmus

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2020 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Just another reminder -- we are coming up on the start date (tomorrow), and I'm hoping to fill another division before then. Current spread is 110-278...
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2020 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

OK I've just applied for membership on the SIoMF homepage - is that all I need to do?
razmus

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2020 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes sir, that's it. If any goblins come around to collect 'dues' or 'pitch fees'... give'em a kick in the rump and send them on their way.

And there's a link to the Leagues Discord server on the main league page, with a channel just for SIoMT now. (Although the conversation on the normal IoMT is pretty quiet, so I don't expect SIoMT will be a lot different.)
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2020 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Razmus. Llfltheu is good at taking down pesky dodgers so she'll send any island gobbos that turn up on their way. https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12898302
blackGigio

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2020 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Applied my evolved slaanesh.

One question: just one team per coach, right?

i'm asking it because at the moment im intrested in play sl only, but is soooo difficult to find a match in gamefinder Sad
razmus

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2020 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the Isle! Ooo... watch those claws now.
Yes, unfortunately it's only one team per coach... but we have a fairly open-door policy. Teams can be swapped between seasons.

And it looks like we'll likely have three divisions to start.

johniemi78

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man, missed this Sad When does the next season start and do you have a Discord channel I can subscribe so I won't forget the next time?
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

SIoMT isn't strictly speaking an SLO event but Razmus is an SLO admin so it will get a mention. Wink

Secret League discord is here.
Come on people. Liven it up!

Jump to: