49 coaches online • Server time: 14:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2020 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it the way it is. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2020 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

When the rule was written it appears to me that the preservation of injury data wasn't contemplated. That is, they had in mind the pen-and-paper coach who crosses off the "2" and replaces it with "1", and does not remember which injuries are received game to game over the life of a player. "Ignored" is much different from "discarded" -- but in real TT life "discarded" is closer to the truth I think.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2020 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
I think we can safely conclude that we're firing way too many players with stat losses. Otherwise we'd have known!

When they wrote the rules, Galak and Doubleskulls were aware of this little scenario, but concluded keeping a player after -2 to a stat would be such a rare thing it wasn't worth bothering about, so they just left it.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2020 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It's unlikely to keep -2 stat players, but adding a couple of examples with stat 1 players and with players with multiple injuries/stat boosts would have prevented confusion.
It's better to explain rules in a detailed way.
 Jump to: