38 coaches online • Server time: 10:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wolbum

Post 3 Posted: Mar 06, 2020 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Heya

Got a tournament coming up for 1250 TV. Skill packs are seperate from TV and are free. Goblins get 6 normals and 2 doubles.

This is what I got

Ripper
2 trolls (guard, block)
1 looney
1 doom diver (catch)
1 pogo (sure feet)
10 goblins (3 diving tackle, 1 block)
3 rerolls
1 fan factor

1250 exactly

My only points of contention are

-do I swap block on a troll for dirty player om a goblin?
- should I swap one DT for dodge on the looney?

Also despite my roster, I am also hoping to aim for most foul send offs award as well.

Thoughts or advice?
neilwat

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2020 - 18:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I was not a fan of DT on my goblins without SS, that might be my use of them.

I might prefer SS on the pogo, or possibly block if you can afford it.

I would keep block on a troll

If going most fouls, might sneaky got be worthwhile, if it is just number of fouls?
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2020 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya actually SS on the pogo sounds stellar. It has helped me before truth be told.

It is not most fouls, it is most foul send offs mind due.
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2020 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

have you considered swapping out the block goblin and giving the Pogoer sure hands or block?

Having a consistent ball handler can really help in ways that a block gobbo does not. With the doom diver and catch, you can actually have a semi-reliable way of getting into the end zone with throw team mate.
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2020 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, a bomber with HMP is amazing effective at messing with your opponent's heads.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2020 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

amazingprizzini wrote:
have you considered swapping out the block goblin and giving the Pogoer sure hands or block?

Having a consistent ball handler can really help in ways that a block gobbo does not. With the doom diver and catch, you can actually have a semi-reliable way of getting into the end zone with throw team mate.

I never considered sure hands on the pogo but it sounds interesting. The reason I didn't was simply because once he has the ball, he is gold. Sure, extra reliability but one I'd likely only use once. Where a block gobbo I can use throughout a drive, both on offense and defense. Granted I could use the pogo on kick but I tend to keep him in reserve till offense.

As for HMP Bomma, well...bommas and I don't get on too well.
Endrophil

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2020 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

As I don't like the looney, I would swap him out (for a hail mary bomber Smile). For your question with dodge, I wouldn't waste any single skill on a chainsaw.

And a dirty player gob is a good consideration. In my opinion one goblin with block is not really worth it.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2020 - 11:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

At 1250 and only 2 doubles I agree you don't need, and cant afford (the double) to squeeze leader in anywhere.

Ripper I think is an auto take with that much cash.

Doom Diver with catch is another auto take for me. For TTM goodness.

Fanatic- ymmv but I like them, but they are not easy to use and need support as people will 2 die them uphill, so I try to keep them in the pack and near the trolls, without dropping block on it though they are very squishy so if no fanatic with block then Fungus at 10k more with MB and +1MA is a good take.

Looney, never leave home without one. Nobbla looks great with blodge but is VERY expensive for a secret weapon, so without bribe support is a definite no, also you cant reroll his kickbacks. A saw is pretty useless vs av9, elves and zons fear it and that's great, 'cos he can create space, be a fantastic diversion/sacrifice to create openings but again without bribes he's not going to be a factor all game, dont be afraid to trade him for one decent kill. Some say drop dodge on the saw for mobility and a little defence, I'm not so sure of that.

Bombers i dislike, even HMP bombers, its a double on a literal Hail Mary, mostly they do sod all even then. if you like bombers then Dribblesnot with his accurate is the way to go imho.

'ooligans-waste of time

Pogo- the MA7/10 is tempting, and if that's the plan then sure feet makes sense, but block and side step are also good, but often I'd rather have 2 goblins than one pogo.

2 Trolls of course, but guard always feels pointless to me on trolls, RS means guard isnt there when you need it and what exactly are you guarding? especially with only one guard? I''d rather have Break Tackle in a pinch to move a based troll and/or blitz with it if needed.

Goblin sills-I prefer side step for positional control over DT, DT you need to base people to use and then they just hit you, I don't like being hit.

2 Doubles- Block on a troll is good, block on a goblin is good (for hitting and as ball carrier) DP is Ok but i don't think it offers the value of a block troll or blodge goblin as you can usually get multiple assists anyway so really it's only +1 on the cas roll.

I'd want a bribe, or two, the odd 'how many sent off' prize seems like a 'you wont be competitive so have a silly prize' prize, but a bribe is multi use: vs elves? keep your saw on field, vs armour? keep your Fanatic on field. Need a foul but need the goblin there afterwards? use your bribe.

16 man roster with only 1 weapon seems a bit fat to me.

So for the build you are contemplating, my advice:

Drop a goblin and the +1ff for a bribe.

Trade the pogo for a Fanatic.

Trolls get Block and BT.

DD gets catch.

Goblins get 1 block and 4 side step. Block possibly on Looney instead.

15 man roster with 2 weapons, a bribe and 3 rerolls.

But then I'd be after best stunty, most cas, or some wins, not most sent off, or nicest hat.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2020 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go something like:

Ripper
2 trolls (guard on both)
1 looney
1 doom diver (catch)
1 pogo (block?)
9 goblins (3 Side step limiting hits on los and pitch control, 1 DP)
3 rerolls
1 bribe or Fink da Fixer if you are allowed

Ripper + diver is so sweet.
I tried block on trolls in a tourney, meh i regret i had no guard actually.
Bribe is cool.
I won't take fanatic actually, but it is taste, like i usually don't play bomma and HMP but it might be VERY effective.
mawph

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2020 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

another thought from a non-regular-goblin player:

If you've brought the looney to foul with a saw, why not use one of the doubles for Dirty Player on the saw?

Otherwise, dropping a goblin and the FF for Fink or a bribe would seem sensible for keeping the chainsaw fun going.
Medon

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2020 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sneaky git should work wonders in fouling? With sneaky git you can foul 5 times with a goblin before it is sent off, without sneaky git only 3 times. The normal drawback of sneaky git is that it bloats your team value but that argument does not apply here. You will definately make more use of it than of diving tackle i think?
mekutata

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2020 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Side Step and Diving Tackle are two weird skills for Goblins, usually it takes long enough for them to skill up so far and then they die anyway trying to use it because they simply get punched. Foul goblins can at least be kinda safe in second row and only come in contact when actively using their skill and potentially getting rid of opponents.
Bomma with HMP is very fun and certainly a spectacle, but in my experience not really that effective and as soon as it becomes really critical it's as dangerous for my own players because they mark my gobs.

Things not mentioned here but important for real Goblin coaches: GRAB is an awesome skill for Fanatics. BLOCK is an awesome skill for Fanatics. WRESTLE is not so good for them. Also keep in mind that a Fanatic could push himself out of the field.

Also make sure to poison some snacks before the game and offer them as a gift to your opponent coach. If they don't know german they will not know that gift means poison.

I wish you a lot of fun and hope your opponent teams will have insurance.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2020 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd lose the pogo and take a fanatic instead, just the thing for bashing strength teams about. Also drop a gob and the ff for a bribe. Block on a gobbo is useful but as a sacker wrestle or strip ball works better. I find guard is overrated on trolls, you'll likely get more use from break tackle.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2020 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wot yew need iz 11 gobbo linemen, a straw dummy dat lookz like yerself, a fast cart an a couppla big sakz ter karry der rest o der loot in
smallman

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2020 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I find fungus the loon awesome value for 80k, and 3 bribes for sure at 50k each
 Jump to: