68 coaches online • Server time: 22:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think?
This looks fun, i'll seek the holy grail of a slann vs. ogre matchup
63%
 63%  [ 76 ]
I don't know, i'd rather play a Pie team and see if i draw space marines
24%
 24%  [ 29 ]
Nah, in my views of bloodbowl fluff, in the end there is only chaos
11%
 11%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 119

Java

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2019 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to BBT3 I've reached 75% with a cracking match with my BBT3 blood.co.uk against kuku's Underworld team. Gaze worked when needed.

Still no rows OR columns completed, but I'm close to completing a column (chorfs) which will hopefully be filled easily when I start playing goblin in the box again, and 4 (FOUR!) rows of which 3 are pretty desperate as they need stunties or vamps, and one (Khemri) that only needs a proud Pro Elf coach to step forward and be splattered all over the pitch.

I will stop activating certain races once their rows are complete.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The Trophy is working great in the early games & getting some hard to find ones too.
I have had 3 Goblins 1 Vampire & 1 Ogre so 5 spots filled!

I should also say Goblins are no longer my most needed Race, that's shared by Hafling & Elf.

Last edited by Cyrus-Havoc on Oct 26, 2019 - 14:40; edited 1 time in total
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
I'm on 72%, no rows or columns complete yet, but very close on some.

I tried for a while to fill the almost complete rows, that lead nowhere. Now I'm playing the mid-completion ones for a change. I'm saving the least complete ones (stunties, slann and vamps) for the next BBT when there'll be a surge of a variety of opponents Very Happy

Yes once you get down to one or two needed progress slows a lot. I played 100 games with Undead & still can't get Khemri for them.

On the other hand last seasons Trophy helped me get down to just 3 for my Slann & Vampire 4 for my Elf & Skaven 2 for my Khemri. Of course I will probably not play with those races now for a year at least!

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm at 91.15% with the following lines done:

Dwarf
Elven Union
Goblin
High Elf
Human
Skaven
Wood Elf

Only need one more game each to complete:

Dark Elves (Ogres)
Orc (Elven Union)
Java

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2019 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The annoying thing about the scheduler is that for some strange reason your team X (with TV equal to N) gets paired against team Y which has a TV of N+40 or something like that, and when you check the teams you had activated there's team Z with a TV of exactly N+40 that actually needs Team Y's race to fill its line!

So you ask yourself, why am I not monoactivating? and also, why does the scheduler hate me?

One thing you never do is to read how actually the scheduler works. Too much work Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2019 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

And after a few days the first two lines are completed! Bye bye Khemri and Pact, for a while at least.

Skaven and Elven Union are back into the fold as they are both pretty close and with not so many uncommon matchups missing.

Activate your vampires!

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2019 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Completed Nurgle against today my 4th against line but still no lines with completed.
89 to get so 84.55% done.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2019 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Reached 80%, with all races apart from wood elf and the stunties down to 5 games missing or less!

My records show that in the past 1200ish box games, one "new" match up was played roughly every 2.5 games. The (absolutely unfounded) projection I've come up with says I should take another 600 games or so to get to the end of the grid, with roughly one game every 6 filling an empty spot. That is probably a pipe dream.

Playing my BBT races now, and woodies, who keep evading even the most common missing matchup.

Last edited by Java on Apr 04, 2020 - 13:51; edited 1 time in total
Java

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2020 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not a round milestone but it's a nice round fraction! 87.5%, equal to 7/8!

Reached after a super dicey game vs DrClaes' flings with my goblins.

72 games to go, 15 games until the dreaded 90% mrt mentioned before Very Happy

rows: wood elves, humans, khemri and chaos pact all completed
columns: chorfs, dark elves, nurgle and undead are the ones I don't need anymore (and I keep picking Razz )
Java

Post   Posted: May 16, 2020 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

and again I meet DrClaes, this time with my flings against his amazons, and what a cracking game it was!

Just two teams left with 4 match ups missing (Nurgle and Ogres), the rest of them with 3 or lower.

this brings me to 57 missing matchups, 90% completion, with snotlings just about appearing on the horizon with a promise to mess things up.

would their introduction mean that the title of "first to finish the grid" would be up for grabs again? the suspence is palpable.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I barely managed to get to 50 match ups missing, and a new team comes out!

Anybody going for the grid gets 49 new match ups to chase, which will become a nice round 100 once snotlings drop.

Will it ever be over? Will billbrasky start over again?
Java

Post   Posted: May 05, 2021 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

We don't know if this wild goose chase is going to still be a thing once B and R merge, probably not.

I've now completed (again!) the grid for Humans, which leaves me with 98 remaining match ups, which puts me at 2 more than BillBrasky, which is kind of an empty triumph as he's not Boxing anymore so he hasn't met/used any OWAs or snots there.

Let's see what the next season brings us Smile