56 coaches online • Server time: 22:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Larkin2012

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2020 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking for a little advice on playing with only 5 Saurus after one of my 6 got badly hurt last game.
Only second game of a league so only one has block, otherwise the team is naked.
Rest of the team is 1 Kroxi, 5 Skinks
flashman1234

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2020 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on who you are playing next game, what the TV difference is, how much money you have Smile

And 'Badly Hurt' does not mean they miss the next game. I guess you mean a Missing Next Game type of injury.

Anyway, you should probably get used to playing with a Saurus down, as it will happen often enough in the future.
Larkin2012

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2020 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the reply,

I'm fully expecting to play on a regular basis without my full compliment of Saurus hence the question, any tips on playing with a missing Saurus?

TV is between 1000 and 1100 currently as it's only the second game in the league.
Next few games are Humans and Orcs
Dravaal

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2020 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

First step, between now and your league game play 55 games, mostly in the mid 2000s, with a skink only team - https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=179586, go 11/10/34 so you know the true power of skinks.

You might just be surprised by what the little blighters can do.

Saurus are only slowing you down anyway.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2020 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Being a saurus down doesn't change my tactics much with Lizards. I still want to protect my skinks behind my AV9 players, it's just a bit harder to do. On defensive set up this kind of set up can keep the skinks(s) safe from a turn 1 blitz

xxx
x x x
sssss

During play try to spread your AV 9 characters out so they create a broad wall and try to only expose your skinks to potential hits when it is important to do so.

Here is an example of me trying to execute this which worked okay.
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3575107
Larkin2012

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2020 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

This was a good watch thanks Endzone Smile
 Jump to: