53 coaches online • Server time: 14:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Peter_Mitch

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone

Im new here and im struggling to get any game son Blackbox. I have had one so far but spent quite a few hours activating my team to try and get a match but I seem to not get one. Is there something I need to do to more likely get a game?

Thanks in advance
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, all details about Black Box here:

https://fumbbl.com/help:Blackbox

Activating more than one team at different TVs could increase the chances of finding a game.
Peter_Mitch

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2020 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

/Users/peter/Desktop/Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 22.40.34.png

Again I don't understand how I didn't get a match here when my TV is 1030 yet it favours someone on 1100
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2020 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Full details of the matching system here:

https://fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=522

Be patient, your teams are new so the matching range is a bit narrow at the moment:

- Below 3 games played, max TV difference allowed is within 10%.
- For 3 to 9 games played, max TV difference allowed is within 15%.
- For 10 to 29 games played, max TV difference allowed is (15 + (games - 10) * 2)%.
- For 30 or more games, any opponent is allowed.

Over time your teams will grow and you will have more chances to get a game. Smile
Fingard

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2020 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Peter_Mitch wrote:
/Users/peter/Desktop/Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 22.40.34.png

Again I don't understand how I didn't get a match here when my TV is 1030 yet it favours someone on 1100

Hello Peter! And welcome.

The mechanism explained by MattDakka is there to protect new teams from unfair matchups.
It could make you miss some matchups, but it gives the opportunity to grow to newly created teams.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2020 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I would suggest making sure your TEAM is activated, and you are not activating with 0 teams.

When you play a game your team is auto-deactivated. You need to click on the activate button to the left (which opens the team screen) then click on your team to highlight it green, and give a green tick beside it, then click activate again.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2020 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So I have a team at 890 TS with two games played... I thought that the limit was 15% but apparently it is 10% for new teams??? Am I going to get any matchups below 980 TS? Had I known that I would have purchased an extra player to get my TS up...
razmus

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2020 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Mingoose wrote:
So I have a team at 890 TS with two games played... I thought that the limit was 15% but apparently it is 10% for new teams??? Am I going to get any matchups below 980 TS? Had I known that I would have purchased an extra player to get my TS up...

Short answer: Yes, although it might take a while. A few folks run teams to [help | feed upon] teams which drop below the murky 900TV line. (Most famously) But with the box trophy preventing some folks from recycling damaged teams... yeah, there are others looking for games down there... you'll find one. Smile

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2020 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

for the moment just about every rookie ogre team will match that, plenty of flings or goblins too.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2020 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that stopped me from getting games in the Box when I started was that I assumed that clicking the link that said "Activate for the Next Round" activated my team for the next round. It doesn't.
 Jump to: