60 coaches online • Server time: 23:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2020 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there stats commonly available on the optimal TV per race?

My naive thinking was to just keep building to get higher and higher (the first time you get Strip Balled, you start to value more Sure Hands, you get Wrestled so in a rage you start putting Juggernaut...) but this is quixotic at best.

The more I listen to the fumbbl podcasts*, the more I'm convinced that mid-TV is best for trophy performance, but I'm interested to see what the numbers look like. Do we get a 3 layer sandwich of bloat, optimal, and then rookie teams, or are there notable exceptions?

* But (if I heard correctly on the last episode - I was distracted by trying to not be run over) they didn't seem to think much of a +ST goblin in UW, and Prince Moranion is super upset about that, so you can't believe everything you hear

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2020 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the point is that it's all relative.

So while in isolation, all teams get better with higher tv, they don't all get equally better. Chaos gain much more with very TV than, say, Amazons.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2020 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I found this before which gives rough TV bands to the success of various teams - no idea of it's a credible source though.

https://bloodbowlstrategies.com/en/relative-strength-of-teams/
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2020 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Meta is an important factor in this.

Box trophy specific:
This is a results focused meta, with a limited number of games - you need wins, not losses, so everything you do with your team is "win now". Long term skill choices that pay off in 30+ games go out the window if your sole focus is the trophy.

Minmax on specific races is strong as they can setup brutal teams at low-mid and pick on other teams who either aren't taking part in the trophy, are newer, or just don't have the development to counter your older team. It also plays into a strategy several members of the trophy are employing - cover teams. If you have an older, higher tv team (but not *too* much higher) you activate alongside your trophy teams, it will snap up most of the nastier/gap draws you would have got. Keeping your trophy teams low makes this easier.

In general terms each race peaks at different TVs, and some simply will never be competitive at high tv, while others are pretty unrestrained. But your goals with a team also have a large say in what you do with it. The desirable TV for a tournament team, a league team, and a box trophy team will vary wildly.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2020 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this is still fully up to date, but I think this may help regarding data. http://fumbbldata.azurewebsites.net/statssl.html

Given the current lack of piling on and min max teams, I'm not sure TV perfection is as important as it would be in crp. But it's certainly part of team management which is a bloodbowl skill in it's own right. Stat ups can play with the boundaries with where specific teams can be competitive. So keep that in mind.
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans is 1610k
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, that's all very helpful. (I'm now blaming all my Human failures on being either above or below 1610.)

It's a question that, the more I think about it, the less precise it is, due to all those nuances of racial pairings (goblins vs chorfs seems to suck at a lot of different levels), whether you're in the trophy or building for something else, and so on.

Has the trophy resulted in more homogenisation of team values in box? (I'm not even sure that's a bad thing per se; if every team was 1400 TV, the sky wouldn't fall in, whereas if every team was 1400 TV and everyone had the same build, that could be a bit ... dull)

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really cushtie, the majority of teams in the box per draw are not playing trophy.