19 coaches online • Server time: 03:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fuel

Post 3 Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

In our TT league we have this thing that at the playoffs we not only play games hpto winner but we play for like 9-8 place too. So that every team would have almost equal games played.
Is there any way this could come live in fumbbl Smile i understand that you can do that manually but autostuff would be nice too Smile

Thanks
tussock

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you put teams in an open round-robin, and send out a PM with who is to play each other, that works.

If you edit the scores before they play so the top teams will have the most points after everyone's won or lost, they'll get their team name on the finished tournament.

For instance, if it's 4 for a win and 1 for a loss, and the teams playing for 1st and 2nd have 5 points to start, the winner of that will always get the tournament awarded once you close it.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&at=&group=10406&p=tournaments&show=43139

Or a 1-round swiss, can't recall how much team swapping that involved though. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah but thats still manual work. I can send pms and such and thats what i will have to do. But my suggestions is for automated thing Wink would make life easier Smile
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

All you have to do is click on the teams you want to include in the tournament. It takes a minute.
Fuel

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You didnt understand. I know how tondonthat. But once in tournament if younlose first ma5ch you are out. Lets say 16 player tournament knockoff. 8 teams lose first match. That i want is that those 8 loser would be matched together to find out who take places 16-9 in same manner as the top 8 coaches will be paired for top 8 places.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you're referring to a tournament format similar to Magic The Gathering and sometimes Chess where your record determines your opponent. Unfortunately I don't think fumbbl supports that system. You would need to tell everyone who to play and have them report the results to you.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You can create KO tourneys for the losers every round.
After round one, you put the losing teams into a newly created tourney called "play for #9".
Then next round the losers go to a newly created tourney called "play for #5" and the losers of "play for #9" go into a newly created tournament called "play for #13".
Last round is all missing final matches.
Lots of tournaments to create though.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

In my experience what leagues tend to do is just tell teams how many friendlies they are allowed to have.

If you have 16 team playoffs, then anyone who does not make the playoffs is allowed 4 friendlies.
Anyone who loses in the first round of the playoffs is allowed 3. 2nd round losers get 2. 3rd round losers get one.

Usually, people are allowed to pick their own opponents. You could put them into an open round robin to make it all more visible. But some leagues just trust their coaches to do it properly and have a quick spot check at the end to see if anyone played too many games.

If you want a fixed schedule you could just publish the matchups on the group page.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand it how to do it in current situation Smile heard some new one though, thanks!
But its just a simple suggestion how to improve a little bit leagues and add some ease for organizers if they want to do what i will do.
Thats it Wink
Cheers guys!
 Jump to: