27 coaches online • Server time: 01:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
UW Skaven Thrower skillups
take both
76%
 76%  [ 43 ]
take +ag, skip double
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
skip +ag, take Dodge
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
skip +ag, take other double (Guard, MB)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
skip +ag, take +mv
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
skip both
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pie (for some reason) / other
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 56

krazeeEyezKilla

Post   Posted: May 03, 2020 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had 2 rookie UW Skaven Throwers skill up in my last game. One rolled a 6-5, the other a 5-5. I'm tempted to take one and skip one. This boils down to, which is better early ag4 or Dodge on a UW Skaven Thrower?

Putting up my first poll to get some feedback from this great community. For context, poll is for this BB Trophy team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=949475
Chivite

Post   Posted: May 03, 2020 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Defo take both. dodge man can become a reliable ball carrier, +ag can become a receiver and ball sacker.

UW need to be a very spetialised team, everyone with a task and a plan.

If you want to go a different route and skip one or both, that is fine too, as long as you have a plan
Bendrig

Post   Posted: May 03, 2020 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If it has to be one, AG. UW throwers tend to pick two heads and extra arms anyway and AG is better than both combined, so why skip it?

I'd personally go for dodge too, but can see the argument in favour of skipping it for MA or leader or block or whatever floats your goat, especially as a first skill.
krazeeEyezKilla

Post   Posted: May 03, 2020 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So far the overwhelming opinion seems to take both. My counter is that taking both caused my overall TV to be +70, taking +ag & Leader (and dropping a reroll) causes -10 TV, and taking Dodge & Leader (and dropping a reroll) causes -20 TV. This means ag is costing 90 TV or Dodge is costing 80 TV. I can't justify that on an early UW team (with which I'm already struggling).

So I'm still leaning toward taking one or the other. It seems that having a reliable ball carrier is more important than a sacker, so that points to taking Dodge.

Now someone please talk me out of passing on +ag Smile
det

Post   Posted: May 03, 2020 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I see no reason to skip either. Ag is an autotake for me on a uw thrower, dodge can be debated as it was a double 5...but I'd go dodge anyway.

Get a blitzer to tackle and a single gobbo to two heads/big hand and you can do awesome plays.
I'd have gone tents on the troll, but that's be being really uncertain of a trolls ability to do anything.
Kamahl

Post   Posted: May 04, 2020 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Take both.
At TV your team is playing currently, it will be all or nothing affair - do you get matched up with CDs or not. If you dodge that bullet, your team has all the tools it needs to compete, and those 2 rats will not represent bloat by any means. later on, you will have some interesting decisions to take - how do you want to develop them further.
(dodge rat will be more important as ball carrier early on, but that sweet sweet +ag rat can and should develop as ball retriever)
MercutioT

Post   Posted: May 04, 2020 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're wary of wasted TV on account of parallel development of two Ballers, then take the +AG with the one, and Mighty Blow with the double (followed up with Claw, Block, and Tackle). Underworld will always find need of another Claw+MB player.
smallman

Post   Posted: May 04, 2020 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

leader for sure, UW really need to minmax, they thrive if the other team has no mb/tackle
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: May 04, 2020 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely take AG. Consider taking Strong Arm with the double.
krazeeEyezKilla

Post   Posted: May 05, 2020 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I ended up taking +ag and Leader. I agree with smallman that Leader is a must-have on UW. Thanks all for talking me into +ag over dodge. I would have likely taken dodge too if I was more experienced with UW.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 05, 2020 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

+ag is gigantic on a ball carrier for an otherwise ag3 team. Even at low TV that confidence to pick the ball up is crucial. Also maybe to take an occasional 2+ dodge in a pinch.
Blodge of course will help him if he makes it down the line.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2020 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

+ag on a carrier is gold.

I'd take guard on the double. I looooove guard.
MercutioT

Post   Posted: May 05, 2020 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

krazeeEyezKilla wrote:
I ended up taking +ag and Leader. I agree with smallman that Leader is a must-have on UW. Thanks all for talking me into +ag over dodge. I would have likely taken dodge too if I was more experienced with UW.

but... Leader is a normal skill for a Thrower... Rolling Eyes
You would have had plenty of opportunity to take Leader down the line. Plus, you need your Leader to be on a player who is likely to last into the second half, and having Dodge/Blodge makes him so much more likely to survive that long...
Leader on a player with no defensive skills is madness.
 Jump to: