43 coaches online • Server time: 15:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Murker

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I am hoping a few talented guys might try their hand at converting the following two logos into SVG format, so that I might get them printed onto various things at a future date.

I have two sets of the original FUMBBL dice to give in exchange, one to the winning submission for each logo. (3 block dice, plus the poker chip, the FUMBBL d6, and a straight black d8 that was included)

The first logo is most important, and was pasted together from random components by me a few years ago, to be the face of the league I manage, DLE2. I would eventually like to put the logo on t-shirts I mail to the winner of each season, and to have it engraved on the small base of the brass trophy we currently do mail to each season's winner. The league is based in Bretonnia, and the colors on the shield are those of the French flag. I have always been undecided as to wether I like the Blue/White/Red or Blue/Red version of the logo best. I invite an artist's opinion.

Image Image

The league is a few years old and 16 coaches strong, all good, friendly guys. It is based on the human roster (with a dwarf/elf/hobbit option) and has an annual draft of skilled players to make each team competative at the start of a season. The custom icons make games sweet to spectate as well. If you are interested in joining and winning my trophy, please contact me or det for a spot on our short waiting list.

The second logo is my design, roughly based on an old GW sketch of a knight bearing a shield with a Karl Franz logo. I think.. I have not been able to find this picture that is in my imagination, and I have searched online for years.

In any case, it belongs to my beloved human Black Box team, The Kingston Kruelty, which survived being claw-pombed for the entirety of the dark age know as CRP. I do not know why I want this logo.. but I do. I'm not going to put it on a T-shirt. At least I will never admit to it. But I have a set of dice for one who makes it look good at any size.
I can supply a slightly larger version for anyone interested.

I am aware of just how much time a proper logo takes, and just how awesome some of the .SVG artists we have here are. I don't mean to insult by only offering the dice as compensation, so I apologize in advance if this request seems to make light of the effort required to go into products as amazing as the race logos we have here. I love me some Mr. Foulscumm, and company. Amazing stuff. And as I am using FUMBBL as a recruitment platform, I would also double my modest PATREON donation for the next 12 months.

Pics of the dic incoming, after image approval.

ImageImage

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Dic pic not approved. Dice pictures submitted.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2020 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Here.

Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, that's sharp.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Word. Thanks a bunch. I know at least one league mate who is doing some work. I will get more organized and come up with a system to try and be fair to multiple submissions. I have invited your thoughts on that in a PM, Stimme. Thanks!

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

All hail the mighty Cult of the One-eyed Skull.

pokrjax

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The original Fumbbl block dice had squared off corners? Man, I am so jealous of anyone that owns a set of those!
The_Murker

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not a cult! It's more like a 1 man group who gets together with himself in the basement, basks in the glow of a creepy blue light, and sacrifices red pixels to the gods of ClawMB and Nuffle.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

@Stimme. Very cool. Thanks. I didn't know you could get such subtle shading graduations when working with SVG files. Could I see a sample of what the KK logo looks like at 20 percent that size? What program do you use?

@pokrjax I could let you know when I put the next set up on E-bay, or alternatively, it looks like Stimme might have 2 sets in July he could be contacted about.

I will close out this request for submissions July 1st, if I haven't heard from anyone else working on the logos. So far, Stimme has the only complete submissions, and I know of only 1 other guy working on something.

Thanks so much, guys!

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I did it in Illustrator.
Above is an exported image at 20% of the size, but it pretty much comes out the same as simply reducing the zoom in your browser,
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

So, how is this competition getting along?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Stimme wants his dice.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2021 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. I'll send the dice. You can FUMBBL PM me the address. I'd love the SVG files once the dice have arrived safe and sound. Great work.

Jump to: