73 coaches online • Server time: 22:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
+1 Armor or +1 Move?
+1 Armor, it can save his precious live
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
+1 move, obviously
92%
 92%  [ 24 ]
I'm jaleous, you keep rolling stat increases recently
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12937008

What do you think, +1 amro cause he is very precious or +1 move?

I usually don't have issues chain pushing for him to Score. Don't even need to use sprint.

But move is always good.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

+ MA.
As an aside, Jump Up was not a good pick.
He should have Side Step, Sure Feet, Leap but Jump Up wasted a skill slot.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree. It proved already usefull
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It can't be more useful than building a 1TTD Catcher. Smile
But you of course are free to ignore wise suggestions.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no difficulties scoring in one turn with thist team, and with strengh 3 he got other purpose. I4ll get another 1 natural 1 turner Wink
lautrehamon

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump-up is a nice skill but clearly hardly a good pick for an elvish catcher - sure feet does increase his range the same way, but even when he's not on the ground Smile

Here + MA over + AV, or maybe ignore it to take wrestle now that he have jump-up ; and go wrestle/diving tackle/side step/jump-up for a really annoying player.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump up is a fine pick. It may not be the most optimal selection (which is where Matt is coming from) but it still offers a nice threat in game for keeping your team mobile and offers something of a surprise scoring threat.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What I have in mind here is I'm building a team, not a collection of individual players.

It's rather easy to turn a Woodelf catcher into a one turner, and you're allowed to have 4 catchers when you just need one one-turner. And if you take in account that my tree has grab, that I have several guard players, getting one or 2 free moves through push backs is easy (as long as you have enough players on the field that is). Therefore, a brand new catcher can already score in one turn.

When I have a natural one turner, one that don't even need the pushes or use them to reduce the number of "go for it", I prefer not risking his life in defense, and keep him preciously in reserve most of the time. Therefore I just bring such one-turner out to score and find they pex fast enough like that (I remember a game with another team in which my one turner 5 agility leap and a speed of 10 scored 7 TD; my skaven opponnent didn't really had tools to block him).

Therefore +1 strengh is useless for a classic one turner. And if I remember well, this one got +1 strength as first skill. So I picked a skill that I find useful to use him very often. And jump up fill that roll.

Jump up also protects him in two ways : It's less interesting to block him as he has jump up, so he get blitzed less often. It also helps him to avoid a risky dodge after getting up as he can block from being prone (Usualy 2 dices) instead of having to dodge.

Then, the +3 move makes more differences than rerolling go for it. I can reroll the GFI using team reroll if needed. I canot give up a reroll to get +3 move.

Thurlir is a really good and Versatile player. He don't have a clear role in the team but can be part of any action from most places of the board even if prone. That's cool.

I'll probably add tackle to Thurlir's skillset before sure feet, but sure feet is on my want list, fore sure. Wink
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

He just died due to a perfect defense the 7th turn of the 2nd half, an early unlucky turnover, and a failing apo.

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=12937008
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Even Nuffle didn't like his skill build. Razz
Nightbird

Post   Posted: May 25, 2020 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Even Nuffle didn't like his skill build. Razz

Lighten up matt, not everything needs to optimal. BB isn't a meta game for everyone. Rolling Eyes
If it was ogres, halflings & goblins wouldn't exist.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2020 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I still don't find optimal to build a +1 Strengh catcher into a one turner just because one turner are great. Not optimal to me at all. And his death tend to confirm one-turner need to spend the minimum amount of time one the field. :p
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 25, 2020 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

1) If you build more than 1 turner one of them dying will be a less serious issue.
2) if you have 2 of them, and your opponent gets a Blitz!, he can't Blitz both of them.
3) 2 one turners can be placed in 2 different places of the field when you receive, reducing the distance of pass/hand off.
4) ST 3 is nice even on one turners, because they can 1d blitz the player blocking the path to score (and 2d in case of ST 2 players).

@Nightbird: if somebody asks suggestions for player build, the most logical thing is suggesting the best build for that kind of player.
If the OP is not interested in optimal builds it's ok, but he should not even ask and instead he should choose skills he personally finds fun/optimal for him, the player is his! Very Happy
I like to give good suggestions and really help people, don't get me wrong, this is why I'm passionate about these topics.
There are only 6 skill slots per player, so, even if Jump Up is not utterly useless, the low numbers of skill slots means that best skills have higher priority.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: May 25, 2020 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Giving advices shall includes the explanations. The explanations have more value than the advice itself.

Besides, you critisised a choice of skill taken before the +1 move. It should have changed the rational as it couldn't be canceled anyway.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 26, 2020 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It can't be cancelled, but you can learn from the experience and not take that skill again in the future.
This is why I talked about a skill you already picked.

Generally I give explanations, but +MA over +AV for a Wood Elf Catcher (or Side Step over Jump Up) was really so obvious that I didn't think it needed an explanation.
 Jump to: