38 coaches online • Server time: 14:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 10:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This is an interesting development, but as an UW and Pact player I’m more curious to see what they’ll do there. If the pic is anything to go by it looks like UW may be swapping a Blitzer for a gutter runner which would be an interesting change.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 10:52
FUMBBL Staff

you mean they'll adjust the roster to suit the sprues they already have and can dump in the box without any work? surely not.

I mean, easy profit over good design?
NO, i wont hear such slander.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogre? Treeman? Death roller?

Oscar Wilde
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Ogre? Treeman? Death roller?

All three for a wonderful OverWorlds roster

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
you mean they'll adjust the roster to suit the sprues they already have and can dump in the box without any work? surely not.

I mean, easy profit over good design?
NO, i wont hear such slander.

Haha always the pessimist:)

In the bb fluff underworld used to have skaven catchers/gutter runners so they might be bumping them up a tier.

Will be interesting anyway

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly I don't share the enthusiasm for a team made by a mix of Humans, Dwarfs and Halflings, a completely new race would have been better.
It looks like a good (from GW's perspective) but lazy profit move, a new team with old sprues.

About UW: adding a Gutter Runner would be an improvement of the team, I'd like that change.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jun 29, 2020 - 13:01; edited 1 time in total
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want the Snotling details released
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Given the that Skitter is typically a full time employee on any UW tournament build, it makes sense to me that a Gutter Runner is in the team. Like why wouldnt GR's eat the Warpstone too? Makes the team much more powerful. I am not keen on dropping a blitzer or thrower though? Would a 0-1 GR and a RR increase be appropriate?

As for the Alliance team... I would mimic the Pact. Ogre, Treeman, DeathRoller, 0-1 of each human/dwarf positional, 0-2 Halflings and human linemen to flesh it out. Expensive RR's and animosity throughout.
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Given the that Skitter is typically a full time employee on any UW tournament build, it makes sense to me that a Gutter Runner is in the team. Like why wouldnt GR's eat the Warpstone too? Makes the team much more powerful. I am not keen on dropping a blitzer or thrower though? Would a 0-1 GR and a RR increase be appropriate?

As for the Alliance team... I would mimic the Pact. Ogre, Treeman, DeathRoller, 0-1 of each human/dwarf positional, 0-2 Halflings and human linemen to flesh it out. Expensive RR's and animosity throughout.

2x different halfling options Wink one for kicking the other for flying!

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 16:17
FUMBBL Staff

C0ddlefish wrote:
I just want the Snotling details released

I’m surmising, based on bits of info I’ve read, that GW are behind on model releases due to Covid and Snotlings aren’t a priority compared to new 40k so this is a Spike ‘filler’ they could do to keep people happy without the need for any new models

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
*eyeroll*

Give us the rest of the damned teams first.

Sure, but the models are ready for this one. It costs nothing to roll out and generates interest and revenue. It is a good move.

I didn't expect all the teams out in the first six months. Or the first eighteen months.

But if you had told me I wouldn't have core teams like Amazons or Norse four years later and GW would be wasting time with new teams instead, I wouldn't have bought a single model from them. It's shameful.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair it does bring not one, but two of the old teams up to date as well as introducing this new team. Underworld and Chaos Pact are in there. I think the new team looks fun, there was always interest in a 'good' opposite to Chaos Pact. I wonder what the famous team/s will be, seeing as the Chaos Allstars and Underworld Creepers already have rosters in the Almanac...?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 18:26
FUMBBL Staff

The Warhammer Community article suggests that the UW team will still be the creepers. Also the ‘no sprues repeated’ statement does suggest that they’ll only get one Blitzer, GR and thrower? Not totally sure of the makeup of the Skaven sprues

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

1 thrower, 1 blitzer, 1 gutter runner, and 3 linemen.

Trying to mash UW into that mold would be terrible.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2020 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's not forget that almost none of the current plastic teams have a full roster. You need to convert those extra players, or buy models, be they from other companies a 2nd boxed set or booster pack.

So it may well be the case that the Underworld team won't change but you'll get an extra linemen and gutter you can't use and be down a 2nd blitzer and thrower. Same could well be true for the good roster. It might allow 0-2 runners and blitzers, but no slayers.

Jump to: