30 coaches online • Server time: 10:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2020 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Allowed and part of FUMBBL but not part of the official rules. Smile
I guess allowed on FUMBBL just due to a practical reason, forcing people to fire illegal players would be too hard and impossible to do automatically as well.
Ideal way would be automatically firing players and refunding the gold spent to buy them so the roster could be updated.
This is the approach I would adopt in a private league.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2020 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

in cpomb era, my underworld managed to have a positive cas ratio, in the box. I absolutely consider them a bully team. sure they can get hit hard on the gobbos, but those blitzers are unbelievably brutal in return.

if you consider them an elfball team, then you're probably actively skilling goblins. I literally have only had 6 goblins in 44 games that ever got even a single skill. The blitzers do everything, including scoring. i don't want a gutter instead of a blitzer for scoring. I just want to keep my second blitzer, and score with them. (The blodge ball carrier thrower is for carrying, not for scoring. obviously, they do often score as well, but that's not the primary role.)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2020 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I avoided skilling Goblins and used them as fodder, I skilled the Skaven instead.
Thrower ball carrier and Leader caddy, 2 killer Blitzers with Cpomb.
With new ruleset, since PO required a rr, I changed approach, and took Two Heads, playing them like elves.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2020 - 23:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Mentioning how good the Blitzers were under CRP isn’t really congruent with the current argument. We don’t play under CRP rules anymore. As I said..... several pages ago, I find this change interesting. I don’t think it’s a nerf, but I’m not sure it’s a buff. It may, in time, prove to be either but I think it’s more of a side-step.

I think the real reason people are struggling to accept the change is because it’s obviously been driven by the existing model range and not the rules and how they’d play the best, which is just sucky.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
James_

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2020 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe they designed the sprue to accommodate the future UW release?

Haha.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2020 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

What I meant to say is that Blitzers in CRP were stronger than now due to PO not requiring a rr.
I know we don't use CRP anymore, but my point is, since current Blitzers have access to Clawmb but PO is nerfed, they are nerfed by consequence of PO nerf, therefore losing 1 of them will not be a drastical change.
Losing 1 Blitzer with access to Cpomb, whose PO could have been used maximum once per turn, is not as bad as it would have been if Piling could have been used twice per turn without requiring a rr.
Yes, now you can blitz or block with one Blitzer and not blocking with the second one, but both Blitzers don't manage to block every turn (because UW is not a bash team which can afford to man-mark en masse the opponent team, with some exceptions).
New UW will be a bit less bashy but more agile, in theory should be just a matter of adjusting a bit the gameplay.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jul 04, 2020 - 12:51; edited 3 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the question is... going forward is this the new direction for the game? are all teams going to have reduced positionals?
Are we going to see chaos dwarves with 01 bull centaur? Are undead going to stick with 0-2 ghouls? And so on...

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If GW wants to sell models, more positionals should be the direction, just guessing.
So, I don't think 0-1 or 0-3 cap will be used for the other teams as well, UW is a peculiar race, after all.
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I get the team needed tinkering but this just stinks of GW wanting to make it so they can sell sprues as they come.

Yes a GR is amazing but at the same time they are removing the stuff that made UW punch in the first place and now makes them even more glass cannony. The fact that one posistional gets relegated to a linerat sucks and now one poor armour roll or injury roll and you lose a posistional and you have no backrub and as UW you lose players fast.

Would just adding a gr been too much? It would have made them more competitive for sure but not OP.

I love my blitzers. They are the team. Weakass killer rats tearing teams up.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
If GW wants to sell models, more positionals should be the direction, just guessing.
So, I don't think 0-1 or 0-3 cap will be used for the other teams as well, UW is a peculiar race, after all.

Maybe. Guess we will find out, looking at their team boxes on their website dark elf would become 0-2 witch, 0-3 blitzers, 0-1 runner, and so on. It's wouldn't surprise me at all.

GW has recently made their 2 flagship games smaller. 40k and aos are now played on smaller battle fields and their new rules promotes smaller unit sizes, less infantry spam. Which at first look appears to mean fewer sales of their main boxes, but possibly promotes the idea of collecting multiple armies. Is this a system wide change in GWs sales strategy? They have released statements recently saying these changes in 40k are to make ease of entry better for potential new customers.

Maybe I'm over thinking it... who knows.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

For all you kids worrying about grandfathering know, Christer could easily implement a rule that doesn't let you take new Skaven players if you already have 6 skavens on the roster. Problem solved.

Oscar Wilde
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 06:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Sure, but you lose a thrower. so you can no longer have a cheap leader thrower AND a blodger ball carrier thrower. they have to be the same, which delays when you get it.

For me, the gutter replaces the thrower - and its a solid improvement. But the linerat replaces the blitzer, and thats a huge nerf. Overall, the linerat <<< blitzer; while the gutter >> thrower.

3 downgrades is worse than 2 upgrades. So the team overall is now worse.

I wouldn't bother with a blodge ball carrying thrower when you have a gutter who can threaten to score from pretty much anywhere in the opponent's half of the field. I think the bigger issue is needing one of those 3 rat linos to roll a double for guard

Grod wrote:
For all you kids worrying about grandfathering know, Christer could easily implement a rule that doesn't let you take new Skaven players if you already have 6 skavens on the roster. Problem solved.

shh, let people dream about making 90 something underworld rosters so they can perpetually have a grandfathered team
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Allowed and part of FUMBBL but not part of the official rules. Smile
I guess allowed on FUMBBL just due to a practical reason, forcing people to fire illegal players would be too hard and impossible to do automatically as well.

I always thought it was because hunting and killing outdated players is super fun.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:

shh, let people dream about making 90 something underworld rosters so they can perpetually have a grandfathered team

That's what people did with ogres at the time, I think. No fix happened. If there's a fix like the one proposed, you'll still see 2 blitzers. I don't mind either way, but fumbbl had 7 skills players and 11 ogres teams for ages and nobody batted an eyelid, so I don't see a big rush to fix specifically this issue.

UNRELATED FACT

Did you know there's actually a limit of 100 active teams? Laughing
cdassak

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2020 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought it was only 99!