25 coaches online • Server time: 11:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2020 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir: So we meet again, DrDeath. You took the Box Trophy from me last year.
DrDeath: Now I have natural one turner, ho ho ho. Laughing

Looking forward to this final. Also enjoying the match reports Strider, keep up the good work! Smile
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Tell us what weapons you're going for Malmir Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

So Malmir did it again and won another major! I couldn't watch the game, anyone for a report?
I'm away from my pc and I can't watch the replay too Smile
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely ball and chain and probably chainsaw for a laugh
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2020 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ball&Chain is so juicy for both offense (cage corner) and defense (cage breaking and enticing an early score).

My original blog post worked under the assumption that the players keep the same skill access as regular linos, let us know if the B&C becomes an S player or if it stays an A only player as other skinks Wink

...and remember that the saw can take Leap! Laughing
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I've asked for ball and chain and saw. Baza tells me they retain their starting skills (dodge,stunty) and have access to those they normally would (agility). Will they last five games is the big question? Smile
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my take on the game:

GLT Final:
Proved to be as close as I expected. A first turn snakes on the ball stopped the gutter one-turning which I think appeared to be the plan. My skink failed the pick up though so it came to naught and skaven had the ball. I rejected a 3+ dodge with rr for 2d on the ball, instead opting for 4 dice (frenzy) with mighty blow on the str3 sacker gutter as I knew I had to get rid of him before my drive or it would be a nightmare. The gutter survived even my attempts to boot him from the field. Skaven drove down the line and this time I took on the 3+ dodge for the 2d and sacked the ball, which was helpfully caught by my move 9 skink (though he had already moved). The position looked tricky for the skaven and DrD wisely zapped the carrier and his gutter then powed him out of the game and got some solid dice to get the ball and dodge through to the endzone. This was a setback as skaven had looked in real trouble, however at least the wiz had gone. However, the heat meant two of my saurus were out of the drive so it was going to be tough. My drive basically hinged on two things: firstly DrD accidentally used his apo on a koed rookie. Secondly I positioned the ball by the sideline. The sacker did his thing but I was able to ss so the ball wasn't too loose and luckily my skink stayed on. His move ten gutter has big hand though, but luckily failed the dodge in to pick up and seriously injured himself in the process with the apo already wasted. My turn and I was able to manoeuvre the sacker to the sideline where the crowd taught him a lesson and took him out of the game too. Things suddenly looking up and I was able to go into half time at 1-1. Again the weather made it tough as my carrier was out along with a saurus I think, but at least one of the vermin was out too. Carrying with a ss only skink worked okay. Things got a bit tricky at one point when my players began leaving the field but we rallied and were fairly comfortable until his gutter made a desperation 5+ dodge for -2d on the ball which of course came up double tackle pow (he had tackle). My ss stopped my being surfed but luckily the ball went infield and we were able to make the 3+ pick up to score in turn 8. The problem was I hadn't been able to get near the one turner at all that half and the shots I had on him early in the game had been ineffective. So I was faced with the possibility of losing 3-2 to two successive one turners if he got the coin toss, which would have been pretty hard to take. Due to second half attrition, I now didn't have enough men to cover the back line either, but luckily the gutter snaked the catch and the game was won. An exciting final that came down to a few key moments that went my way. Well played DrD and I look forward to meeting again soon. ”
 Jump to: