35 coaches online • Server time: 12:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the new ruleset, with 46SPP you now have legends!

It's not a stretch to have multiple legends at the end of your second season. We will see many teams that are the equivalent of a current 2000TV team in FUMBBL tournaments without a worry.

Oscar Wilde
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Even if you can end with 1700 teams starting from 1350, playing teams needing development still is not worth it.
Why playing Chaos, Nurgle, Vampires if they reach 1700 at the end of 15 games, then you have to fire some players? Personally I would not bother playing certain races at all.
Mind, I favour playing agile teams, so I'm not obsessed by playing Chaos, Nurgle and Vampires, but I fear that the meta could focus on strong low/mid TV teams and lack racial variety.

If the TV range were 1700 just after the redraft has been made, I would agree that many teams could be playable, but who would play Chaos or Vampires starting at 1350 for 15 games just to redraft and start again at 1350?
With current system, some teams are weaker at low TV, but at least they can hope to be stronger after some time, with redraft you have to go back to 1350 when they start to be strong.

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 09, 2020 - 13:42; edited 3 times in total
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You get legends with random skills for 46spp. No doubles, no stats and likely a couple of bad skills.
The problem is not getting a 2000tv team in a tournament, it's getting 2500k (or more) with endless stats, freaks and doubles.
That said I think some kind of cap is needed to level the playing ground.
Tournaments could be ways to slightly breach the cap.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 13:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think that’s potentially one of the fun aspects of the suggested system. You’ll still get some massive teams competing in the later stages of tournaments, spending all the spps they can and all their treasury, knowing that as soon as this run is over this team that went into the tournament in peak condition will need to be rebuilt before the next one.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that you'll need 15 games instead of hundreds to build a Masjor contender is sure to draw more people.
More people=more fun
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

A TV hard cap rule without redrafting could have been simpler and maybe better (I know that Christer wants to stick to the ruleset and to the season redraft, just saying that the redraft rule seems a bit flawed, if it doesn't allow to play certain races competitively).
For example, a team can't be higher than 2000 TV. Fire players until the TV is 2000 or lower.
The added bonus is that teams needing development can still be played and no need of hard calculations.
Now, who will play Chaos, Nurgle or other teams needing development, just to have them pushed back to 1350 when they are starting to be playable in an effective way?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 14:27
FUMBBL Staff

I think they’ll still get plenty of play. Chaos and Nurgle aren’t useless at 1300TV, just not optimal. They are dominant at 2000TV, but under the season rules won’t be able to sit there destroying teams indefinitely. I think it’s probably a net positive change for the community.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Not saying they are useless, but not great, people will just play better races in that TV range, and you know, I hate Clawmb, so, I'm not talking because I love Chaos and Nurgle, just I love racial variety because adds fun to the matches.
What about Vampires? They are not a kind of race destroying teams indefinitely.

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 09, 2020 - 14:29; edited 1 time in total
sebco

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

We don't know yet new rules for chaos, nurgle and vampires. They may become better at low TV.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 14:31
FUMBBL Staff

Vamps are an odd one. They are considered low tier, but certainly don’t play like that at high TV. Vamps will benefit from the ability to choose stats. But then, rumours are they aren’t in the book so it might be moot.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Matt that's a lot to assume without having looked at the rulebook. Surely Chaos and Nurgle can be competitive even with seasons, just not God tier as they were under crp at high TV.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we have an option to have this new scheduler that is being created usable in league. I would very much like this for Secret League Open.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The more I've thought about it, the more I think a cap isn't a good idea. Matt raises a good point that teams like chaos etc will be just a bit sucky if they are always coming back to 1350k.

In the rule book it suggests a hard cap at 1300 to level the playing field. But in fumbbl we are not playing in a set league where we so must play each other. It's a TV matching environment. Hence the playing field is level by default.

Would it not be easier to have 20 game seasons and have the normal rebuild rules.
Chaos etc will not be allowed to balloon above 2200k and will end up back to 1400ish after 20 games.

For tourneys, inducements are way better now. So if someone wants to bring their 2200 chaos team, they can face Morg with mb+2 each game. Good luck!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

2200 could be too high, but a hard cap somewhere in the 1800-2000 range should be ok.
Claw has been nerfed in the new ruleset.
By the way, it's funny that I'm talking in favour of Chaos and Nurgle as I'm not a fan of them, but I think that the more racial variety, the better.
Mattius

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
2200 could be too high, but a hard cap somewhere in the 1800-2000 range should be ok.
Claw has been nerfed in the new ruleset.
By the way, it's funny that I'm talking in favour of Chaos and Nurgle as I'm not a fan of them, but I think that the more racial variety, the better.

2200 isn't a cap, it's just roughly where they could get to before they hit 20 games.

With random MVP etc, I can't see it being so easy.
 Jump to: