44 coaches online • Server time: 11:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uber

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Uber wrote:
I have the same concern as MattDakka in terms of diversity. By having such a low cap, some teams just won't make sense. I get that we wanna reduce bloat, but zero bloat isn't much better. The low cap also puts a lot of pressure on everything having the right TV, which is far from the case. Low TV big guys are actually terrible. I fear way too many fun things would leave the meta under such a system. I'm not necessarily excited either by all-linemen teams with 2x the skills as other teams.

What about zero reroll teams that don't take journeymen?

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=873371

I like seasons for the purpose of bringing these guys back to 11 guys. I wonder if teams like this are desirable or not. You tell me.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, they certainly are interesting but not exactly...setting the world on fire.

Experientally, most games feel like they start in the 2nd half with a 0-0 tie and 3-4 Badly Hurts taken by me. It's a challenge and re-asserts meticulous ordering of moves.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

And I share the fear about dorfs being amazing based on some of the skill changes (Claw) and the introduction of others (Ironhide or whatever it is)

Iron hard skin is a Mutation skill, so Dwarfs have no access to it.
Maybe Chaos Dwarfs could, but not normal Dwarfs.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

And I share the fear about dorfs being amazing based on some of the skill changes (Claw) and the introduction of others (Ironhide or whatever it is)

Iron hard skin is a Mutation skill, so Dwarfs have no access to it.
Maybe Chaos Dwarfs could, but not normal Dwarfs.

What if the design lead is such a dirty dorf lover, they do have it? THEN WHAT?! Wink
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm surprised Morgan doesn't have it honestly.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know the veracity of the rumors here and if I need ot delete the link, so be it but...https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/i5sav3/leaks_living_rulebook_bb2020/

Cool [Unknown skill] = Defensive skill negates guard during opponents turn

HELLO DOLLY!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Don't know the veracity of the rumors here and if I need ot delete the link, so be it but...https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/i5sav3/leaks_living_rulebook_bb2020/

Cool [Unknown skill] = Defensive skill negates guard during opponents turn

HELLO DOLLY!

Looking at the site and just this group of possible new rules:
Quote:
3) Brawler = new skill, is exactly as per the ogre spike (DM) [reroll 1 both down dice]

4) Safe Pair of Hands = can choose where the ball goes when Knocked Down or Placed Prone. (DM)

5) Pile driver = after block, if attacker still standing can apply free foul action, goes prone as a result. (DM)

6) Arm bar = dodge, jump or leap away form this player that fails is modified +1 for armor or injury (DM)

7) Jump up = to block requires and AG test +1 (DM)

Cool [Unknown skill] = Defensive skill negates guard during opponents turn (DM)

To me it looks like a lot of over-complication for no gain, or in some cases, a worse playing experience. Definitely not a simplifying or clarification of the rules by any means, which would be more ideal in my view.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Please will someone who understands this better than I do read my take on it and correct me on anything I have got wrong...

if I am prepared to pay 20k more per player than their current cost.

You only pay more for a player if he fails a "wanting to retire" roll. Otherwise you don't. You can't fail the roll after 1 season. After 2 seasons you fail if you roll a 1 (on d6). After 3 seasons, you fail on a 1 or 2, etc.

Oscar Wilde
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2020 - 00:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Malmir wrote:
Please will someone who understands this better than I do read my take on it and correct me on anything I have got wrong...

if I am prepared to pay 20k more per player than their current cost.

You only pay more for a player if he fails a "wanting to retire" roll. Otherwise you don't. You can't fail the roll after 1 season. After 2 seasons you fail if you roll a 1 (on d6). After 3 seasons, you fail on a 1 or 2, etc.

Those are the current rules. I’m sure I read the new ones were 20k per season with no roll?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2020 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

In relation to that - building a player through total randomness reduces their cost to rebuy, 'wanting to retire' or not. So there is an inflection point on how you go about building your players. For some teams, having a vanilla random might be pretty useful to the cause and the savings on rolling over your vanilla randos is a consideration.
Sambre

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2020 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
In my opinion is very simple and logical:

- normal team plays vs normal team with Gamefinder;
- hardcore team plays vs hardcore teams with scheduler.

My opinion is, in my mind, also quite simple and logical:
- only normal teams can play with Gamefinder;
- only hardcore teams can participate to BBT
- both normal and hardcore team can play with Scheduler
- normal can only play normal, hardcore only play hardcore with the Scheduler.
Welsh_Cthulu

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2020 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we assume that any rosters discontinued in the new rulebook (like Amazons and Chaos Dwarves) will also immediately be cancelled on FUMBBL too? Or are there plans for coaches to be able to keep playing legacy teams somehow, somewhere?
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2020 - 10:01
FUMBBL Staff

For rosters no longer available in the rule book, there are a couple of variations on how it could turn out:

1. A Teams of Legend PDF is published on day 1, containing the last few rosters. These will be considered official and be allowed in the new C division
2. No Teams of Legend on day 1. I still expect it within a reasonable time and these races will be "put on hold" pending this addition.
3. Teams without presence in the rule book nor the teams of legend (ie. Slann). Moved to L.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2020 - 10:08
FUMBBL Staff

mrt1212 wrote:
In relation to that - building a player through total randomness reduces their cost to rebuy, 'wanting to retire' or not. So there is an inflection point on how you go about building your players. For some teams, having a vanilla random might be pretty useful to the cause and the savings on rolling over your vanilla randos is a consideration.

True. I’ve been thinking about team building and another factor is individual players that aren’t special are likely going to get a couple of seasons to build a most then be replaced with rookies. That makes the reduced spp cost for random skills quite significant. You could often get to a point where you can buy a random skill for a player you’re not considering taking into next season, but saving for a chosen skill would take too long. If he then gets the skill you wanted this makes him more valuable in post-season so maybe he gets another year. It’s an interesting mechanic.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2020 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

True. I’ve been thinking about team building and another factor is individual players that aren’t special are likely going to get a couple of seasons to build a most then be replaced with rookies. That makes the reduced spp cost for random skills quite significant. You could often get to a point where you can buy a random skill for a player you’re not considering taking into next season, but saving for a chosen skill would take too long. If he then gets the skill you wanted this makes him more valuable in post-season so maybe he gets another year. It’s an interesting mechanic.

Am being thick or did I miss any convo about how the random select works for the skill? Or am I reading the speculation too literally and there is some agency for the coach in 'random'?

Just wondering about how much gambling is involved here because...there are not many 'bad' AG skills in my book. And with the Random Secondary at +20k, that's pretty great for elves with sweet sweet Strength Skills.
 Jump to: