37 coaches online • Server time: 09:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2020 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, just a question (sorry if it's stupid or if it was already explained and I missed it).
Will Secret League teams be updated to the new ruleset?
Statline (with the new PA characteristic), new rules, new skills etc. or will they stick to BB 2016 forever?
Will Season redraft be applied to SL teams?

Thanks in advance!
Thelovelyfool

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't say I have an official answer at all, but I'd be very surprised if most of these weren't updated. People who create custom teams often just like to design new teams and crunch numbers (I know I do!). So I'm pretty sure that these teams will eventually be updated to be playable in BB2020, but there might be a delay before.

I personally am crunching numbers for a custom team creation guide in BB2020 and I'm certain not to be the only one.

TL;DR : Time will tell, but my educated guess is that yes, but maybe after a delay.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

1, Yes Secret League will be updated to the new rule set.
2, I am begging christer to let us use the new match maker/scheduler thing he develops for the new competative division, but no promises here.
3, Re-draft I am not sure about yet. But if seasons are implemented there definitely wont be a post draft cap.
4, Stat line will use the new skills and stats etc... I haven't decided if I will adopt the new "-" for passing, as I feel this should be 6 at worse, so I might house rule that.

5, Slann coaches can migrate their teams here if they like

more will be announced at a later date.

Also can people please stop contacting me to help out with the rosters. This isn't needed. But thank you for the offers.

If people do want to help out then we need A4 pencil drawings of the missing player art. They need to replicate the Peter Knifton art style.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Matchmaking scheduler would be awesome!
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2020 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm wondering whether no re-draft or no cap will even work with this ruleset.

Even with TV caps for tournaments and the scheduler, are we still going to end up with a lot of freakazoid teams?

We might be better off sticking with bb2016 progression if that is an option.

What are CIBBL/BIBBL doing?

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion,

I am very happy to hear this. Since it looks like the plan for other division play is to cut teams down to a max of 1350 TV at the end of each season, I expect MANY of the most prolific fumbblers will be coming to your league.

I expect that your tournaments could quickly eclipse most FUMBBL majors. Where before you had Box and Ranked, I expect the new division will be Competitive and Secret League. This is especially true if you are able to get use of the black box scheduler. Secret League will simply be the superior product. (It already is but the secret isn't fully out.)
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get carried away. Wink

It is still a crap ruleset for what we're doing.

Christer is working very hard on it and aiming to give us some good options, but it is still a sow's ear.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Don't get carried away. Wink

It is still a crap ruleset for what we're doing.

Christer is working very hard on it and aiming to give us some good options, but it is still a sow's ear.

I am more positive than koadah. I think this ruleset will be enjoyable even though there are clear flaws (every ruleset has had plenty of these).

The main division on the site will always be the more popular. But it is good to offer something different which SL does.

As for the scheduler being used in SL I can only hope.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The scheduler for SL would be fantastic. Either way, I'll be playing my leagues and SL and trying to get a handful of tourneys in.
wesirwin

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2020 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret League will be updated to the new rule set.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2022 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

My post so useful with me, thank u so much
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2022 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

peterdany wrote:
My post so useful with me, thank u so much

spam bot
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2022 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The answer though, is yes.

I hear that a new update is imminent.

Jump to: