63 coaches online • Server time: 20:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why do you play in [R] or [B]
It is where I can easily get pick-up games
48%
 48%  [ 48 ]
I care about my CR and want to improve it
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
I play mainly for the tournaments
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
The variety of opponents and teams
14%
 14%  [ 14 ]
I don't play in [R] or [B]
22%
 22%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 100

badger89

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I played in R and now I play in B most of the day unless I game a L game on with someone. but feel B if exciting to see match up.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

steinerp wrote:
It was meant to be about why you play in either/both not one or the other, if that makes sense.

It's a bit tough when the reason you play in one is the exact reason you don't play the other.

But ok, I'll play, I currently play Blackbox because I enjoy competing for the Jake Steel trophy (although I know I have no chance winning it).

I used to play Blackbox because
- I almost quit Fumbbl a couple of months after joining because of the picker meta in Ranked, but then Blackbox was implemented just in time
- I liked to play league-like games without sceheduling
- I liked building my humans to 2000+ TV and trying to survive and win vs the huge CPOMB teams (at one point had a 68 game run above 2000 TV with a winning record /boast)

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
petalwarfare

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I play Ranked mainly because I live in US and getting box games isn't guaranteed. I like both formats but may mainly play leagues going forward. not sure though.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I only play league now as its the absolutely easiest way to get a game. People are scheduled to play against you., so they don't get a choice to say no! I also prefer it as there seems to be more of a point to the matches.

I know with black box trophy etc you can create your own purpose for playing, but as it isn't one your opponent necessarily shares - I just find L to be more relevant for what I want out of playing BB.

edit: I know this thread is supposed to be about R and B only - but 22% of people have voted they don't play in either division so want to give some voice to that (rather large) section of the community.
 Jump to: