36 coaches online • Server time: 01:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

A shame. If there was a general consensus about something about the future of the blood bowl (apart from the CLAWPOMB abuse) it was that the passing system should improve. I remember seeing a statistic that stated that the average pass per game was less than one, and now it's getting worse. I hope they are in time to amend it somehow.

Maybe the old quick +1, short +0, long -1 and bomb -2 could be used now? this would improve passing enough.
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

@SquirrelDude

Thanks for those charts. They do confirm that PA 2+ is always a fumble or wildly inaccurate if they fail. So this is a nerf even to the elven throwers - now when they miss it scatters from them, where as before it at least went presumably downfield at least some way to where you wanted.

And what is also odd is that in general I'd prefer a fumble to a wildly inaccurate - at least it is near to my thrower (ball in a TZ) and I can plan better for the fail case. So I'd rather the pass be accurate, then fumble, then wildly inaccurate. Aka, on a long pass I'm praying to roll high or a 1, please nuffle not 2 or 3. Even more so when doing a TTM and I might hit my own big guy.

Someone better tell the elven catchers to leave diving catch at home (if DC is still a thing).
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Niessuh wrote:
I hope they are in time to amend it somehow.

I suspect they have already bookmarked these pages at that place in Notts. And I'm not talking about The Boiler or the Pit and Pendulum...

Niessuh

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully the "widly inaccurate" result will be removed at least. It also overcomplicate rules:
A natural 1 la a fumble, every other fail result inaccurate, then accurate.
Heroic_Tackle

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, maybe it is a mistake and not what they wanted? It is so weird, a playtester would have seen this anomaly I'd think.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Just played my youngest son on tabletop for his first ever game. At the end he said 'What's this for?' He was holding the range ruler.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 16:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Just played my youngest son on tabletop for his first ever game. At the end he said 'What's this for?' He was holding the range ruler.

Did you annihilate him and then dance around laughing? I hope so Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Malmir

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

We began with a pitch invasion - four of mine stunned and five of his. He was 1-0 up at half time when we stopped and we had one dead each. Exciting stuff Smile
sebco

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Concerning "wildly inaccurate" results, we had a debate on french forum. I (and some others) considered it was on a 1- after applying modifiers but some others considered it was only on a 1 (exactly) after applying modifiers. So if you roll 3-3=0 for example it's inaccurate and not wildly inaccurate.

After re-reading the rules and discussing about it, we didn't know what was the good reading of the rules (it is never clearly said that after applying modifiers, worst result is 1 and there are no 0 -1 -2 etc to consider).

What are your thoughts about that?

PS : We also concluded PA 1+ had no interest as results were not better than with PA 2+

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Niessuh wrote:

This is fantasy rugby now!

Hallleluja.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

GW Crap at Designing Games!
Story at 11.

In other news, water is still wet.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
Concerning "wildly inaccurate" results, we had a debate on french forum. I (and some others) considered it was on a 1- after applying modifiers but some others considered it was only on a 1 (exactly) after applying modifiers. So if you roll 3-3=0 for example it's inaccurate and not wildly inaccurate.

After re-reading the rules and discussing about it, we didn't know what was the good reading of the rules (it is never clearly said that after applying modifiers, worst result is 1 and there are no 0 -1 -2 etc to consider).

What are your thoughts about that?

PS : We also concluded PA 1+ had no interest as results were not better than with PA 2+
Yes that does appear to be the most exact interpretation of the rule. It's clearly stated on an earlier page that modified results can be less than 0, which they'd have to if you have 1+ target numbers.

A strict interpretation of the rule as currently written would look like this.

It's probably intended to work in a way closer to this

The rule as written in the leaked images is pretty clearly broken. It's reasonable to expect this rule to be addressed early in errata.
Heroic_Tackle

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2020 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I also wonder why Cloudburster does not work on all passing ranges. Seems pointless. Splitting old Safe Thow in two skills is bad anyway.
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2020 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

They needed 12 passing skills in order to use the new random system like all other characterístics, but splitting the old passing skills info several worthless skills is a very wrong decision indeed.

In fact I am quite sure that absolutely no one is going to roll random passing skill ups
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2020 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah i am sure that there could have been some better pass skills. What about a more accurate HMP? What about something extra on leadership... like a "Inspired Leader" that saves a KO into a stun (sort of like an apoth lite as long as the thrower is on the field).

I just feel that trying to have gimmicky bonuses to a broken passing system can only go so far.
 Jump to: