39 coaches online • Server time: 14:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2020 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

We’re back! And this time, it’s double the trouble.

On August 22 & 23, NAF Live returns for one last time in this run; and we’re bringing you not one, but two tournaments so we end with a bang. Find out all about the UK Games Expo and Vodka Bowl on the European and / or Americas group pages, and use the links and instructions therein to apply to one, or both of, the tournaments.

Running two one-day tournaments that are quite different presents a few admin headaches, so in order to combat these and have the events run smoothly for entrants and admin (er, myself) alike, we have introduced some additional submission requirements, which I’ve copy / pasted below. Make sure you read these, because they are important.

Finally, anyone who mocks my MS Paint skills is both absolutely correct to do so, and is docked 5 points before play.

Enjoy!

Phil / Goo.

Additional sign-up requirements:

- To apply for Saturday’s tournament (the UK Games Expo), you must write [Sat] at the start of your team name. [Sun] for Sunday (Vodka Bowl)

- Applications end 20:00 server the day before the tournament. Applications made after this time are likely to be discounted

- Both tournaments are using the same FUMBBL ruleset, which includes a lot of redundancy for the Saturday tournament (the UK Games Expo) builds. Remember: if you have excess cash to spend or too many skills to give out, don’t spend it or select ‘no skill’ in the dropdown box. Much of the additional allocation is for Sunday (Vodka Bowl) and the more complex builds that will bring.
Waldorf

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2020 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

How does hiring Star Players work? Do we list them in the Team Bio and they get added by an Admin?
TheFear

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2020 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming its the same as previous tournaments in this run. You list them in the Bio and then buy them as an inducement at the start of each game.
Waldorf

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2020 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thanks!
Malmir

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2020 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a really fun Goblin team worked out for the Sunday, but apparently I am off to buy my kids school shoes f(&*(^&( s*&(*&.
Waldorf

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2020 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Have submitted a team. Actually submitted the wrong one first but it'll be clear which is correct since it follows the required naming convention!
Waldorf

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2020 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

*Now* I read that only Stunty teams can take Star Players! Rightio. Third submission incoming.

Can you tell I don't do this very often?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2020 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I am getting that impression. Wink

All that you ask should be on the group pages. I’ll check submissions later.
Thot

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2020 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Great a double tournament.
I take Slanns and OWA

AND, after missing a single Online NAF Tournament and participating in all the NAF Live, I can finally finish my online roster tour, the 27 races will have been played before the new wave Smile

Thank you to all the organizers who make these online tournaments exist
Angeblich

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2020 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I can change my team-picture after submitting it to the tournament, right?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2020 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2020 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Reminder bump!

Numbers are looking as expected at the moment. I suspect we'll break the minimum number we want to run a tournament in each case (8 ). Roll up!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2020 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

We have passed the deadline for Saturday (UK Games Expo) applications.

Europe: 16 coaches, including two rosters to be sorted out.

Americas: 8 coaches.

Sunday applications: Still open.

I'll see everyone tomorrow for two lovely looking tournaments!
Waldorf

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2020 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Is everything mediated through the Fumbbl interface or is there a Discord channel or something similar we need to join for the pairings? Where are announcements made? In this thread?

Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere... this is my first ever Fumbbl tourney.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2020 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

No problems.

Turn up on the website within the 20 minutes registration period, as on the group page.

At 20 past, I will draw the tournament. Your game will be visible on your coach overview.

I will PM the group, and I’ll be in the NAF Live Discord channel on the FUMBBL server. That channel will be where the tournament chatter will be.
 Jump to: