44 coaches online • Server time: 00:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dynamix

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a look at the table, Storr is going top the table with the points for games played. Those are some seriously impressive scores at the top and so tight between the top coaches!
Christy

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
Looking at these scores it strikes me that the 2.5 points per point of unspent budget equal 10% win rate. When the Trophy was still 200 games it was half that. This means 40% win rate with Flings is equal to 50% with Underworld, 60% with Norse or 70% with Chaos Dwarves. Having done 70% with CDs I feel that was harder than any of the others sound. Christy's Trophy stats back that up, the top 3 races for adjusted score are Underworld, Slann and Ogre. In the top half, there is only one Tier 1 team (Undead), but all the Tier 3 and Tier 4 teams except Goblins (which missed it by three spots).

Not sure this a case of "working as intended", maybe the bonus for unspent budget, like the racial lead, should go down to 1.5 next season? Also looks more neat if you like symmetry.

Good to see the stats being put to good use. I imagine that this is an unintended consequence. To be fair not one many people saw coming I think. It would be interesting to see how far a good player could take a min budget team. Of course then there is the question if it will still get high enough points to go top vs just above average.

Life has been a bit busy recently delaying updates. Of course this time around I have the excuse that Christer broke my code Laughing .
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah vicius did a min budget in the first trophy I think and got a pretty good score, Top10 IIRC, but there it was different not only because of dilution of the 2.5 points but also because matches 26-40 tend to be harder. I think if the 2.5 points stay for next season we just might see a min budget winner.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2020 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

My Second run has finished with a blast. 10 wins in the last 10 games with the "gransfathered" underworld.

Brings me to 86.5 Points and current 6th place.

Skaven: 18/6/1 = 23.5 points => Racial Lead

Skaven have been my first competitive team in a league setting and they have not let me down. A +ST Horns GR helped a lot, of course, and the oneturner was only made natural in the last 2 games or so.

Underworld: 19/1/5 = 22 points (racial at 23.5 by Malmir)

After a horrible start with multiple deaths of key positional they went strong after 10 games finishing 14 /0 1 in the last 15 games. Keeping them at reasonable TV did help

Dwarves: 16/3/6 = 20 Points (racial not even close)

I mean this was really shit. I probably just have no idea how to play dwarves, or maybe it was some tough matchups with some tough luck as well. probably missplayed the metagame a bit, taking to much TV on the field with too few skills. A shame for a Tier 1 race

Ogres: 14/6/5 = 19.5 Points (Racial at 22 by Lautrahemon)

Still one of my favorite teams, solid performance at least. Did not specifically like the change in the scheduler with calculating snots TV into the matchmaking, but since that was the case I did not care about TV and just made some nice ogres.

So yeah currently 6th and 11th place, obviously not gonna run another one, let's see what's going on with all the rules changes and then come back strong for box trophy 4!

Also I need to improve my dwarf game Smile
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2020 - 02:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If BBT4 gets delayed due to impending ruleset changes, how about an end of season tournament? A Minor?

Rules:
- Straight knock out
- Any BBT3 team who has completed their 25 games and played no more than this.
- One team per coach
Storr

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

So, the 2nd box trophy run is over and it went incredibly well. With 38 days left, this squad is currently in the lead with an overall score of 98, including two raial leads. I picked 4 races I hadn't played before, but it turned out that, apart from Khemri, I didn't really leave my comfort zone of elfs and stunties. Some thoughts on the teams:

Norse 20/3/2: https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=977256
This team started with 2 ulfs and 1 catcher never got more positionals. Trying to stay at low, the third reroll was dropped as soon as both ulfs had block. I mostly played them like a proper banger, which worked quite well, but also cost me some games.

Khemri 14/8/3: https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=977214
This was by far the most challenging team of all four, but also a very good lesson on positioning. I went with a guard heavy build whith no MB on the tomb guardians. I always felt I needed more G and SF, but controlling the field worked well until I met smallkosp... The last few games were with 2-3 TG.

Underworld 20/5/0: https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=978340
Same strategy of staying low TV as the norse, played with 1rr + leader and only one thrower. With early Claw/MB/Tackle on the blitzers this team outbashed most of his opponents. Thanks to the change to uw this team played the last 4 games with a gutter, to a record of 3/1/0. Took the racial lead.

Pro Elves 21/4/0: https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=976864
Carried by a ST4 blitzer and an ag5 blitzer (for a few games) this team started 20/0/0, because... well, I'm not sure. I always played for the win and somehow it worked. The aggressive playstyle took its toll though and I collected quite some SI and deaths, especially on the catchers. The last 5 games brought 4 draws, but it still was enough for the racial lead.

All in all, it was another fun journey and I'm looking forward to the next season in BB2020.
lautrehamon

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome record, well done ! The pro elf run is just crazy.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

@Storr
It's a very impressive score. Allthough I've only finished 4 games in black box trophy this season, I have followed the development in the top. I wouldn't have guessed pre-season that a non-existent coach would've won it all (I'm assuming noone will beat you now). I think it shows playing on FUMBBL is not a huge leap if your background is other platforms (table top, BB2 etc...).

It's great that you have enjoyed yourself, and I hope I will be able to complete a season and give some competition next season.

Last edited by Shraaaag on Aug 23, 2020 - 20:57; edited 1 time in total
Strider84

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Very well done!
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Very impressive run Storr, congrats! They say it's bad luck to already say congrats on winning Season 3 so I won't, but it's pretty unlikely that anyone can beat this. The fact that you're not doing another run this season is a relief, at least my Dark Elf racial lead is safe from you! Wink (DrDeath will probaly still take it away though.)
Malmir

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Storr. That's a top effort and you will be a worthy winner.
straume

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a standings page on this I can have a look at?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

straume wrote:
Is there a standings page on this I can have a look at?

https://fumbbl.com/p/boxtrophy

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2020 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing runs storr! That is stratospheric BBowl level for me Smile congratulations!

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2020 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers guys!
 Jump to: