17 coaches online • Server time: 03:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What's your favourite JCVD movie?
Bloodsport
30%
 30%  [ 15 ]
Kickboxer
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
Universal Soldier
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
JCVD
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Hard Target
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Double Impact
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Expendables 2
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Sudden Death
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Double Team
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Street Fighter
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 50

Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2020 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Kondor wrote:
Garion wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
As an aside, does everybody know whether Sweltering Heat has been changed?

At the end of a Sweltering Heat drive each coach randomly selects D3 players that played in that drive. They miss the next drive.

Do I choose D3 players from my team or from the other team?

It doesn't specify, just roll d3 for each team and then randomly select (roll D16 to do this) which players miss the next drive

That is too bad. It would be far more fun I you got to choose which of your opponent's players were too tired to come out.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Like the kick off table it's a big improvement.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of new skills but I'm not sure the ones they came up with are any good

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I prefer around 1600-1800. I didn't even think that was particularly high.

I prefer roughly 1300-2500 TV.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Time Wasting

My favorite bit is that GW actually started looking at stalling - in my view the singular worst game mechanic in Blood Bowl.

They haven't fixed it yet of course, but I wonder what the inevitable "Death Zone" book has to expand on the "Time Wasting" rule.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
mattwakeman

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Still think that combating stalling by using any external rule simply means another way to game the system i.e. if you have to score if you can, then coaches hold back a square.

Allow subs. They enter from your endzone and now if you want to stall then the defensive team can bring on players much closer to the cage then the attacking team can support it. It encourages movement and also eliminates the pointless half when a teams entire LoS is removed and there is nothing the other team can do.

I am really looking forward to the new metas being developed and seeing how coaches will build up teams with the new rules.
stej

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on the fence with the stalling aspect. I feel some teams will be significantly less viable in terms of wins if they can't stall out the clock. Who want's to score early vs woodelves
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that they are changing up teams such as trying to make Necros and Undead more distinct by swapping the wight for a wraith. I also like that some teams now have several big guy options.

We'd already seem minor tweaks in BB16 to flings, ogres and Lizardmen, but it's nice to see bigger changes.

I hope we'll get a revamped and interesting Amazon team in a later release.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

mattwakeman wrote:
Still think that combating stalling by using any external rule simply means another way to game the system i.e. if you have to score if you can, then coaches hold back a square.

That's true but stalling farther could make the stalling a bit riskier than now.

Garion wrote:

At the end of a Sweltering Heat drive each coach randomly selects D3 players that played in that drive. They miss the next drive.

new Sweltering Heat is nice, glad it has been nerfed. Another change I like. Thanks Garion.

Even Agility cap 5 sounds nice to me as well, although probably with the Season Redraft few players would have taken AG 6 anyway.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2020 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
I like that they are changing up teams such as trying to make Necros and Undead more distinct by swapping the wight for a wraith. I also like that some teams now have several big guy options.

We'd already seem minor tweaks in BB16 to flings, ogres and Lizardmen, but it's nice to see bigger changes.

I hope we'll get a revamped and interesting Amazon team in a later release.

Yeah good shout. I love the return of the optional big guys. Was a terrible change when that was removed in lrb5.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2020 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
mattwakeman wrote:

That's true but stalling farther could make the stalling a bit riskier than now.

And I think the Jumping Rules will also make it harder to screen and hence stall. So yes, Dwarf cages will be forced to score early, but the elf types wont be able to screen as effectively either. Also given TD's influence match winnings, the incentive is there to rack up the scores.

The 2-1 grind may be replaced by the 4-3 scramble? Perhaps a more exciting game alround then?
bujke

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2020 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

JCVD - Legionnaire
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2020 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

mattwakeman wrote:
Still think that combating stalling by using any external rule simply means another way to game the system i.e.

You might be right about this.
bujke

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2020 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding stalling

What if scoring gave another drive to the scoring team? It would reward the score instead of penalize.

Problem is with high MA teams that can use it to rack up TDs but it could be mitigated by reducing max MA and giving a certain advantage to the kicking team, like perfect defence for example or even a blitz (done only on a drive that comes after a score).
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2020 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Consider that nerfing the Kick-Off table is a step towards reducing the "penality" of scoring.
One of the reasons to delay the score is that some Kick-Off events of the current ruleset can help the receiving team to score (Riot, Pitch Invasion, Blitz!).
 Jump to: