69 coaches online • Server time: 21:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2020 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Let's say it... They're not THAT bad. I don't exactly know how to win with them but I definitely know how to draw. Get the Riotous Rookies and swarm!

2) The Pump Wagons. Really Stupid is a bit of a pain but I don't think you can play with just 2 players above ST1. We're stuck with them and their double negatrait, for whatever reason. I'll keep muttering that RS on pump wagons has no balance or fluff motivation whatsoever.

3) The other positionals. I've taken 1 bomber so far and I've not managed to skill up yet. I don't know about the rest. Yes they have TZs but they dodge on a 3, cut into your inducements, and don't swarm. Very much on the fence, might try them eventually.

4) This is HUGE! Snotlings start roughly 1/3 of all offense drives with the ball already in the hands of one of their players, due to swarming, high kick and touchbacks. Not even an elf team with a Catch/Kick-off Return chap can boast that (EDIT: a catch/KoR elf is actually better than that, at around 50%, who woulda thunk - but swarming is free and does not require skillups). This makes your offense setup and drive much more secure at the start, than any other stunty team can say about theirs.

5) Matchmaking. If you're playing league you're fine, you can float around 600-700 and take RR, bribes, Fungus, a wizard... If you are stuck with TV-matchmaking in the main divisions, I strongly suggest you start the team off with a Rumble and maybe a Brawl after that. This team lives on inducements more than any others.

What do you think?

Any success stories, disagreements, things to add?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2020 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
2) The Pump Wagons. Really Stupid is a bit of a pain but I don't think you can play with just 2 players above ST1. We're stuck with them and their double negatrait, for whatever reason. I'll keep muttering that RS on pump wagons has no balance or fluff motivation whatsoever.

Exactly. Worst part of the roster is RS on the wagons. Fluff wise RS makes no sense, they are manned by snots, so they have the "assist" a RS player normally needs. Bone Head would have been better if you needed a negatrait. I still prefer the Ball & Chain mechanic on them from Stunty Leeg. Fits with snotlings trying to drive it around. Can make it effective or completely useless, and the new rule about No Hands not causing a turnover works perfectly with it.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2020 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Just pretend really stupid doesn't exist on the pump wagons. That's what I did in all three games I have played. Unfortunately, the client didn't play along, but no matter how many times I got caught out, my brain just couldn't accept they have stupid.
Breadcrumb

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2020 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember one person saying they're less of a team and more of an army.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2020 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll start by saying I'm at best an average player and certainly no stunty expert. I've been trialling a 250TV build (2 Trolls, Bomber, Snots) in a League environment. 2 games so far.

The original plan was to take Morg & Ripper, but definitely think Riotous Rookies (RR) is a must so instead I've been going Morg, Riotous Rookies, a Merc Bomber with HMP and 2 bribes.

Basically Morg has been keeping us in the games with his removals, and RR has been incredibly handy in keeping the number advantage.

Not had much value out of the HMP bomber or the bribes. Would probably have been better with a rostered Reroll (just to aid pickups or TTMs), a bribe and a wagon for the same 220TV.

As it stands I go into the next game at a massive 370TV (2 Trolls, a roster HMP bomber, a DP Snotling, a reroll and 1 FF). Which means Morg + RR takes the team to 900TV

Last edited by C0ddlefish on Sep 02, 2020 - 22:12; edited 1 time in total
Bluegill87

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2020 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah if you're really hard up to keep Really Stupid on the wagons...at least stick another Troll in there and ax their loner.

The Secret League Snot teams boast a 6 troll no loner lineup but it's way too hard to keep that many stupids in line. At least with Riotous Rookies/Swarming you've got a bit better control over that now.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Bluegill87 wrote:
Yeah if you're really hard up to keep Really Stupid on the wagons...at least stick another Troll in there and ax their loner.

The Secret League Snot teams boast a 6 troll no loner lineup but it's way too hard to keep that many stupids in line. At least with Riotous Rookies/Swarming you've got a bit better control over that now.

Not true because the pump wagons in SL do not have stupid so using them to keep the trolls active is really important. Also snotlings dodging on a 2 means it's always easy to assist a troll. Though swarming was something I always wanted to add in the SL snotling team. And will do soon Smile

I have to say this official roster is seriously let down by really stupid on the pump wagons, there's just no need for it.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

really stupid has a fluff reason. The pump wagons are manned by many snotlings that constantly argue with each other over the simplest of reasons. If those arguments break out in a fight the wagons simply do nothing. A snotling that is on the pitch acts as a leader to keep the arguments down.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

AzraelEVA wrote:
really stupid has a fluff reason. The pump wagons are manned by many snotlings that constantly argue with each other over the simplest of reasons. If those arguments break out in a fight the wagons simply do nothing. A snotling that is on the pitch acts as a leader to keep the arguments down.

Yeah I don't buy that. It sounds extremely contrived.

But it's not the biggest issue the roster would suck either way. RS on the wagons just makes the roster a little less fun.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

"Contrived"... it makes fluffwise totally sense that those little idiots don't know how to handle such a killermachine.
Bonehead would have been mayber better.
So far from the games I watched and the one I played they are also resulting in very entertaining matches.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Bonehead or Wild Animal make more sense if it has to have a negatrait (effectively can't decide what to do). With Really Stupid it suggest somebody near can tell the Wagon what to do, but in that case wouldn't you have that 'instructor' sat on the Wagon...
mekutata

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

That's true and why i agree with Bonehead being more fitting. But that they have trouble doing anything right makes sense, fluffwise 🤡
I am a fan of ball & chain players, but right now they made snots differ well from goblins, making the wagons a b&c would turn them into weaker swarming gobs with twice the weapons

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
AzraelEVA wrote:

Yeah I don't buy that. It sounds extremely contrived.

But it's not the biggest issue the roster would suck either way. RS on the wagons just makes the roster a little less fun.

100% agreement.

I'm not buying single snotling on the pitch telling a bunch of quarreling snots on the wagon to calm down and get on with it. Why would they listen to him or even notice him there? I could see a no loner Bone Head, but I think Secret Weapon is more than enough on this roster.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Not had much value out of the HMP bomber or the bribes. Would probably have been better with a rostered Reroll (just to aid pickups or TTMs), a bribe and a wagon for the same 220TV.

I'm not a fan of the HMP bomber myself, but when it has Side Step by default and doesn't need doubles, I'm willing to give it a go. I'll judge when I get to it. When I had it with gobbos, I wasn't impressed.

A couple of bribes are absolutely brilliant. They allow you to field 2 secret weapons in the first drive, use your bench to avoid having to field them in the second drive of the first half (if it happens) and then splash out with 3 or even 4 weapons, depending on what you took as stars, in the second half. Goblins rarely can do that because of bench constraints. But I'll admit that I still have to roll a bunch of 1s on the snotling bribes, so YMMV
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah a HMP bomber Merc for 110 didn't seem worth it. A HMP bomber for 50k (30+20) is far more palatable. I'm not sure following it up with Pass to reduce the fumble risk is worth it. My gut feeling is that 20k would be better on a rookie Stilter as secondary ball carrier (after Morg obviously)
 Jump to: