45 coaches online • Server time: 14:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I've not tried morg yet, looking forward to his cost reduction come BB2020

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Yeah I don't buy that. It sounds extremely contrived.

But it's not the biggest issue the roster would suck either way. RS on the wagons just makes the roster a little less fun.

Totally agree with you. It's like GW just wanted them to be the absolute worst by putting RS on the wagons. They should have create a special movement mechanic for them, like the fanatic have and remove the RS. It would have make more sence than a wagon could sometimes be incontrollable because of all the snots inside, or because of the engine.
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Cant find the rules... what does Riotous Rookies and swarm do? Or please link me in the right direction Very Happy
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2020 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Swarming is add D3 basic Snotlings on the pitch above the initial 11 at each kickoff (as long as you have enough on the bench).

Riotous Rookies is an inducement for 100k that gives you 2xD3 + 1 (I think) journeymen on the bench.
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2020 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The Pump Wagons having RS is definitely the thing that grates me most about the roster. It makes no sense to me and Bonehead would have been a nicer fit. I was thinking that the Wagons would have Disturbing Presence due to the model choices of having snotlings shouting and throwing pebbles from it...
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2020 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely the problem with the wagons is less the RS (though silly and I agree bonehead would have been more sensible) and more the fact that they are a secret weapon that costs 110k and has a similar impact to that of a troll for one drive.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2020 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi think I found a bug - just accidentally fielded 14 snots before swarming and it accepted it when I unknowingly clicked. I then got swarming on top (which I didn't field) but clearly I shouldn't have been able to field 14. I had taken riotous rookies and had a 23 man squad if that made any difference.
SunDevil

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2020 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I find the RS on the Pump Wagons makes perfect sense - they have to start it going, like a Chainsaw. Sometimes the thing just won't start. That said, I could see it being BH instead, that would fit the bill as well.

Stay off the sidelines!
Arthas85

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2020 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

SunDevil wrote:
I find the RS on the Pump Wagons makes perfect sense - they have to start it going, like a Chainsaw. Sometimes the thing just won't start. That said, I could see it being BH instead, that would fit the bill as well.

But Really Stupid is a rule to simulate the fact that the player is so dumb that needs someone close (probably shouting at him) to increase the chances that he stay focussed on the field. The pump wagon has already a whole bunch of snotlings struggling and arguing to get the damn thing working. The rule that better could simulate this situation is indeed bonehead, in the sense that a roll of 1 mimics the snotlings discussing too much, being uncapable of making it work or a general malfunctioning.
BitsHammer

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2020 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I could see an argument for Really Stupid. It's well established that the average Blood Bowl player isn't very smart. And Snotlings are even dumber than average, so when you take a bunch of them and put them in charge of something like a Pump Wagon they're bound to be -even dumber- than normal as each one tries to be the one on charge. Having someone else yell at them and point at the thing they need to run over probably helps a bit to keep them on task.

But then again I've sort of think of them as like getting a bonus troll on the team. Throw two trolls and a wagon on the line with a couple of Snots behind them to form a W (something the team should have standard) if on the offensive or a bit further back to run up and help nudge everyone in the right direction and we get a pretty durable front line for a team that's full of -very- squishy...well basically everything else.

But I admit I'm coming into the team (and the game) fairly new, so I'm likely missing something obvious, but I don't think it's really a problem in general for the team. At the very least it should be reasonably controllable (well as much as a 2+ roll in BB can be, so basically a 50/50 chance of failure....)
Arthas85

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2020 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I don't buy the explanation that a snotling close to the machine could aid those arguing on the machine itself.
After all, if WE are the ones chosen to manage the cool and deadly machine, why should WE listen to the poor suckers probably hired among the crowd to get their ass kicked while WE do the important work?
BitsHammer

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2020 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

"Oi! Coach sez to git dat 'un next!" Is probably the magic phrase. The real trick is shouting loud enough to be heard over the squabbling.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2020 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

In WHFB the Pump Wagon advanced randomly, so probably Ball & Chain would have been better as WhatBall said.
Really Stupid doesn't make sense to me, either Ball & Chain or Bone-head and by the way a Pump Wagon is not very sophisticated, it has no engine. It's propelled by a swarm of Snotlings pulling alternatively up and down a lever, like the railway pump wagons of the past.
bbhdnp

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there something in Ranked preventing a straight TV matchup for snotlings? I have a few new teams, Dwarfs for one, at circa 1000TV that don't show up against a similar TV snotling team. Yet other teams with a massive TV difference do - ogres at 1800 TV for example and my other Dwarfs at 1500 TV. Is this purposely designed so that snotlings always get inducements?
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I find another problem med snotlings in the gamefinder. Snotlings have so low tv due to the disposable skill that finding a matchup gets hard. Especially when you get a mng on a troll.
 Jump to: