48 coaches online • Server time: 20:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2020 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

nah, this is designed for a range of tvs. it 'should' make it more balanced from ~1000 up to ~2000 tv. (I don't have any idea about lower than 1000 tv, as i don't have huge interest in anything under 1200 tv, in particular due to the current rulesets balance issues at 1000tv, and the core assumptions my ruleset makes about the pricing guidelines, which changes the base roster to 1200tv instead of 1000tv.)

and yes, what it is, is how to make balanced rosters, using the bb2016 ruleset (prior to things like disposable being added, which I actually think is worse than the pricing changes I suggest for ogres). The only modifications to the ruleset itself are to do with gold winnings per match, as that is something i can control given the tools available to me in league currently.

I think that some rules changes from bb2020 would be awesome (particularly the kick off tables), while others will have deeper impacts that I can't foresee (like the passing changes). Therefore, my work will need to undergo potentially extensive revisions once bb2020 is implemented.

but you'll note my original claim was 'Thoralf, i actually DID try to balance all the teams' not that I tried to fix the ruleset. I specifically tried to balance them, using the considerations of the current ruleset (with the exception noted above about earnings per match).

the other assumption i make is that inducements are well balanced as they are. this is probably a horribly silly assumption, but again, that is something i can't control. this means that in theory, teams should also be much more balanced in this ruleset if you play a wide tv gap
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2020 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

How is the switch over going to work?

Will it be like previous switchovers where teams are moved to a holding tank where coaches can choose to move their teams to "Competitive" or "League"?

That way, coaches can wait a while for the dust to settle before deciding which way to go and whether they will be cut down or not.

Please, please, please don't just automatically update them in place. Like the time when some players ended up with 2 * Juggernaut.

I guess that a friendly League commish might fix some bogus Juggernauts for you if you still havve them. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2020 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
This is a companion post for my blog post on the current thinking for the BB2020 update. Please read the blog post for context and keep ideas and thoughts in this forum thread.

I like where you are going with this.
Make it more fun to play when you have limited time (not always looking at a no skills team).

The only thing that would get me playing more is a mode that takes less time say 20-30 minutes for a game. Don't really care how, could be like lightning chess if it had to be.
Hard to get more than 30min in a go with young kids.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2020 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like you should try 7s...generally the games take about 45 mins rather than say 90.
AiThebuffycat

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2020 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Im a bit late to the party but it was asked what allowable tv gaps, I believe that each game should add 100 tv to the acceptable range of tv allowance, (ex 0 games at 1000 tv +-100, 1 game team tv +-200 exc) because your tv only really matters for your first few games where you get the ball rolling, by the time your team is at 1500tv you can play up to 2000tv teams without much difficulty with similarly skilled coaches. Though an argument could be made for 50k variance per game via a matchmaker, giving teams at 10 games a +-500 tv range by which to be matched from, which allows the use of every inducement and the time to have built a team to a satisfactory level. These pairs with games played rolling over with seasons such that if we only look at games played teams just after trimming will still be within range to face teams just about to redraft.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2020 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

With inducements improving, like star players getting cheaper, more cheap bribes, riotous rookies and so on, and the fairly narrow TV band across all teams, I think match making is going to be much easier

You could potentially just pair any teams, without concern, first come first serve even
(after their first few games)
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2020 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The banding in matching making under the current rules was to prevent perpetual teams being destroyed and causing angst amongst those who were "team builders". With the seasonal rebuild rules, a team has little to fear with regards to being "destroyed" and as such we can probably be a bit more relaxed about TV gaps - particularly with the inducement improvements and also the rules against stalling and promoting scoring (TD's = Cash).
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2020 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
With the seasonal rebuild rules, a team has little to fear with regards to being "destroyed" and as such we can probably be a bit more relaxed about TV gaps

Or simply match by "similar number of games into their season".
SkittleMosaic

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2020 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=908556

Got a Dark Elf team ready to transition into bb2020. Team rebuild plan is in the bio. Thoughts (or potential errors)? I don't want to play the 15th game and risk expensive mistakes and injuries doing more harm than its worth.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2020 - 06:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
ClayInfinity wrote:
With the seasonal rebuild rules, a team has little to fear with regards to being "destroyed" and as such we can probably be a bit more relaxed about TV gaps

Or simply match by "similar number of games into their season".

Isn't that what we debated the previous 10 pages haha
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2020 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Isn't that what we debated the previous 10 pages haha

No point worrying about TV gaps then innit Cool

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

pielover101 wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=908556

Got a Dark Elf team ready to transition into bb2020. Team rebuild plan is in the bio. Thoughts (or potential errors)? I don't want to play the 15th game and risk expensive mistakes and injuries doing more harm than its worth.

I think the income lines are right to get you to 1355k.

The one big question I'm not sure about is if (how?) Fan Factor will be converted to Dedicated Fans for this first redraft.

The issue with your redraft team is no Apo and potentially no DF will mean a high risk of loss of players that you can't afford to replace. Id at least consider dropping another positional for a lineman + Apo (+ any left over for DF until we hear more on how/if FF will be converted across)
SkittleMosaic

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

@C0ddlefish
If Dark Elves (that have concentrated SPPs with MVPs) shouldn't retain 10 skills I have no idea how the slow teams will cope :O

I thought since FF doesn't add to TV that you would just carry it all over? But I guess we don't know.

I didn't realise the rulebook gives you twice the funds :O I suppose if you're doing 15 games with a cap it makes sense but that's a lot of house rules. I feel like a shorter season (5-10 games) with no cap makes sense and uses no house rules. Keeps the TV relatively low too. eg. If the limit was 7 games (8 team division replication) then the team that won all of them will only have 1280K+treasury? Slow teams are more resilient so aren't paying for replacements, which will give them the extra funds to cover their extra retention fees.
Igvy

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Sounds like you should try 7s...generally the games take about 45 mins rather than say 90.

Heard of it, spec'd it.
Don't know how to join/start, or if there are people on during my timezone - but i'd give it a chance, is there a link somewhere with instructions?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret League 7s https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=12147
Standard League 7s https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=12026

both primarily European time zone
 Jump to: