70 coaches online • Server time: 21:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2020 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi coaches!

I know you are wet with BB2020 and there are so many leagues around yet this is a new one which had in my mind for years and now I am happy to announce it despite the bad timing.

I made a Warhammer Fantasy map of provinces since a long time which is casually upgraded. From the start, it was designed to be a basis of a province based Fantasy Football league. About 5-6 weeks ago I had a conversation with Burnalot who gave me the inspiration to work out the first conference for this league, obviously for the Empire of Man.

18 rosters were designed conservatively based on a deep research in the lore. More will come in the long term. You can play them openly from now the same way as you do in Secret League Open (SLO). The league was named as HammerBowl referring to its closer connection to the Warhammer Fantasy lore than BB has.

But also, a closed League is forming, the

It is the first and founding conference of the closed HammerBowl league system, and similarly, more will come in the future. We are recruiting the 18 coaches for it and it will be started once filled. 5-7 games long seasons, 10 days long deadlines. Some of the teams are taken already but there are about half of the spots available. Time to join, they might get taken fast!

We will give a shot for BB2020 and for the re-draft system at the appropriate time, both for the open and the closed leagues. Our policy will be to let coaches be able to develop lovely pixel players while also keeping the league open to new members in a fair and enjoyable way. If however BB2020 will turn to be bad rules, we will move forward (or backward) without hesitation.

Cheers,
Ádám

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Nov 01, 2020 - 09:35; edited 1 time in total
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2020 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

All teams were taken but you can get on the waiting list. Also, open play has been started. Join our discord if interested to find opponents.

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2020 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey you Halfling coaches!

Mootland needs a coach. It is the single one Halfling team in the closed HammerBowl League. And it is superior to the official one as it has three Ogres instead of two Treemen.

Treemen do not live in Mootland! BB Halflings got inflicted by Lord of the Rings but that does not apply to HammerBowl which is closer to the WF lore than BB.

Not enough? Hefties have G access. That is more than reasonable, I wonder how the BB creators missed that!

Not enough? As Mootland finished 6th in its group in the regular season, it will get buffed even more if the public roll will be 2+. And we plan a nice buff for the team!

If I would be a Halfling lover I would send a PM to SzieberthAdam immediately. Maybe its too late already.

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2020 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

i like the sound of a challenge, i be game for that Smile though i have also been looking at the dwarf conference as well, we cant have teams in both the empire and dwarf conferences right?
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2020 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Not yet. Mootland is taken.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2020 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Slayer lovers!

You can make Karak Kadrin teams from now in HammerBowl!

They can have 0-16 Troll Slayers, 0-2 Giant Slayers, 0-1 Dragon Slayers, and 0-1 Daemon Slayers, all four levels of the Slayer cult. Only Doomseekers are missing but you can't ask for everything, accept that. Prepare for full frenzy action!

Roster sheet (scroll done and look for Karak Kadrin): https://fumbbl.com/help:DAHABOC-Rosters

Group: Image

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2020 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the pixel art, but I always think that solid 'iron chin' on the dwarf logo looks like ork tusks.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2020 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback. It is a conversion. That part meant to be a wrench. I might replace it with a mountain later, but there are more important stuff to do now.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2020 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah! It does look like a wrench! And a dwarf. And an ork. No offense meant, it was just where my eyes took me initially.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2020 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarf icons are coming, now the 0-16 Longbeard and the 0-2 Human in Dwarf armor for Karak Grom. Thanks Weresquid for the latter!

Thus, Karak Azgal, Karak Eight Peaks, Karaz-a-Karak, Karak Grom are now available for open play!

There are still many available spots in the upcoming Dwarf League: https://fumbbl.com/help:DAHABOC-Rules

Please look at the Rosters, this will be not a boring Dwarf mirror fest but solid tactical blocking Football.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2020 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

0-16 Fullbeard icon is done.

Karak Norn is now available for open play!

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2020 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

HEADLINE: Marienburg won the Imperial Trophy! People of the Empire are filled with indignation.
Last night Naesala Mirablar lifted the Imperial Trophy amid fireworks after winning the final against Ostland Disgraced with an impressive 4-1 score. Marienburg made a perfect season. It won all six matches, scoring 15 touchdowns against 3. Many in the Empire think that Marienburg won not because of its superior football but thanks to its financial power and also because the city hosts the World Federation of HammerBowl (WFHB). Some are going even further suggesting that Marienburg deceived Empire intentionally. Even Karl Franz made an announcement trying keep the temper cool. The Emperor pointed out how beneficial the process of rapprochement became for both states.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Nov 01, 2020 - 09:36; edited 2 times in total
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2020 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

HEADLINE: Ostland Blockers Vandalism
Ostland Blockers were infuriated after they realized that Scitek Nutritiost stopped to supply the special drink supplement for the team until the start of the next Imperial HammerBowl Championship season. Soon they appeared at the front of the company headquarters, being highly inebriated, aggressive and full with wrath. They knocked down the guard, broke into the building, and routed anything in sight. The players has been caught and jailed within an hour. Scitek Nutritiost announced that they break the contract with the team.

(Ostland Ruffian Blocker MA changed to 5.)

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2020 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

These are the old headlines which were unpublished on forums. Now they are added for completeness.

HEADLINE: Leaked Unholiness
Today it became known to the public that the Essen Light Knights are willing to hire undead Star Players. A public protest began at the team's stadium led by the priests of Morr. The team denies the accusations.

(Count Luthor Von Drakenborg, Wilhelm 'The Wolf-Man' Chaney, and Frank N Stein become unavailable for Ostermark.)

HEADLINE: Drakwald Hunting Season is Starting
Beastmen and Greenskin hunting season starting in the Drakwald Forest. Knights of the White Wolf joining en masse.

(Middenheim Blitzer quantity changed to 0-3.)

HEADLINE: Wissenland won the Imperial U21 Football League
The young catchers performed amazingly during the whole season.

(Wissenland Catcher cost changed to 80000.)

HEADLINE: Talabecland Rewards Good Performance
After a fantastic season, the Blitzers of Talabecland get higher salaries. Team representative declared that it was part of their contract.

(Talabecland Blitzer cost changed to 110000.)

HEADLINE: Mootland Runs
The new head coach of Mootland focuses on the running game. Mr. Burnsy announced: “When I got the team, I saw the wrong concept of trying to imitate humans with passing games, which is not suitable for our kind. We Halflings are much better at running. The waiters of Mootland ensure a constant supply of good runners with excellent handling skills. That is why the first thing I did was to shift our focus to the running game. I should be grateful to our fitness trainer: Our runners sprint faster and are more reliable than before. They are also better with the ball, thanks to the education about their role and also to the dragging parctice sessions with thousands of pickups. We are looking forward to the next season with high hopes.”

(Mootland Cathers renamed to Runners, gained MA, Sure Hands, lost Sprint.)

HEADLINE: Localism in Hochland!
The football team suffered big losses in the last game of the season. Top players offered 10% of their wages back to the Loggers.

(Runner cost changed to 80000, Blitzer cost changed to 90000.)

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2020 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

HEADLINE: Mystery in Marienburg
The legendary Blitzer trainer Erwin Stein suddenly quit his job at the Marienburg Guilders and is already travelling back to his family in Bögenhafen. Both him and the team refused to comment on the matter. Two days ago Stein declared that he wants to work with the team for a long term and we have learned that he already made a deposit for a house in Marienburg. This makes his departure suspicious.

(Marienburg Blitzer quantity changed to 0-2.)