64 coaches online • Server time: 23:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood
An indeterminable amount
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
Would he chuck wood even if he could?
79%
 79%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 78

NickNutria

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2020 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Malmir, I just had a terrible game with my Team Reißzähne (a necromantic Team). Was there anything I could have done better? Or had I just terrible dice? Here's the game https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4148170
mekutata

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2020 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Malmir,
I am playing more games, but I am mostly getting worse.
Here is a game where I expected to win (played in Ranked, so cherrypicking) and could nearly cage for several turns.
Curious where you would have used the saw instead in order to win.
https://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4148349
Also, seriously, you guys should update the blood bowl playbooks. Khemri still field mummies there, Piling On is still a thing, and coaches like you or Dakka (I never saw someone play Skaven like him before, literally couldn't see these Skaven at all) could surely add a lot to the existing "racial help" pages.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2020 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Why Dwarves?

Answer: Anyone who got into the Warhammer Fantasy game and didn't enter into the Playground game of 'I support whichever football team wins the League' will tell you that they choose a race closest to their own personality traits...I've dealt with many and can tell which race they play within 20 minutes of observing their attitude and demeanour. I watch teams whizzing past me on the playing field...do I switch teams just so I might score more touchdowns? No, I stay true to my people.

I have Human and Halfling tabletop teams too but that's because the halflings were way too cute not to buy and paint and humans came with the boxed game...I sold the filthy greenskins.
Java

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2020 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

BorekGrumbaki wrote:
I sold the filthy greenskins.

I still have my filthy greenskins. Love 'em.

I won't go into a rambling rant about how everyone hates the blissfully unaware dorf coaches.
CatsLaughing

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2020 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a Slaan team early in its career. I started with 10 line frogs 1 blitzer and 1 catcher.

My one blitzer I lost to a -Ag serious injury (an Ag2 leaper seems terrible), she had no skills or SPP so was retired. Now I have a no skill no SPP line frog with a niggling injury. I understand i should retire her too. That'll leave me with 10 so a journeyfrog in the next game. I do have 110k in treasury. Should I replace the fired blitzer, or hold out another game and get a Krox, or a second catcher?
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2020 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:02; edited 1 time in total
morbo89

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2020 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Malmir,
I played against doclystria yesterday in blackbox. I was using orcs against wood elves. I played a strong game and ended up winning 2-1 but this was more down to a couple of key rolls going my way at key times. Nothing game breaking but enough to tip the balance my way.
I'm quite happy with my defence first half but definitely could have improved my offensive drive as I offered up a couple of (half) decent shots at my caged ball carrier and even with a numbers advantage midway through second half the ball was not secure.
Any bits of advice on any points in the game would be greatly appreciated but particularly my offense.
This is the link to the game: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4149758

Thanks a lot for taking the time Smile

Anyone else that wants to throw their 2 cents into the ring, feel free
juck101

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2020 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to add I dontated again because this is an excellent thread and excellent time to support a game/hobby that is great.
CatsLaughing

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2020 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

MenonaLoco wrote:
Keep the MNG niggled for now. Don't hire any new players now. So you have a chance to get to 12 players after your next game.

btw. a link to your team would be helpful.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=966743
Malmir

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2020 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Right time to get caught up. Unfortunately, I'm likely to have to start actually doing work from home which might actually up my more in-depth work as I procrastinate Smile I've updated the order of reviews and plan to get a few done over the next week or two.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2020 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say the big problem you are having is with your initial choice of line-up. Slann are all about the blitzers and catchers, but as I look at your team you have 1 catcher and zero blitzers and no Krox. The Krox, in my opinion, is best left until later, but the blitzers are the team. You need them skilling asap. Many people disregard the blitzers, but they shouldn't imo. Catchers are universally accepted as awesome. Purplechest took the 'Malmir recommended' build for his Slann run (i.e. lots of blitzers) and he said it made him a better man. Either that, or that he liked it - I forget which.

CatsLaughing wrote:
I have a Slaan team early in its career. I started with 10 line frogs 1 blitzer and 1 catcher.

My one blitzer I lost to a -Ag serious injury (an Ag2 leaper seems terrible), she had no skills or SPP so was retired. Now I have a no skill no SPP line frog with a niggling injury. I understand i should retire her too. That'll leave me with 10 so a journeyfrog in the next game. I do have 110k in treasury. Should I replace the fired blitzer, or hold out another game and get a Krox, or a second catcher?
Uber

Post   Posted: May 11, 2020 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Lord Malmir,

What is your strategy to be so consistently on top of the Blackbox Trophy rankings? How does one lowly peasant go from the bottom to the top of the rankings? Teach me everything you know Master!

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2020 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Malmir! Im about to join the europen cup and have a go with Khemri but I cant decide what the last skill should be.

I have this team:

4 Tombguardians 400
2 Blitz-Ras 180
2 Thro-Ras 140
4 Skeletons 160
3 Rerolls 210
1 Fanfactor 10

and these are the skills so far:

3 Tombguardians : Guard
1 Blitz-Ra : Mighty Blow
1 Blitz-Ra : Tackle
1 Thro-Ra : Block
1 Thro-Ra : Block

Should I get leader on a Thro-ra or block on the last Tomb Guardian? 3 rerolls should be enough but 20k for the skill is a bargain for khemri. Or should I get rid of a reroll and the FF and get leader on the Thro-Ra and trade in 2 more skeletons and foul everything in sight?

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2020 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Two rr and leader seems like a better trade to me for two extra players and boots galore.
 Jump to: