68 coaches online • Server time: 23:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2020 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

How about:

Cup Shock - Knock the holder out of one of the four majors

Rookie Hazing - Have a single player kill 3 journeymen/rookies in 1 game

Hallelujah - Score 3 Hail Mary Touchdowns in a single game

D.I.Y - Have only 1 player touch the ball in a single game

Hall of Fame - Have a player reach 500spp

All Pro - Have every player with the Pro skill

'Should have gone to Specsavers' - Foul 10 times or more in a game without the referee spotting the foul

(Goblin)'Kick them when they're down' Kill two players in one game, both by fouling.
Kam

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2020 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the top two causes of retirement among my trees are:

1) Playing against Carlo
2) Chainsaw action

So forgive me if I'm reluctant. Very Happy

(Kidding oc)

EDIT - About the reluctant part, not about the causes Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2020 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
ben_awesome wrote:
Based on the blog by MrCushtie: https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=MrCushtie&id=23291

I propose the Woodchipper badge = kill two(one?) treemen in a single game with a chainsaw

And a lumberjacks could have killed a treeman from Woodies, Halflings, and Old World Alliance. Could be a team badge even. No specific race.

Ahh that has me singing everyone's favorite song. "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok. I sleep all night. I work all day."

this
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2020 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
How about:

Cup Shock - Knock the holder out of one of the four majors

Rookie Hazing - Have a single player kill 3 journeymen/rookies in 1 game

Hallelujah - Score 3 Hail Mary Touchdowns in a single game

D.I.Y - Have only 1 player touch the ball in a single game

Hall of Fame - Have a player reach 500spp

All Pro - Have every player with the Pro skill

'Should have gone to Specsavers' - Foul 10 times or more in a game without the referee spotting the foul

(Goblin)'Kick them when they're down' Kill two players in one game, both by fouling.

this
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2020 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblin 'Good Clean Fun' - win a match without rostering any Secret Weapons or fouling

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2020 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely this one!

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2020 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Flings (easyish one): Steal 6 rerolls in one game.

Keep up with the good ideas, we're onto something. Very Happy

(And for reference I may also have some more good ideas in stock from a private discussion years ago with people such as akaRenton)

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2020 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

And while I'm at it (not sure I'll retain those but I also use this topic as a reminder):

- Ayrton Senna : Lose a Legend with Sprint and Sure Feet on a failed GFI (happened to me twice in 20 games or so Very Happy)

- Lose 3 Legends in 10 games (I've lost 4 recently Very Happy)

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2020 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

A generic I just thought of Big Wave: surf a character who started the turn 2 white lines away from the sideline they got surfed (for example surf someone out of an end zone that started the other side who of midfield or surf someone off the side who started in the wide zone)
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2020 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

there's a throw team mate badge for landing directly in the endzone.

My ogre punter, punted my snotling ICBM directly into the endzone.

I think he deserves a badge!

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4239607 (#humblebrag)
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2020 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

<<Bump>>
I haven't seen any suggestions yet for:
Black Orc
Imperial Nobility

and not nearly enough for Old World Alliance.

Kam wrote:
All that to say... The old badges won't change, but keep up with the good ideas, and if some of them need to be balanced, balance them with new, easier, ones!

Cheers.

I'm hoping you'll put out five badges per race again... some reused/updated from old ones. Old article stays there, and we can look upon it fondly and talk about old badges and retired legends with drinks of our choice.

Should be one page with the current badges we're all trying (or trying not to) earn. (I'm looking at you Nuffle!)

So, I'd love to to either see all the SMACK related badges retired (if SMACKS aren't happening anymore), or moved to their own category and not use up the precious five race badges. Smile

Amazons should probably get a new badge to replace "Pretty as a Picture". (This is BB2020. Time to enter the 21st Century.)

Orcs definitely need a replacement for "Star Quality".

razmus

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2021 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It's been a year. I think that's pretty patient. Wink

So, I've been playing with the badges. This isn't to take anything away from the older GLN or CRP badges... those lists of badges still exist, and I'll keep the links to those older lists near at hand. This is to give folks something to play for as we enter a new era of Blood Bowl... or at least new rules.

I know Kam wanted to balance all the badges, but the more I look at them the more convinced I am that reaching consensus on the relative difficulty of the various badges is gonna fall under the nearly impossible category. What I do think is possible is for folks to agree that some race or another really needs an easy badge, or some other race needs a really hard one. So, I like the goal of having six badges per race... but we lost one rance and have new races so there's space for lots of new badges.

For this next iteration, I didn't see any badge in the "Famous Teams" and "Smack Talk" categories worthy of including. I know I'm not one of the cool kids, so I could probably be talked into pulling the Famous Teams badges from the rubbish bin , but Smack Talk... did y'all really have conversations in IRQ like that back in the day? I did pull a bunch of ideas from this conversation. In BB2020, I do have fears about badges for particularly high SPP or legend status. I'm sure there will still be some floating around out there, but I think there's gonna be rarer. (But then, I'm a rubbish coach, just trying to make an improvement here... convince me I'm wrong if I am.)

Anyway, here's the link to the Draft list... https://fumbbl.com/note/razmus/Badges2020
Need some more ideas while I squeeze out some more graphics.
Are there some I shouldn't have axed?

And this is what's already done:
Badges added:
[Whole category for Box Trophy, with new skin name] - Suggested by Uber
[Whole category for Secret League] - razmus, just because
2000 Games - "Has won 2000 games." - because it's good to have goals.
5000 Games - "Has won 5000 games." - because it's good to have insane goals.
Die Die Die (Lucky) - "Kill the same player twice in one match." - suggested by steinerp
Stalker (Dark Elf) - "An opponents player dies on the dodge after failing to escape shadowing" - Suggested by Rbthma
oh no, not again (Unlucky) - Player killed twice in the same game (apo saved then killed again) - suggested by Swampserpent under the name "Resurrected to Die"
R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn (Crazy Skills) - Field a team with 8 tentacled players - Rbthma (considered renamed badge to 'Hentai Inspired')
Woodchipper (Player Award) - Kill a treeman with a chainsaw - ben_awesome, inspired by MrCushtie
Nosepicker (Snotlings) - Have a troll eat five of his own snots - suggested by Gnoblar
Rookie Hazing (Player Award) - Have a single player kill 3 journeymen/rookies in 1 game - The_Great_Gobbo
Hallelujah (Very Hard) - Score 3 Hail Mary Touchdowns in a single game - The_Great_Gobbo
Welcome to Flavortown (Halflings)- Steal six rerolls in one game - Kam
Defensive (Elf Union) - Field five players with the Defensive skill - suggested by razmus
Rotten to the Core (Nurgle) - Coach a team without Pestigors or Bloaters (Rotters and Rotspawn only) for 25 matches with a winning record - Rbthma
All Pro (Crazy Skills) - Have every player with the Pro skill - The_Great_Gobbo
You Shall Snot Pass (Snotlings) - Ten completions with a snotling - suggested by Gnoblar

Badges to be added:
Denied! - (Player Award) - Have A Player With 25 Deflections - razmus
Cup Shock (Very Hard) - Knock the incumbent out of one of the FUMBBL Majors - The_Great_Gobbo
<needs name> (Elf Union) - Kill an opponent with a foul without getting caught - suggested by steinerp
<needs name> (Elf Union) - Have a lineelf with 20 casualties - suggested by steinerp
Good Clean Fun (Goblin) - win a match without rostering any Secret Weapons or Fouling - MrCushtie
Frenetic - (Wood Elf) - Score a TD where the ball carrier moved at least their full movement and every move was a jump or leap - suggested by steinerp
<needs name> - (Wood Elf) - (replace Just Another Woodie)!?

Badges removed: (might find a way to add'em back in with different criteria.)
Skilled up - 5+ Players Gain Skill Rolls - Loses meaning when coaches can delay skill ups, and instead skills are bought.
Well Known - In Chat And Say Your Team Name With 5 \o/ - I think this is an IRQ holdover. Not a thing that happens anymore. (or perhaps I'm just not one of the cool kids.)
Awe and Wonder - Beat 5 Famous Teams - There might be five of these teams which still play. Maybe.
Shelved - Make An Opponent Retire A Team With >250 Games Played - Meh
Fan Factor - Have 50 Coaches Declare Themselves Fans Of Your Team - One of the more artificial
Punditry - Have Zen Master Blog Rater And Writer Awards - Might leave it in if I understood what it was.
Published - Have An Article In The GLN - There hasn't been a GLN published in my tenure at FUMBBL.
I Choose You - Nominate A Player At The Start Of A Match, Then Kill Them - The whole Smack Talk category is rubbish
Fixed MVP - State Exactly Who Will Score Your Hat-Trick - The whole Smack Talk category is rubbish
One Handed - State You Will Win 3-0 With No Cas Against - The whole Smack Talk category is rubbish
Its Mah Ball - State You Will Clear The Pitch - The whole Smack Talk category is rubbish
High Stakes - Win A "Loser Must Retire Team" Match - The whole Smack Talk category is rubbish
Popularity Contest - Have 3 Players With Fan Favourite - I can't find Fan Favorite in BB2020
[ B]loody Hard - Complete The Box Grid - Box and Ranked will be merging. May restore if there's a way track the grid of just random games.
Pretty as a Picture (Amazon) - Populate Your Team With Hot Women Pictures - It's time to enter the 21st Century
Buffed up (Amazon) - Hire Zara And Have Her Kill A Mummy - Zara retired.
Chucked up (Chorfs)- Have A Strong Arm And Accurate Big Guy With 20 CMPs - Chorfs don't have a big guy with a PA stat.
Unusual (Elf Union) - Get A 3000TV Elf Team - Seasons have ended the era of this level of bloat
Never Been Done (Elf Union) - Win An Elite Smack - Elite Smacks would have to be a thing. I don't even see INSTANT Smacks happening. One day maybe we'll get instant, microwave smacks... but an Elite Smack. Bah!
First! - Win A Legend Smack - Lots of Smack talk. No Smacks, certainly not a Legend Smack.
Star Quality (Orc) - Play A Game Having Hired 5 Stars - You can only hire two star players.
Wight Wash (Necro) - Get A TD, Cas And Cmp With Both Wights In The Same Game - Wights were replaced by No Hands Wraiths.
[All the SLANN badges went away] Sad

At risk: (may yet be retired.)
Just Another Woodie (Wood Elf) - Make A Larson With Jordell - Will we see that old elf return to the pitch?
Fire in the Hole (Chorf) - Score A TD With Zzharg Madeye's Blunderbuss - Did Zzharg run off with Jordell? Rumors fly.
Death Star (High Elf) - Hire Prince Morian And Get Him Killed - Seems this can only be done so many times, because apparently he doesn't take the pitch anymore?
My Precious (Underworld) - Win A Smack With Underworld - Will Smacks be a thing that happens?
Smack Talk (Undead) - Win A Smack Without The Count - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Mustn't Grumble (Dwarf) - Have A Team With 50 Games But No Retirements - Seasons may put an end to that.

Badge ideas still needed
3 for Amazon
6 for Black Orcs
1 for Chaos
2 for Chorfs
1 for Chaos Renegades
1 for Dwarf (There was a suggestion for Legend a Deathroller... but there's already one deathroller badge...)
1 for High Elf
6 for Imperial Nobility
1 for Lizardmen
2 for Necro
2 for Norse
1 for Ogre
6 for Old World Alliance
2 for Orc
1 for Undead
1 for Skaven
4 for Snotlings
1 for Khemri/Tomb Kings
1 for Underworld
1 for Vampire
<some> for whatever the box trophy becomes
<some> for Secret League

Requested feedback
Think Smacks are gonna happen going forward?
What level of difficulty should the new missing badges be filled in at?

Azur

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2021 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Some ideas, for any team:

- "come as you are" : going through an entire season without buying any skill. Buying new players is allowed.
- "we are family" : going through an entire season without buying any new player. In case of MNG/dead players, only journeymen are allowed.
- "who needs RRs?" : zero RR for the whole season. In case of a "you gain a RR" kick event, using this RR is forbidden. Same for the leader skill.
- "keep it stupid simple" : NO positional. Only linemen for the whole season.
- "So you wanna be a rock super star?" : manage to create a dopplegänger of an official Star player. Same skills, same attributes.
- "Small is beautiful" : a stunty team with NO big guy for the whole season.

To get those badges at the end of the season : your wins + draws must be equal or superior to your losses.
Azur

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2021 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

For Gobos:
"We come in peace" : win a game with NO secret weapon in your roster.
Azur

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2021 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

For Khemris:
"Don't call your mum(mies)" : win a game without any Tomb King in your roster.

For Black Orcs:
- "Green is the new black" : win a game without any Orc in your roster. But Varag is allowed Wink
 Jump to: