48 coaches online • Server time: 12:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

A FAQ should clarify that you can't use more than 1 team rr per turn.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
A FAQ shouldn't have to clarify that you can't use more than 1 team rr per turn.

Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, but designers are unable to write clear rules. Razz
Felix17

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

GW just being GW. All that time and effort, and always stupid mistakes, in all their rulesets.

Do you think they spend 3 years sitting round drinking, playing pool and painting models, then cram the rules development into a 7 day hell-week to meet their deadline?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

With Wild Inaccurate being more prevalent that Fumble, does that mean those players with Pass Block (now called On The Ball) will move towards the thrower rather than the receiver? haha
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Felix17 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

GW just being GW. All that time and effort, and always stupid mistakes, in all their rulesets.

Do you think they spend 3 years sitting round drinking, playing pool and painting models, then cram the rules development into a 7 day hell-week to meet their deadline?

Maybe, who knows. But getting the rules right isn't the top priority. The priority is to make everything shiny, shiny and sell a shit-ton of models.
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, it is true that new rules rules do not say about using multiple RRs on the same turn. The old "The coach may not use more than one Re-roll counter per turn" is gone...
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

that is an omission. it will be errata'd
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
that is an omission. it will be errata'd

I would imagine so too

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The deviation with the scatter for wildly inaccurate is stupid. I could live using the throw in marker. Of iI throw to the front, why should ist scatter to the back...
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

jurisch wrote:
The deviation with the scatter for wildly inaccurate is stupid. I could live using the throw in marker. Of iI throw to the front, why should ist scatter to the back...

Everyone agrees. Its baffling really. Hopefully throwing will be fixed when the new deathzone comes out

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it's a stupid rule indeed.
Also, another inconsistency is that PA 2+ and 1+ brackets lack the Inaccurate result (but they have WI, it should be the other way around, instead).
That is a clear sign of bad design, in theory every pass should have 4 possible outcomes (F, WI, I, A).
Maybe not the Quick range, but from Short range on there should be 4 outcomes for every PA.
jurisch

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion an unmarked player who throw the ball should perhaps never throw a "Wildly Inaccurate" result. All result at "0" or less or a natural "1" should then be a Fumble.

Only of the player is either Marked or suffer some other penalty should there be a risk for the Wildly Inaccurate result at a "1" or less result.

Although that might become too complex...
Traul

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2020 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

jurisch wrote:

Unfortunately that is not feasible. All deviations are aligned to the game grid so that the landing spot is always well-defined after deviating by any number of squares. That would not be the case for a throw-in template aligned to the direction of the pass which can be any kind of oblique. If you want to use the throw-in template, then the middle direction must be horizontal, vertical or diagonal.
 Jump to: