40 coaches online • Server time: 17:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lasgalen

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
Well we certainly seem to be veering off topic with this discussion.

I was looking at my cutting my Nurgle team down to 1350.
4 Bloaters; 2 Pestigor; 5 Rotters; 2 TRR
Skilled players Blodge, SH, +AG Pest and 3 Warriors with 2-5 skills each.

That is probably an alright season two team but not sure I would then bring them back for Season 3. For the local league this would be fine but there is no incentive to actually play the team again and again in a perpetual league.

Overall I am still looking forward to the new rules and it will be interesting to see if people do fine a way to make low value chaos work. Perhaps you can just hire the same 2-3 players for six season and murder everyone?

Sadly Dwarfs with random Str skills on Lino (just rehire those that get Guard) and a Runner who can hog SPP for Stat increase does look to be a power team for the new meta. I guess it is finally time to play them...

NO! DON'T THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT Crying or Very sad
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Lasgalen wrote:

What are the alternatives? Very Happy
Lasgalen

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
Lasgalen wrote:

have fun despite the meta?

they are making it harder i know, but... well... they never understood their own games XD
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

yes everyone play dwarves please Very Happy

Garion runs off and makes a pro elf and necromantic team, laughing maniacally as my high ma players destroy these slow dorf teams

Cool

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

There are nice minmaxing possibilities on a lot of teams. We are used to play with full positional rosters, but the need to keep developed players will cause that expensive positionals will be sometimes excluded.

That is another reason that will make throwers even less used that before Rolling Eyes
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Niessuh wrote:
There are nice minmaxing possibilities on a lot of teams. We are used to play with full positional rosters, but the need to keep developed players will cause that expensive positionals will be sometimes excluded.

That is another reason that will make throwers even less used that before Rolling Eyes

Yup. They've really gone to extraordinary lengths to destroy throwers.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Just got my rulebook yesterday and reading the passing rules.

If the result is Wildly Innacurate, and there is a player to resolve the Deflection/Interception metric, then that is resolved FIRST right? For Deflection, its -3 for Accurate, -2 for Innacurate and -1 for Wildly Innacurate. Therefore, the horrendous rule of "deviating" from the Thrower only applies if there is no Wildly Innacurate Deflection?

Eases it somewhat, but passing has still been nerfed, but I just want to check if I am reading that right?
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Just got my rulebook yesterday and reading the passing rules.

If the result is Wildly Innacurate, and there is a player to resolve the Deflection/Interception metric, then that is resolved FIRST right? For Deflection, its -3 for Accurate, -2 for Innacurate and -1 for Wildly Innacurate. Therefore, the horrendous rule of "deviating" from the Thrower only applies if there is no Wildly Innacurate Deflection?

Eases it somewhat, but passing has still been nerfed, but I just want to check if I am reading that right?

No you first check the deviation and then take the ruler to check if a player is eligible to intercept or deflect the ball. By moving the starting point over the thrower and the end point over the actual landing place. On page 50 it says
Please remember that the end point doesn't have to be the intended target space.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
Lasgalen wrote:

You can pray

Red pill, blue pill?

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Niessuh wrote:

Yup. They've really gone to extraordinary lengths to destroy throwers.

Some of the throwers got better, granted I think it is just humans, Skaven and Underworld who got better throwers and all of those teams already took a thrower for sure hands. I can see throwers still being taken for leader access in TV restricted tournaments and throwers taken in general later in the season as a bench player to help with shorter touchdown drives and then being cut during redrafting. Also, depending on how the new scheduler works I think I would be more likely to take throwers because the way current black box works I always minmax, but in league I play with 14/15 players, throwers, and big guys a lot more because I doesn't give me worse matchups by doing it.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If a Thrower is taken just as Leader caddy, something must be wrong with the rules.
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
If a Thrower is taken just as Leader caddy, something must be wrong with the rules.

That and for a bit easier two turn touchdown plays which will happen sometimes... but I agree there is a fundamental game design flaw.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 15:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Throwing in the new rules will obviously suck. A little bit more than it sucks now, but mostly it’s the same sucking that’s been slightly modified.

However, most Bb teams have to throw some of the time. It’s rarely the best option until it’s the only option. Non-thrower positions are now almost universally terrible at throwing, which means the thrower does have his niche. He’s the only player moderately capable of doing that thing you sometimes have to do.

I can see a lot of teams having a thrower on be bench for when they need a 2 turn score. And they will actually be used for throwing. The new rules may not have achieved their goal in the expected way (by making throwing less of a terrible option) but there’s a strong argument they did still manage to achieve it. Throwers now have a place on teams for actually throwing the ball.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Throwing in the new rules will obviously suck. A little bit more than it sucks now, but mostly it’s the same sucking that’s been slightly modified.

However, most Bb teams have to throw some of the time. It’s rarely the best option until it’s the only option. Non-thrower positions are now almost universally terrible at throwing, which means the thrower does have his niche. He’s the only player moderately capable of doing that thing you sometimes have to do.

I can see a lot of teams having a thrower on be bench for when they need a 2 turn score. And they will actually be used for throwing. The new rules may not have achieved their goal in the expected way (by making throwing less of a terrible option) but there’s a strong argument they did still manage to achieve it. Throwers now have a place on teams for actually throwing the ball.

MattDakka wrote:

There are throwers who are just leader caddies in CRP. The orc thrower does give you significantly better odds, even with animosity, of completing a pass over an orc lino, especially if there is a pickup involved in the sequence due to sure hands.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2020 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I know that there are Leader caddies in CRP, but the new rules didn't fix it.
CRP is not a good ruleset, so you should not consider it.
About the Orc Thrower: Blitzers are better ball carriers. MA 5 sucks.
 Jump to: