32 coaches online • Server time: 14:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2020 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This match - I'm (relatively) happy with the performance of my rats in the second half. although I could have done more to avoid getting sacked while holding onto the ball near the end.

What should I have done differently in the first half? Improvements to initial setup? Different target choice every turn? Or should I have just rolled Blitz on the kick off and taken the ball away? Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2020 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I am by no means the best Skaven coach but some thoughts on the first half:

- after the deep kick and getting the death roller away from the action, why not pressure the ball?

- it feels like you spent too many resources on the death roller. Fouling armour 10 is rarely a good idea and when you are using a positional to do so... I wouldn't have done it. So much risk for small reward chance.

- in turn 2, your horns gutter should be running away.

- Turn 4 - why did you invest multiple blocks on the s4 blitzer rather than pressuring the ball?

- Turn 5 - again why block the blitzer when you could put a tackle zone on the ball carrier or try the 2d uphill sack since the carrier doesn't have block

- general pointer is to keep your gutters away from the action but in range of a sack blitz to make the opponent think twice about coming after you with everything they have but it then protects your players more. If they come after you, they are leaving the ball carrier open. If they don't, your gutters survive long enough to threaten later.

Last edited by policeshades on Dec 16, 2020 - 21:55; edited 1 time in total
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2020 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Issue #1. You are setup too deep. Skaven is an attacking race.
Issue #2. You leave a gutter to be blitzed on t1. They are your stars
Issue #3. Ignore the tractor. Maybe you knock it over t1 or maybe you blitz the slayer. Otherwise let him eat a lino or box it in so it can't do anything important.
Issue #4. On t2...why is your deadliest player completely out of the play?????

General principles for Skaven include being aggressive in terms of getting after the ball.
On t2, your opponent double skulls and is wide open for pressure. I would have tied up some players and blitzed the guard beard in the middle of the field. He would have only had 2 players to respond in range and a complete mess to cleanup with 2 gutters in the backfield and probably 1 on the ball.

One you could have tagged w/ the untagged lineman. Making his frenzy option a 4+ to blitz. Leaving only a sure hands runner in range.

This turn was a mess and you could have won the game by proper execution.
 Jump to: