51 coaches online • Server time: 15:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Grasshugger17 wrote:
They have. The rules with a * are compulsory. Table page 74.

Yes. But. Chainsaw, for example is marked as compulsory. The old skill said, "A player armed with a chainsaw must attack with it instead of making a block as part of a Block or Blitz Action." The new skill says, "Instead of performing a Block action (on its own or as part of a Blitz action), this player may perform a 'Chainsaw Attack' Special action." So now the chainsaw action is a "may make" instead of "must attack with"... but the compulsory part is that if the chainsaw wielding character gets knocked down, they still have a +3 against their armor because they're still running around with a bloody lumberjack tool? Wink

Think it was intentional change or accidental?

The way it is written, you can block with a chainsaw player instead of the saw.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Ooh! And another change which might just impact Bombardier!

Foul Appearance once said it takes effect on "any opposing player that wants to block the player (or use a special attack that takes the place of a block)[...]"
The new Foul Appearance says "When an opposing player declares a Block action targeting this player (on its own or as part of a Blitz action) or any Special action that targets this player,[...]"

The definition for Special action uses Hypnotic Gaze as an example, and Bombardier specifically says it is a Special action as well. So now you have to overcome your horror of the appearance of the target to be able to attempt to kill it with fire. (Or to attempt to get it to stare deeply into your eyes!)

edit: It was pointed out to me in Facebook that passes no longer target players. Apparently ever. They always target squares instead... so bombardier doesn't target the player... it targets the square they are standing in, failing to trigger Foul Appearance.

If i was standing some distance away from an ugly creature and i had a bomb in my hand, I would be keen to throw my bomb at it, not avoid it! Laughing Laughing

In fact, maybe Foul Appearance should attract bombs! Bombadier needs to roll 2+ to avoid throwing a bomb at the nearest FA player within Short Pass range haha
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Grasshugger17 wrote:

Yes. But. Chainsaw, for example is marked as compulsory. The old skill said, "A player armed with a chainsaw must attack with it instead of making a block as part of a Block or Blitz Action." The new skill says, "Instead of performing a Block action (on its own or as part of a Blitz action), this player may perform a 'Chainsaw Attack' Special action." So now the chainsaw action is a "may make" instead of "must attack with"... but the compulsory part is that if the chainsaw wielding character gets knocked down, they still have a +3 against their armor because they're still running around with a bloody lumberjack tool? Wink

Hmm, how interesting. At this stage with all the inconsistencies knocking about it's hard to say. My gut says that it's a mistake and chainsaw should be compulsory, as it always was.

However, I could also see the reverse being true also. We'll just have to add it to the ever growing list, I guess.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Grasshugger17 wrote:
razmus wrote:
Grasshugger17 wrote:

Hmm, how interesting. At this stage with all the inconsistencies knocking about it's hard to say. My gut says that it's a mistake and chainsaw should be compulsory, as it always was.

However, I could also see the reverse being true also. We'll just have to add it to the ever growing list, I guess.

I think you are probably correct. But as it stands its a reversion to lrb4 chainsaw players being able to block. Iirc nobbla used to have frenzy.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Grasshugger17 wrote:
razmus wrote:
Grasshugger17 wrote:

I think you are probably correct. But as it stands its a reversion to lrb4 chainsaw players being able to block. Iirc nobbla used to have frenzy.

Yes, I could certainly see a situation where chainsaw isn't compulsory. Although I played 2nd edition, I then have a big gap, so I wasn't around for lrb4. I didn't know that chainsaws could block, but it seems reasonable.
Randobot

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2020 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Only a single player may perform a bomb action in a turn
This means there is very little point in having 2 bombers on the pitch at 1 time.

But I've heard tell that since it is not listed as being limited to one use per turn although it is true only one player may make a bomb action per turn that particular player may make unlimted bombings in a given turn until they elect to stop.

This is powerful enough that it may be worth having two bombers, in the event that one is out your chance of cleaing the pitch right quick is better with two.
 Jump to: