17 coaches online • Server time: 07:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is Pro in BB2020 a core skill like Block and Dodge?
Yes - Pro looks awesome!
37%
 37%  [ 33 ]
Nah, Pro is unreliable.
21%
 21%  [ 19 ]
Not sure, but I am willing to give it a try.
34%
 34%  [ 30 ]
I want nothing to do with BB2020...
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 88

PeteW

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2020 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have brawler and pro, can you use brawler to reroll the both down, and then use pro to reroll the other dice?

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2020 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. A dice can't be rerolled twice, and you can't use a team re-roll after Pro/Brawler use because you would have to reroll the complete dice pool and some dice in already had been rerolled, but you can reroll each dice separately thanks to Pro and Brawler.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2020 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:
Not directly related to Pro... but depending on how you read thing then you can't use the Dodge skill during a Blitz as it can explicitly only be used once per "team" turn when the player is activated. A Blitz is not your turn... neither can you use it if the player is moved as part of "On the Ball" to Interfere with a pass action either in that case.

I think this is just clumsy written and you probably can use it once every time the player is activated... problem is what constitute player activation?!?

WAIT, so if I roll a blitz on the kickoff and declare a blitz action my blitzer I cannot use the block skill when hitting someone because it isn't my turn?!?!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2020 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Randobot wrote:
WAIT, so if I roll a blitz on the kickoff and declare a blitz action my blitzer I cannot use the block skill when hitting someone because it isn't my turn?!?!
No, the wording is on the Dodge skill, which says it can be used once per team turn. Block has no such limitations, you can use it on your turn, and you can use it on the other guy's turn, over and over if that's how the dice go. So you can presumably use it on a Blitz! as well.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2020 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, that may be intended; if it's meant to be once per turn, then instead of doing a complicated thing similar to 'after dodge is used, then it may not be used again until the next time that player activates' (which isn't really clear, any attempt to make it even clearer would be longer and wordier), they may have just changed Dodge to be unuseable outside of the team turn on purpose.

BUT if they were going to do that, I would expect to see that on all skills that are useable once per turn (like pro or sure feet or break tackle). Since I don't think they've done that, then I believe CAB is right and it's just clumsily written without thinking of 'activations' outside of the teams turn.
Randobot

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2020 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Randobot wrote:
No, the wording is on the Dodge skill, which says it can be used once per team turn. Block has no such limitations, you can use it on your turn, and you can use it on the other guy's turn, over and over if that's how the dice go. So you can presumably use it on a Blitz! as well.

Got it, thanks for clearing that up for me! Smile
Randobot

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2020 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Actually, that may be intended; if it's meant to be once per turn, then instead of doing a complicated thing similar to 'after dodge is used, then it may not be used again until the next time that player activates' (which isn't really clear, any attempt to make it even clearer would be longer and wordier), they may have just changed Dodge to be unuseable outside of the team turn on purpose.

BUT if they were going to do that, I would expect to see that on all skills that are useable once per turn (like pro or sure feet or break tackle). Since I don't think they've done that, then I believe CAB is right and it's just clumsily written without thinking of 'activations' outside of the teams turn.

Makes sense, thank you. This must be the way.
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2020 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Going slightly off topic but are there any rules that are well written?
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2020 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

re: grasshugger

Any rules in bloodbowl, any rules by GW, or any rules in general?
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2020 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe they should try leaking the rules before they actually print the rulebook.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2021 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just been discussing and crunching the numbers on Pro, and have come to the conclusion that it's real strength comes not from the ability to re-roll a D6, but from the ability to re-roll a *single* block dice in a 2D block.

This allows you in most situations to re-roll a block dice as long as the second dice is not a skull, allowing you fish for more POW!s without having a chance of failure. And having zero chance of failure is king in BB.

The math looks like this:

For a 2 dice block where both players have the 'Block' skill, the numbers are:
Double Skull: 2.8%
Knockdown: 55:

If the blocker has Pro, the numbers become:
Double Skull: 1.4%
Knockdown: 65%

Which is a +10% knockdown chance and halves the failure rate.

This makes Pro a top pick for blockers, and probably a 'third skill' for most blocky types. Dwarf Blockers should pick Mighty Blow > Guard > Pro.

On Big guys it's even better, and should be the second doubles pick after Block.

Only Frenzy increases the knockdown chance more (but comes with a lot of drawbacks)
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Kransky wrote:
real strength comes not from the ability to re-roll a D6, but from the ability to re-roll a *single* block dice in a 2D block.

Thank you. That is good to know. It is certainly on my list of skills to keep when the player randomly gets it.
vpnblade

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2021 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

well
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2021 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:
Not directly related to Pro... but depending on how you read thing then you can't use the Dodge skill during a Blitz as it can explicitly only be used once per "team" turn when the player is activated. A Blitz is not your turn... neither can you use it if the player is moved as part of "On the Ball" to Interfere with a pass action either in that case.

I think this is just clumsy written and you probably can use it once every time the player is activated... problem is what constitute player activation?!?

When you BLITZ is is ABSOLUTELY your Turn... a BLITZ TURN... you are trying t read the rules as if it was a Life or Death Law IRL. It is not RL. This is a game for FUN and a BLITZ is an extra Turn added to the game when a Blitz result occurs.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2021 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a Blitz turn in BB16, LRB6, and earlier.

In BB20 it's d3+3 players moving as a kickoff event, one of whom may blitz, and one TTM. It's no more a team turn than Quick Snap or Solid Defence is.