48 coaches online • Server time: 00:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VillainousIntent

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

From reading posts on here I thought that SPP you earned would go into pool and could spend teamwide as you wish.

But after reading rules its a Per character pool. As in you can save that linemans spp to get a stat increase, but the lineman had to earn those SPP.

I don't understand why people are reacting so badly? I could just be dumb, nay I a probably am dumb.
lethalkid

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly like the changes to blood bowl, hopefully it will bring more coaches in. Although I am slightly concerned just because I have heard so many people bashing on it, and I have not done much season play since it came out.
Natetehaggresar

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't play as much as I'd like (two young kids, work and all).

I think a lot of it is the change monster, people who play bloodbow and on FUMBBL, like bloodbowl (2016) and FUMBBL, so significant changes to BloodBolw (2020) and FUMBBL mess with what people know and like.

I know personally I am down on a lot of changes, I feel like Nurgle is my spirit bloodbowl team, having played through a lot of short leagues with thier very poor starting roster, with the hope of one day playing a levelled up team. A lof of things piled on to make that more painful, agility nerf to rotters, nerf to tentacles, redraft limits etc.

I am sure other people feel the same way about their own pet teams. That said I am willing to give it a go, and the change monsters come around to mess with a lot of things, so hopefully in the end it will be somewhat equitable, passings been nerfed, non throwers, even elves can't throw etc.

I kinda feel like the direction of the new edition is to try to make the game a bit more dynamic. As much as I love BB2016, the emphasis was highly on risk mitigation, some of the changes in the new edition seem to be designed towards making wacky wild play more palatable. (jump, multiple rerolls in a turn, improved pro which makes everything possibily better maybe..., maybe eventually stalling penalties to go along with "stalling")

I mean I understand why people are down about things, but I am hopeful that myself and everyone else learns to love the new blood bowl too.

Oh and to address SPPs. I think people will miss being able to direct SPPs to feed them to good positional or people who are near levelling, people could make highly optimized teams with mook line men to fill space with tackle zones, and good positinoals to score/etc. Spreading SPP around will slow positional's progression markedly, i.e. bloaters won't quickly skill after 1 cas and and MVP (which they have a 33% chance to get under 2016 rules).

So it will force people to either level un-optimal line men to use skills, or force people to waste SPP by firing linemen who are "not worth the TV." Though I am actually a little happy about this change, as having people consider building a team with skilled linemen sounds more interesting than min/maxed mook linemen + positionals with skills.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a good change. As far as I can tell.

That being said, for the new rules in general: Any other version of BB has been broken. Except for the last one we used.

If ain't broken, don't fix it.
stej

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2021 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The new SPP system offers more control for the individual player when they get the SPP of what skills to take, but less control over who actually gets the skills.
For certain teams, this looks problematic (i.e. those that really need skilled positionals).
Coupled with redraft, I feel it adds a new random layer to team building whilst removing another random layer
 Jump to: