76 coaches online • Server time: 21:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KrokBlock

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2021 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizards love re-rolls as they don't have block but I'd still go for the Krox + 6 Saurii + 4 skinks and build from there. As you earn £££ buy re-rolls and skill up your Saurus with block asap.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2021 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
On top of that, as far as I can tell, the in-game effect of Dedicated Fans (and the Fan Factor it leads to) is fairly minor in this edition. The kick-off table has been greatly nerfed, and fan factor no longer affects the "Cheering Fans" or "Brilliant Coaching" result, while the new "Officious Ref" and "Pitch Invasion" are far milder than previous.

Not really looked at it in detail to find the sweet spot. If you did the max 50k for +5 = 6 DF then even if you lost every game and it went down your extra winners wound be 25k,20,15k which means at the end of the third game you are ahead.

30k for +3 DF is the break even where you can never come out behind. Even if it reduces every game you still get 15,10,5 = 30k back. A single draw or win in your first three games and you end up ahead.

If you only purchased +1 DF you get an extra 5k but have a 1/6 chance of losing it and thus having lost out on the investment.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2021 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely take 6 Saurii and the Krox to start! Yes you must be wary of the lack of block skill and rerolls, but that strength will really cause opposition problems.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2021 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

6 Saurus to start for me too, I would add a Chameleon 4 skinks & 2 rr. You will get 1 free dedicated fan in 2020 & its probably worth buying 1 more at least.

That said until we start playing 2020 rules who can say for sure?

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2021 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyrus-Havoc wrote:

You can do the statistical analysis for Dedicated Fans but not sure if you were meaning that or staring with a Krox vs second re-roll?

I think I would take the second TRR but I can see the Magnificent Seven being a good build as well if you are prepared to eat a few bad blocks during the game.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2021 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Not my podcast, but I listened to this yesterday and they discuss (amongst other things) Lizardmen

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Iut0af2bkvdx4iW09qgKB?si=DF4dfA8DQZSKyov_cpjAlA
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2021 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
Cyrus-Havoc wrote:

You can do the statistical analysis for Dedicated Fans but not sure if you were meaning that or staring with a Krox vs second re-roll?

I think I would take the second TRR but I can see the Magnificent Seven being a good build as well if you are prepared to eat a few bad blocks during the game.

Just thinking about the overall team selection.