48 coaches online • Server time: 14:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2021 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

4 Gutters is 340. 2 blitzers is 180. A thrower is 85. 6 linerats is 300. That is 13 players. An apo is 50. 2 rerolls is 100 and would get you to 1055. Indeed not a great sounding total for 1100TV match. You could drop a gutter and a linerat to go back down to 920. Then check out stars? Though from your first post do you mean stars not allowed? If stars not allowed then maybe drop either the thrower or the 4th GR so you don't effectively waste as much of your budget. And take a sure hands skill upgrade. I agree that it is easiest to drop the thrower now he has become quite pricey.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2021 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

please note that the un-even 5k also affects your opponent's inducements. So if you hire 1 thrower it basically effectively costs 5k less, because your opponent can never ever spend that 5k on inducements anyway. This leads to the conclusion that 1 thrower costs 80k but the second thrower costs 90k and should never be hired.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2021 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

There is Game Theory that says having 1 of something makes it a Target.

Based on that theory your answer is to choose 2 Throwers or Zero Throwers.

I am not as much of a Skaven Coach or an Elf Coach as I am a Humans Coach.
I have tried nearly every configuration of players for a Human team.
Being able to split the field with 2 Throwers with Sure Hands early on is fairly good for being able to Pick Up the Ball when you find the way to pop it loose on Defense and then distribute it to a Catcher for the quick score (or securing of the ball via distance).

AG3 + RR Skill is better than AG4 without RR Skill (at least it is pre-2020 rules idk the changes really).

But of course Elves have so much AG4 and Skaven have better speed with their Throwers and Gutter (who also bring AG4 to the game). So... maybe Throwers are not needed.

I am just trying to say that having 2 Throwers balancing the field with Sure Hands can be a very effective tactic to turn a lucky hit on the ball into a TOUCHDOWN in a hurry when you can make it work.

Last edited by Catalyst32 on Mar 18, 2021 - 21:08; edited 1 time in total
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2021 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Medon wrote:
please note that the un-even 5k also affects your opponent's inducements. So if you hire 1 thrower it basically effectively costs 5k less, because your opponent can never ever spend that 5k on inducements anyway. This leads to the conclusion that 1 thrower costs 80k but the second thrower costs 90k and should never be hired.

Good point, though not an issue for fixed tv resurrection tournaments.
Also your opponent may have 5k increment players too.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2021 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
4 Gutters is 340. 2 blitzers is 180. A thrower is 85. 6 linerats is 300. That is 13 players. An apo is 50. 2 rerolls is 100 and would get you to 1055. Indeed not a great sounding total for 1100TV match. You could drop a gutter and a linerat to go back down to 920. Then check out stars? Though from your first post do you mean stars not allowed? If stars not allowed then maybe drop either the thrower or the 4th GR so you don't effectively waste as much of your budget. And take a sure hands skill upgrade. I agree that it is easiest to drop the thrower now he has become quite pricey.

So my 1100 Skaven team would be:

Glart
Thrower
4 x GR
2 x Blitzers

And either 4 Linerats and 2 Rerolls or 5 Linerats and 1 Reroll. Should be exactly 1100 GPS.

Assuming no stars then:

ROgre
2 x Thrower
4 x GR
Blitzer
4 x Linerats
2 x Reroll
Apo

The second thrower is most likely redundant and whilst I hate to lose the second Blitzer this fills out the team to exactly 1100GPS whilst retaining some Str in the ROgre and maximising the trade-off between the number of Rerolls and players.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2021 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Heroic_Tackle wrote:
There was a Team on BB2 named Make Throwers Great Again. It had, of course, two Throwers. Razz

Never-never question the Gray Seers!

Was one called Biden and the other Kamala by any chance?
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2021 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I would always go with 2 throwers on Elf Union in Naf style tournaments in 2016 rules as you get pass for 10k.
In 2020 might need a re-think as they are now 75K & Blitzers 115k which adds 20k to the team cost. But I like throwers so would either drop the apoth or go with 11 players only.

Won a tournament with these https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1018344 last month.
2 Catchers dodge 2 with block, 1 blitzer Tackle one mighty blow, thrower with leader.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2021 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep those combos sound better Cerberus.
Well done on the win Cyrus! Sensible skill choices too. Was that with 2020 rules then?

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Yep those combos sound better Cerberus.
Well done on the win Cyrus! Sensible skill choices too. Was that with 2020 rules then?

No it was on Fumbbl so 2016, & thanks Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2021 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

One solution for teams that are 5k or 10k short, some tournaments allow some of the budget for skill upgrades for building the roster. Say, Skaven get 115 TV for buying players, re-rolls, etc. In addition they get 130k to buy skills. That way they can get six primary skills and put the remaining 10k to increase the 115 TV. I really like this. Sure, you lose a Secondary that way but at least you have the option to compensate for the little 5k increases.
 Jump to: