32 coaches online • Server time: 12:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: May 10, 2021 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, vampires have the potential to be so much fun. The doom and gloom reaction is unwarranted.

Anyone who thinks you're gonna lose more thralls than with BL, needs to do some calculations.

here's a few thoughts from a while back
https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Java&id=23425

Post   Posted: May 10, 2021 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that needs to be kept in mind is the potential for long term harm from AS, AV9+ Even with regen could turn into a lasting injury on a bad day, while BL could never result in anything worse than BH.

I personally hate being punished for taking MB, but I know it was not a normal pick for vamps.

People are defo over reacting, but vamps are still not in a great place, I’d give the vamps MA7 to give them a bit more pitch presence now they are not tied down to the speed of the thralls when advancing.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 10, 2021 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires need some development. They need Blodge and Pro, and benefit a lot from having stat freaks. Since BB2020 cuts the development of many players after 15 games they don't seem to be better.
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: May 11, 2021 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Vampires need some development. They need Blodge and Pro, and benefit a lot from having stat freaks. Since BB2020 cuts the development of many players after 15 games they don't seem to be better.

You get 1 milion + 10k per each played game + 10k per each touchdown.

So if you play 15 games in a season, you should have 150k from that alone, nevermind extra money from touchdowns.

Considering that Vampires get primary access to Agility, General and Strength, you should be able to re-draft at least 3 fully-skilled Vampires.

What sucks is Passing being secondary access and 3+ PA for Vampires, meaning passing is going to be riskier than it was most likely require that team re-rolll.
stej

Post   Posted: May 11, 2021 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

But, redraft cap
koadah

Post   Posted: May 11, 2021 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't think that we were getting the 10k per touchdown.
It would be a good option though.

Fortunately, the 1350 cap only applies to the Competitive division.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2021 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

OK. I went over the official rules again:

1. You get million + 20k for each game played (both league and friendly) + 20k for each win (or 10k for each draw). 10k money for touchdown comes in match winnings, so I got that mixed up.

2. The cap may be set at 1300 TV by league commissioners, so it's not mandatory.

Even with the cap you can redraft your star players (read: Vampires) without too many problems. 3 primary skills are worth 60k. Add 20k for playing in the previous season. You can re-draft 3 fully-skilled Vampires and you have 60k left for a 4th Vampire with 2 skills or something else.

Honestly, that's not too bad.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 11, 2021 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I was considering Christer's Season Redraft settings:

- 15 games per season
- Re-drafting budget of 1,000k + 10k per game + 10k per win + 5k per tie + team treasury
- Re-drafting hard cap of 1,350k

skilling Vampires up is harder without nominating the MVP and farming SPPs through Completions is riskier. That doesn't help them either.
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: May 13, 2021 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Still, I think being able to re-draft 3 skilled Vampires per season is pretty good. Yes, MVP is random and it's harder to pass (3+ now, instead of 2+), but overall I doubt re-drafting will be as decimating to Vampire teams as some people seem to think.

In fact, I would argue that you want some fresh Vampires on your team at some point (2 or 3), because you can't keep re-drafting your star players forever due to the increasing costs. Doing so will be viable for 2-3 seasons.

Random MVP and harder passes could encourage scoring more touchdowns (meaning more SPP gained that way). Which is something that Vampires did anyway, because they tended to run out of steam the longer the match went.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: May 13, 2021 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably worth turning them into a fouling team with the new rules, good synergy in being bunched up around a prone opponent and having easy access to the 2 best skills in the game, sneaky git and dirty player.
rangey

Post   Posted: May 14, 2021 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all you keyboard warriors!

To those of you who have tried vampires under BB2020: I value your input.

To all the rest of you who have dribbled your opinions onto the webz: please, for the love of Pete, go and try them BEFORE you spout.

Vampires suck. Literally and figuratively - pun intended.
They suck diseased camel's wang at best.

Animal Savagery could not imho ever have been playtested by anyone for more than say, 10 seconds. It has nerfed any piece with AS into last week. The fear of placing an AS player anywhere near another team-mate now makes a vamp cage untenable.

The damage caused (yes, the victim has to be standing) to your own team is slightly less than before (armour then injury vs straight-to-injury) but the loss of TZ AS WELL if there's no-one near? Please.

Vamps were bad enough before, they are in their own special tier now. Round about Tier 28.

And yes, this from someone who HAS played them both before and after BB2020.

Happy day.
rangey

Post   Posted: May 14, 2021 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Probably worth turning them into a fouling team with the new rules, good synergy in being bunched up around a prone opponent and having easy access to the 2 best skills in the game, sneaky git and dirty player.

This.

Thrall only team, and take those star players.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: May 15, 2021 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

There is so much that I don't know about the new rules, but I have checked out a reasonable amount of it to get the idea of how things will all play out but it's going to be more about team management than getting lucky stat rolls and/or doubles

I think that the Vampire squad will be a strong Strength team and a solid Ball Hawk team ..but more leaping than gazing now.

Even if you have a Vampire team now with pretty* vampires, you're not going to keep them for very many seasons ..you're going to have to come up with a system for developing your team
Some of my thoughts (for now):
-For each Vampire, you just bank SPP until you get a random stat, which can be used accordingly due to the versatility of the Vampire (GAS access) and then skill them up based on their stat
-Since you now have the option to attack more than just fragile thralls, the other teams will struggle to manage the pitch that they usually just mash as many thralls as possible each turn anyway HOPING the Vampires bloodlust and have nobody to bite.
-You Probably only really need two blitzer types but the other vampires can do more of a meat shield role than they have traditionally. This is where randomly getting +AV can then get BLock, Thick Skull
-110K is an Especially great value since +ST changed to 80K. There probably wont be as many teams able to keep multiple +ST ups on their squad which puts Vampires close to the top when it comes to 4 or more Strength players on the pitch
-Thralls should probably start the drive off with the ball and only really need sure hands. you should be able to maintain a decent cage for a few turns and then hand off to a Vampire who can just blitz into the endzone
-15 games isn't really that long to invest SPP into and with the random MVP, any random general skill can be useful for a thrall ..even diving catch, cause then you become AS (Animal Savagery) fodder
-Don't forget that even though they are a 6MA team, they can stretch the field better than most teams because of the vampires only needing a 3+ to pass

Bellenrode

Post   Posted: May 15, 2021 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
-For each Vampire, you just bank SPP until you get a random stat, which can be used accordingly due to the versatility of the Vampire (GAS access) and then skill them up based on their stat

Taking a random stat upgrade requires 18 SPP. 18 SPP is enough to select 3 primary skills, meaning you can get a Vampire with Dodge + Block + Pro by that point.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: May 15, 2021 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
gamelsetlmatch wrote:

Taking a random stat upgrade requires 18 SPP. 18 SPP is enough to select 3 primary skills, meaning you can get a Vampire with Dodge + Block + Pro by that point.

I am just not sure being in a rush to skill up is the best plan sometimes

Jump to: