42 coaches online • Server time: 15:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I just made a double on my pink Horror and I was wondering wether I should go for the classic Dodge, or try to increase the likeliness of successfully throwing my blue horrors. Then I realize I have no idea wether Accurate, Hail Mary Pass, Nerves of Steel or, obvioulsy pass work on throwing team mates. I have no idea if throwing team mate is considered "a pass".

I believe no, but I'm not sure. Does any of you know?
neuro_

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm not totally sure, but i think so- treemen have Strong Arm and i know that helps. I'd take pass if you throw them really often, or accurate if not. Hail Mary Pass can't be used with TTM
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Strong harm helps a lot (the roll becomes 2+), but there is no need to roll a double to take it.

I do throw team mates quite often. I even believe it's a viable strategy with tzentch daemons Wink Anyway, it's a fun one.
Jayward

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

This was clarified in the latest FAQ:

"Q: Can any of the Passing skills that are used when performing
a Pass action also be used when performing a Throw Teammate action? (p.79)
A: No."
Chivite

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

no nerves of steel trees will make skyblue monty sad
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

CRP rules: passing skills will work (not HMP, as only quick or short pass may be attempted).

BB2020 rules: no passing skills may be used anymore with TTM. Strong Arm is a strength skill and is available only for TTM, not regular pass.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Stimme wrote:
CRP rules: passing skills will work (not HMP, as only quick or short pass may be attempted).

BB2020 rules: no passing skills may be used anymore with TTM. Strong Arm is a strength skill and is available only for TTM, not regular pass.

So pass would have worked as long as BB2020 rules are not implemented yet?

Too bad, I already took a very classic Dodge.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You can kindly ask an admin to change the skill you chose.
Send them a ticket:

https://fumbbl.com/p/support

or contact them on Discord.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

So no strong-arm + accurate throwers with the new ruleset? They make it really hard to create a passing game at all - and that despite the current ruleset made most play running drives rather then passing drives already.
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
So no strong-arm + accurate throwers with the new ruleset? They make it really hard to create a passing game at all - and that despite the current ruleset made most play running drives rather then passing drives already.

A lot of throwers became much better (e.g. Human and Skaven throwers pass on a 2+ now). That being said, passing became more dicey and the worst case scenarios are horrifying now.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I suspect there will be 2 kinds of Throwers:

- Short range Throwers (Quick-Short Ranges) with PA 3+ or 4+, taking Accurate (+1 to Quick and Short);

- Long range Throwers (Long-Long Bomb Ranges) with PA 2+ or 1+, taking Cannoneer (+1 to Long and Long Bomb).

Considering the season rule and Wildly Inaccurate, though, I don't think many people will bother developing a Thrower.
Probably they will be used as Leader caddies and to have a decent emergency pass option.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2021 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
You can kindly ask an admin to change the skill you chose.
Send them a ticket:

https://fumbbl.com/p/support

or contact them on Discord.

I already played a game with the player and don't know when the new ruleset will be implemented. I4m not sure it's worth it.
 Jump to: