49 coaches online • Server time: 23:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mingoose

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2021 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
Mingoose wrote:
Why would Gobbos be worse than flings?

Look up cKnoor's video on YouTube called "BB Super League Season 2 - Week 3 vs Elyod's Haflings".

In short - inducements.

How would a flings vs gobbos matchup end with 800+ TV in inducements? That seems insane. I guess I need to watch the video.
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2021 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Mingoose wrote:
How would a flings vs gobbos matchup end with 800+ TV in inducements? That seems insane. I guess I need to watch the video.

It's Halflings vs Skavens.

As for why - I am guessing the Halflings coach dumps any players with skills to have money for inducements, while Skavens level up normally (as per tournament rules).
moph

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2021 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

BB super league is resurrection format as far as i know,that means no level ups and team development, no permanent injuries etc. Elyods build of his fling team left 800+ TV in inducements for the starplayers and the master chef.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2021 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Playing Halflings with four guaranteed ST 6+ every game in a resurrection environment is not like playing Halflings in a perpetual MM division without inducements.
That's playing 4 Big Guys + some Halflings around, not really playing Halflings.

It would have been nice to give Goblins 2 rostered bribes, by the way, and Halflings a rostered Master Chef.
Stunty teams deserve some buffs.
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2021 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Playing Halflings with four guaranteed ST 6+ every game in a resurrection environment is not like playing Halflings in a perpetual MM division without inducements. That's playing 4 Big Guys + some Halflings around, not really playing Halflings.

True, but somebody mentioned Goblins doing worse than Halflings in tournament format and then another person asked why, so I brought up that particular game as a good visual example to explain why.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2021 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Playing Halflings with four guaranteed ST 6+ every game in a resurrection environment is not like playing Halflings in a perpetual MM division without inducements.
That's playing 4 Big Guys + some Halflings around, not really playing Halflings.

Sounds kinda real to me. After all organised resurrection environments used to keep this game alive and exist probably for a century or more now. So these team builds are as real as a boxy perpetual team, which in some way was always the most unreal version, but just a gud fix for addicts. But let's be really real, Halflings are not the topic here anyway.

It will be a shame to have no more Ripper for Goblins, somehow Doomdiver is becoming just a gimmick while Pogoers keep their strengths. Also removing Guard from the fanatics is a sad decision.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2021 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
Mingoose wrote:
Why would Gobbos be worse than flings?

Look up cKnoor's video on YouTube called "BB Super League Season 2 - Week 3 vs Elyod's Haflings".

In short - inducements. Halflings got Master Chef, Deeproot Strongbranch and Morg'n'Thorg.

This means the ability to steal re-rolls from the other team (on top of gaining them yourself) and 4 Mighty Blow players that are difficult to remove but can remove opposing players.

Whereas Goblins have players that are removed when touchdown is scored and are highly prone to self-sabotage. Yes, they are interesting, but also less reliable because of it.

This doesn't mean that goblins are worse than halflings though - just that a goblins vs halflings match-up isn't necessarily in the advantage of goblins. Like, amazons get obliterated by dwarfs, but it doesn't mean that they are one of the best teams at low TV.

But yeah, goblins have the worst average winrate of any team on FUMBBL and on NAF tournaments.

That's why I very much doubt that even with a few buffs they will suddenly go up a tier. Maybe they'll be slightly more competitive and on par with other stunties now...
 Jump to: