39 coaches online • Server time: 14:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Trickey

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2021 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Sucker Cup Preview:

(The Sucker cup itself)

Well Donald my man in your last act before you are extradited from these here mortal realms it is your time to cast your eye over the Sucker cup the most prized of Osbbl possessions that sees the legends of yesteryear swing in to beat down on the young spritely teams. This the magnificent seventh Sucker cup Is potentially the most star studded we have ever seen. Donald, I look forward to your thoughts.

Image Troutmask replica: Something smells rotten about this shower I tell you Snake, they claim to be the greatest ever Nautican side to be in the Osbbl, but no silverware, not even a Mullet in their trophy cabinet. This team though they have the legs to put any squad under pressure I think most coaches would rub their hands together if they saw this shower turn up. Kill a crester and they will gift you it’s face rumour has it. Moonlight on Vermont is their most senior crester and in need of a face lift he is their danger man or thing.

Image Putrid Proud: Robbed, Glory stolen out of our hands we were to be the champions It was written, though that is the past and we mustn't dwell. The Proud Putrid crowd will go deep in this competition again despite missing my swinging edge. You can count on a semi final as long as the draw is kind to them. Leopold is my old mucker and he really pulls the strings these days. I strongly believe that he will steer them to glory but maybe not this time.

ImageTrembling Tree huggers: The vegan fed Kurnous have been in the wilderness for some time now after a forgettable one off appearance in the league this shower on wild animals forced on to an experimental diet to try and get results led by the wicked and unusual coaching team had lots of promise but failed to eat liver. They did however develop a bit of a passing game and many of us still remember their 5-1 victory over the Troutmask one of the biggest whippings to be seen since the Delicious Heresy were in town so we know they can play. I predict a fall at the second hurdle for these fellas. Though with Extreme Nut Allergy and Anaphylactic shock you are sure to get some results.

ImageBanda Sagrada de Magritta: A near perfect season for the design champions who were a last minute return to the league. They have cut formidable figures this season though they have not brought the bash they certainly know their way to the their way over the white wash and are easily the most free scoring team this season. Captain Juan Diego Estevez went on the record saying that this is their season. They have come close to the Sucker Cup before and will certainly look to get their mitts firmly on the Sucker cup and they are one of the teams looking to try and take the double this season that has eluded any squads.

ImageDSR: The Dirty Stinking Rats with more Mullets than a night out in Balclutha the season 5 and 6 Mullet champions are rash like. They are squishy though and have also filled the chum buckets that Silky pays off the Stormfels with. These Rats can score from anywhere. Kenshin’s days of stardom may be behind him and Kidomaru III looks like the new rat on the block. Anything short of the Quarter Finals would be upsetting and expect these Rats to keep squads on their toes.

ImagePunishing Wounders: Trolls this unlikely squad found its way into the playoffs in their only season having proved themselves formidable opponents when they are not eating Snotlings or picking their nose. They will be but a road bump for most opposition in the first round but many a squad could be tipped off the course for glory by this squad. Though Duncan is a personal fan favourite it is Keith who buries the dead in the river usually. If they get through the first round they have probably played the Trout mask.

ImageDelicious Heresy: They are back and having another crack at the Sucker cup. These deviants have under and over performed and it has long been mooted that they are only really here for the aftermath of the game. Certainly the good people of the deserted Isles prefer them on the pitch than off it. “Best to keep their hands full”, one startled local said. The Heresy will be looking to cruise to the semifinals yet again and I can’t see anyone but themselves getting in the way of that. The Omnipresent under performer Tom Thudercock is the one everyone has their eyes on but he will miss the opener so once again all hopes are pinned (potentially) on the Banjojazzler the daemonette is an allrounder and terrifies the opposition.

ImageDown Under Thunder: The greatest Squig team of all time, but let us be honest there has not been much in terms of competition and greatness is only measured by them missing out on a Sword playoff and avoiding the Mullet. They have upset many coaches and have enough in their arsenal to truly terrify a team as long as they do not eat themselves. Spare a thought for the herders, it is the hardest job in all of Osbbl. Bonnie-Scottie is their go to hopper and no doubt this duo will make an impact on the Sucker cup in one way or another. In this pundits opinion a brave exit at the first hurdle possibly in over time though.

Image(The) Cheese Eating Blender monkey: Osbbl biggest Bashers are here for Osbbls biggest bash. The crowd, the undertakers and the Chum bucket fillers are all very excited to see these beasts return. The Holders of the Osbbl blender for the most casualties in an open season. The Monkees are here for one thing and one thing only Blood and doubtless they will find it. Success well if the slaves stay alive which is a rarity they may remove enough players to sneak a victory. Second round may result in their exit though.

ImageGamma Knife: The Originals the first ever division champions and to say they were still bitter about not being handed the Sword after a near flawless season. The Gamma Knife disappeared and reimagere in season 7 with a point to prove. With more knives in their pocket than an underpaid ref would be bothered to check these highly trained assassins will put the fear of Nuffle into any team fortunate enough to draw them. I would bet on these at least making the final if not taking it out. Everyone will be looking forward to seeing Rattlesnake the Executioner back in action.

ImageKhalliah: The first ever squad to come from the legendary Cibbl to Osbbl. Though they have enjoyed a mixed season they certainly can play some ball. The Sultan of Qanas has not fully made the impression expected of him in the league season. Could this unlikely crew be the first Tentacle Smack Winners to take the Sucker cup?

ImageAll up in yer Swayze: All up in yer Swayze a team of Legend they went a whole season unbeaten and waltzed into the Semi finals. Unfortunately it is said the squad caught a glimpse of themselves in the mirror pre match and spent the duration of the scheduled game time playing with their hair. But time goes on and they hunger for glory. Semi finalists are again written all over the dashing young Squad. Ghost took almost every award Osbbl had to offer and he is the face to watch.

ImageBloodless Legion (wild card): When one Necrah side flee you can count on another turning up. And this season's wild card is the Bloodless Legion; they swoop into this competition as relative unknowns and will embrace the underdog card. Can they skip past the first round well with Silky throwing his purse strings behind them. What are the odds of a marquee star like Ramtut or Count Luther or a bit of magical assistance? Duke Handsome is the head turner of this squad and once he sets his eyes on you it is hard to break his stare. I doubt they will get past the first round.

ImageRum rebellion: This shower came to Osbbl to cause havoc and they have done nothing but since they arrived. They truly now look like a skeleton crew but Kraken Black is the man with the plan and I am sure he will steer them past the first round of games. Will they go further than that? I would not bet your last barrel of Rum on it.

ImageBoop Snoot Danger Noodles: A squad that appeared right at the end of season 7 these Snakes managed to avoid the Mullet and keep their chins up. Duly they decided to come and mix it with the hoi polloi of Osbbl royalty. This Squad is still youthful and hopefully they can mix their youth and exuberance into some kind of form. With Mr Wiggles and Lady Nope Rope missing the opener the pressure will be on Scales to perform.

ImageMiras Maurduers: Finally from the long list of who's who of the Osbbl Miras Maurduers these Valkyries have had a solid season and are another side that fancy their chances at the double. They certainly have the personnel to do so. Adala Ebner has been voted Valkyrie least likely to suffer a fool and they will be counting on her as they look to go all the way in the competition.

Well Thanks ever so much Donald for an insightful and interesting look at the competition that will kick off shortly after the Sword is decided. It looks to be the most exciting Sucker cup yet so enjoy forks.

Mascara Snake out.
 Jump to: