43 coaches online • Server time: 18:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
argos_72

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2021 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

BeanBelly wrote:
@argos_72 I really like how you are thinking about Netiquette. Only thing I'd add is that you can only really make guidelines for yourself. I have have a similar promise written on my'About' page "I'll always congratulate you on your scores." And I always do no matter how I feel. Hopefully the opposition coach appreciates the 'congrats' and at the very least it buys me a calm moment to regroup my thoughts.

I agree.
I certainly do not claim that these should be fixed rules for everyone. The important thing is to be able to set a good example, especially if you are an 'experienced' coach.
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2021 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that’s a great attitude

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2021 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
As much as I dislike it, the TIME-OUT button is there to be used by 15 year olds, or the ultra competitive as they see fit. Thoughts towards the time-out button depend on the head space a particular coach is in. Thinking another coach should be in a similar head-space as you is a flaw in reasoning.. one I make quite often.

I would disagree. I only play in private leauge, not on the competitive side but more for the roleplaying aspect of the game. We timeout regularly. The timeout i think enforces the simulation aspect of the game. It is sport- you have to make decisions by instinct, fast and not calculate statistics.
But i completely understand that most of you have more fun in planning out the turns.
In LRB6 the timeout was clearly stated in the rule as a turnover not as an option for the opposite coach to declare.
What do the actual BB2020 rules state about the time limit? (Can't access my copy right now).

On the other hand, on tabletop we never forced a turnover or re-roll for forgetting to move the turn marker.

(sorry for derailing the thread)
(edit grammar)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2021 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I don't like playing without a turn limit in a competitive match, in private league could be nice not to time out IF somebody plays a tier 3 team or Vampires (or at least not enforce it once).
While it's quite easy to work out the moves of a tier 1 and 2 team, this gets harder if you play say Ogres failing Bonehead tests or Vampires failing blood lusts. Adapting to the failed tests on the fly requires to use more time.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2021 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Although I don't like playing without a turn limit in a competitive match, in private league could be nice not to time out IF somebody plays a tier 3 team or Vampires (or at least not enforce it once).
While it's quite easy to work out the moves of a tier 1 and 2 team, this gets harder if you play say Ogres failing Bonehead tests or Vampires failing blood lusts. Adapting to the failed tests on the fly requires to use more time.

Tho most competitive tournaments rule timelimit out.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2021 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Time outs are allowed in Majors, fyi.
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2021 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest mistake you can make is assuming someone has the same values as you. Its almost a guarantee you will be disappointed. If I bump into someone I find rude, I just stop talking.

I personally don't time people out, but I wouldn't have a problem if someone did it to me.

I see the game as an opportunity for 2 people to have fun and as part of that I have to accept people enjoy different things. Some want to chat and have banta, some are selfish and only care about their enjoyment. That's fine, I just make a mental note of those coaches and avoid them in the future.