61 coaches online • Server time: 23:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2021 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you use pro multiple times in a turn by 1 player? First for a dodge, then for a rush, then for a pass? It doesn't say in the rulebook that pro is only once in a turn per player, like it says for dodge (once per team turn for that player).

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2021 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Says you can Reroll 1 dice during an activation. So in you example you are rolling 3 dice (Dodge, Rush, Pass). You can therefore only use Pro once for one of them
riktikticheck

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2021 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The question refers to:
- Unless the description states otherwise, a Skill of Trait can be used multiple times durin each team turn.
at the start of the skill section, and the fact that you can read the first sentence two ways.

"During their activation, this player may attempt to re-roll one dice. "

Can be read as either: one activation, one dice rerolled; or during your activation, when ever you are rolling dice, you may try to reroll one of them:

The wording is not clear enough to rule out either way of understanding it :/
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2021 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we all agree the second interpretation would be madness (and make Pro pretty much the first pick for everyone who has G access) but I see your point.

GW would probably claim the meant the second Shocked
riktikticheck

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2021 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I definitely agree, Pro is allready very good, the second one is just bonkers broken.

Just don't know why they could not write: Once during their activation, instead XD
Joost

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2021 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

To me “1 dice during an activation” does not imply multiple uses. 1 per activation is 1 per activation, not per test rolled during that activation.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2021 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no ambiguity here. You can only activate a Player once so you can only use Pro once. If for whatever reason you could activate a player twice in a turn then you could use Pro again. But such a case does not currently exist. There is no other interpretation, neither semantically nor logically.

I mean, it says one die. No one would argue that in a 2d Block I could use Pro twice because each of them is one die. But that is essentially the argument you are proposing if you want to use it on a Dodge and a Rush in the same activation.
Mingoose

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed that there is no ambiguity, one dice means one dice, despite the improper use of the plural “dice” instead of the proper “die”.

I also submit that there are very few scenarios where infinite PRO would actually be useful to the even remotely competent coach.
RKO

Post 22 Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Look at the BREAK TACKLE skill:
Once during their activation.......

And The question refers to:
- Unless the description states otherwise, a Skill of Trait can be used multiple times durin each team turn.

So,I think the Pro skill can be used multiple times("During their activation",NOT "Once during their activation").But it's almost November,send this query to GW. Laughing
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I hear the ambiguity, but I think it's almost a certainty that GW's intent was to have the term "one die" do the lifting both for the number of times usable per activation and the number of dice re-rolled, should more than one die be rolled. They were just trying to be efficient, and came off a bit unclear.