63 coaches online • Server time: 22:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smeborg

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

My Imperial team s.nobs https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1051203 are doing OK after a shaky start (first 7 games 1/2/4, next 7 games 6/0/1).

Not a famous team in themselves, they are however beloved of fans across the Empire for their wondrous Apothecary.

In the 13 games that he has been in the Imperial dugout, he has been used a number of times. Every single roll he has made has been either Killed (the most common) or a stat decrease (all retirement offences, e.g. -AG on a Blitzer/Catcher, -MA on a Thrower, -ST on a Lino). The spitting image of the Apoths shown in Nuffle's sacred rulebook.

In 14 games the team has had 4 Deaths (to be fair, one was an Imperial Journeylino), 4 stat decreases (retirements) and 6 Niggling Injuries. This is the sort of thing that draws ever larger crowds to the cinque stadia.

If anyone could think of a suitable Imperial butcher/botcher name for him, I would be much obliged!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Fabulous Bile :p
smeborg

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, I seem to recall one turn 15 Apoth roll on a Niggling Injury (to Niggling Injury, naturally). This nearly saw him dismissed from his position as President of the Imperial College of Sturgeons, so he did not repeat it.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice skill rolls!

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Nice skill rolls!
Yes, the Imperial Linos (weak players as rookies) have been blessed by Nuffle, with the random skill-ups being:

- Wrestle+Frenzy
- Wrestle
- Strip Ball [retired after -ST]
- Tackle

The Strip Ball never came into play, but the other skills see frequent use.
smeborg

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

True to form, the wondrous Imperial Apoth failed in their last (15th) game. Niggle Apoth'd to Niggle (on a player with a Niggle already, so pretty much ruling him out of any re-draft). Spectacular!
smeborg

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, the Apoth on the opposing team in the same game was used on a Killed player. Result: Killed (naturally).
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The Noble team is quite Germanic yes? And Germans often add words together to make compound words like: Kraftfahrzeughaftpflichtversicherung. So I feel something like Dr Inevitablecatastrophyawaitsyou but funnier - and in German - would be a nice way to go with this.

Loads of witty German coaches on this site. I’d @angrypat if that were possible..

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Dr Robert Koch-up.

Lord of the Porcelain Telephone.

Sir Prickalot.