49 coaches online • Server time: 14:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

For me, I cherrypick based on Dedicated Fans.... no use playing bash teams and not getting a decent purse!

We are in for the money! Razz
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's what I have.

I'm making no claims about accuracy.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder how Box looked before blackbox trophy came and brought diversity back
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

smeborg wrote:
Let me know what you think, especially if you have experienced similar things. I make this post because I worry for the future of BB2020 Black Box and any other TV-matched environments if they go the same way.

Once we have black box it should be easier. I have only created one team in Competitive at the moment as I was hoping the others would migrate over soon.

MattDakka wrote:

I will do it, as soon as Christer migrates my Box teams to the Competitive division.
I can't find good team names for the other races.

I think that sums it up for me. C Division is still a half way house at the moment. Once I can redraft I will have more options to activate.

Once my Necro are redrafted to 1350 I will activate them but not interested in starting off a 1000 TV team and having to build up some basic skills on them again.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate restarting teams from scratch too, this is another reason I'm waiting for the migration.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I made an Undead team and a CD team because with them I can just greenlight everything and so far have been getting a game almost instantly whenever I did. And also, I just painted some Undead up for TT and am in the process of painting CD, so need the practice. I also made a High Elf team and I do get matches against other Elves with them.

I always preferred Box over Ranked because I don't wanna be sat there pondering am I the cherry or am I the picker, neither of which I fancy. I played Flings in the Box and if I got drawn against Dwarves that was ok, but that's different from actually choosing to play that match-up.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My High Elves (team name "8 out of 110 ain't bad": FUMBBL isn't the only place where this extra bash has been observed) got torn to shreds in a pyrrhic first game (down to 1 positional now), so I took a couple days off with them. I do have to say they've lost a lot of their mojo, with the 4+ quick passing and all that.

Mostly I've been playing Humans, but I've also been activating Orcs, who have a hard time getting games. I'm trying to figure out what race to add next, but nothing I see is tempting. I think a lot of what's going on with the added bashiness is that coaches are a little more conservative going into the new edition, and if you're feeling out the situation, it's probably best not to tempt fate while you're getting your feet wet: play a more forgiving race, one that doesn't make you gamble so much. Like Dwarfs or Orcs.

If I'm right, the balance will change back, but I don't think it will swing all the way: elves overall have taken a hit, though they're still quite playable. I've seen a lot of Stunty teams out there, which are sort of natural prey for Dark Elves.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This is simple. The box is gone and the only place to really play is Competitive. Many of those who liked to play box also liked to use bashing teams. Many played in the box because it was almost impossible to get matches with bashers in Ranked.

My prediction is that once C has has the blind match making system again people who like to bash will start using it again. In that environment you will find your orcs, dwarfs and amazons since it is difficult to get games with them now.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

For the Record, Christer recently put out a chart with Games played by races. Most played

Black Orc 1400 (approx)
Orc 1100
Necro, Human & Imp Nobs 900
Chaos 750

At the other end of the Spectrum
Snotlings 150
Halflings 250
High Elves, OWA & Vamps 300
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
This is simple. The box is gone and the only place to really play is Competitive. Many of those who liked to play box also liked to use bashing teams. Many played in the box because it was almost impossible to get matches with bashers in Ranked.

My prediction is that once C has has the blind match making system again people who like to bash will start using it again. In that environment you will find your orcs, dwarfs and amazons since it is difficult to get games with them now.

Orcs are already second behind Black orcs.
Dwarves are down in 8th behind chaos (7th).
Underworld are popular and winning.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Here's what I have.

I'm making no claims about accuracy.

really good as always

is it possible to see Race vs Race from [C]? I couldn't work it out
argos_72

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

smeborg wrote:
I played a couple of games with my Imperial team s.nobs https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1051203 this morning (NZ time = server evenings). The choice was several Orc teams, several Dwarf teams, a couple of Chaos Dwarf teams, 1 Necro team, 1 Black Orc team, and 1 Human team which appeared fleetingly and was gone. No AG teams, no Stunty teams, no ST3 teams other than the Necros and Humies.

I think the reason is that the pass ability for AG team has been very reduced (take DE team for instance all players PA 4+ except the runner...).
Also the new skill system with random MVP facilitates those teams that already start with many skills (like Chaos Dwarfs, Dwarfs) and is not ideal for an elf team where it is important to have min-maxed players for better performance

But I am still convinced that agile teams (like Dark Elf or Wood Elf) are still strong, but maybe the coaches who are used to play themn with BB2016 rules have been a bit disgusted by this new system of skills, MVP and passing's nerf

It must also be said that it was quite exaggerated for certain agile teams to be able to make the 1TTD very easy or obsessive farming the whole team very easily by making many unnecessary passes during the game with a low probability of losing the ball (I think this was the background the developers did thinking the new Pass rule)

Maybe when the Scheduler and the Box come back we will see agile teams playing more often, but now in GF I think it will be difficult.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Beyond banning MA10, how has OTS gotten harder for teams with PA2+ Throwers?

I agree about the reduced passing overall: my Humans have started passing a lot more since the Thrower got free Accurate, but a lot of teams can no longer really consider passing as a non-desperation option.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had a 15 game run with Pro Elves and finished 10/1/4. I started with high DF and most importantly TWO throwers and only 1 catcher (plus 2 blitzers and 6 lineelf and 2 RRs).

The high DF allows you to keep the cash flow happening (and look to play other high DF teams!) and keep the roster full. I did need journey elfs but at times I had a 13 player roster.

The important game play aspect was the two throwers. Generally placed on opposite sides of the field, I was generally in good position to collect the ball and pass. I skilled one as the sure hands / leader and the other got Accurate, but in a pinch either was good to pass.

I think the fact that ONLY throwers can throw well is a new meta that coaches need to work with. I dont think its too debilitating for coaches to win, but you're not generating the extra SPP from vanity passes (or any other pass) for the other players.

If the Throwers cant get the ball away, other players still pick up and hand off on a 2+ 2+

Team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1042511
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

On Pro Elves, too, the blitzers are secretly decent throwers, with a 3+ PA stat. Overall, PE are positioned best of the elves, I think, to take advantage of the 2020 metas (cheap players that take beautifully to random G skills and their ease of getting DP+SG on one player). I haven't tried the double thrower build yet, but it sounds awesome Smile
 Jump to: