38 coaches online • Server time: 15:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I think elf coaches should lean into fouling. Elves can remove players with ruthless efficiency now, too, and then run circles around their depleted foes. Does that mean that all teams can be bashy teams, thus reinforcing the OP? Absolutely Smile
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

The important game play aspect was the two throwers. Generally placed on opposite sides of the field, I was generally in good position to collect the ball and pass.

Nice team. I was planning double Thrower but had not thought about only having one catcher. I guess that makes some sense when you can pick opponents who also have high DF. Sadly will not be quite as useful in League/Box format.

Looking at your team I saw you were firing players with Niggles. Since they do not increase the change of being taken off the pitch this edition I wondered if there was a reason to get rid of them?

You can just ditch them during redraft now. I saw you were 15k short of the redraft budget and thought this might have helped you get there.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Kondor wrote:
This is simple. The box is gone and the only place to really play is Competitive. Many of those who liked to play box also liked to use bashing teams. Many played in the box because it was almost impossible to get matches with bashers in Ranked.

My prediction is that once C has has the blind match making system again people who like to bash will start using it again. In that environment you will find your orcs, dwarfs and amazons since it is difficult to get games with them now.

Orcs are already second behind Black orcs.
Dwarves are down in 8th behind chaos (7th).
Underworld are popular and winning.

Dwarves are in 8th because 1 people loath them and 2 people avoid playing against them on game finder. Once the auto scheduler is running, reason 2 will go away.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
The high DF allows you to keep the cash flow happening (and look to play other high DF teams!) and keep the roster full.

I guess I will have to read the rules at some point... Crying or Very sad
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
Looking at your team I saw you were firing players with Niggles. Since they do not increase the change of being taken off the pitch this edition I wondered if there was a reason to get rid of them?
I can't speak for Clay, but I fire niggles unless I have a very good reason not to do so, because I don't want MVPs falling on players I don't plan to redraft.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

If I can I fire niggled players too. When I don't fire them it's either because I can't afford to replace them for the moment or because I don't plan to develop them (fodder linemen, for example).
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

For me, niggles are an annoyance and I kept the Blitzers who now have a niggle each (one has a -PA oh no! haha).

Specifically to my team, I fired:

1. Thrower with Accurate because I wanted to play my next game with 2 throwers (see my earlier post) as it gave me the best chance of winning games and I had the cash to do so (again, high DF is needed!)

2. A lino who had enough for a random skill so I rolled and got Strip Ball and decided he wasnt worth the investment. Again, had cash to do so.

3. Rookie thrower (see Point 1)

At the end of my 15 games, I have 4 niggles on the active roster, all of which are skilled players.
npe

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2021 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Lyracian wrote:
I can't speak for Clay, but I fire niggles unless I have a very good reason not to do so, because I don't want MVPs falling on players I don't plan to redraft.

Given that niggles aren't the death sentence they were before (since they effect the CAS roll rather than the injury roll) isn't it worth keeping them around until they a. die or b. heal on redraft?
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2021 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

npe wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:
Lyracian wrote:

Given that niggles aren't the death sentence they were before (since they effect the CAS roll rather than the injury roll) isn't it worth keeping them around until they a. die or b. heal on redraft?

That becomes a question entirely dependent on your bankroll I'd imagine.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2021 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, when someone starts a question with the line "Is it just me or..." then usually, its just you...

yup, its all you.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2021 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

like, a lino, that's cool. But if it's a blitzer or other position player, I don't want to keep a niggle, because I can't bank on him being healthy if I redraft him. If I'm broke, fine, it is what it is, same if he's one of my best players. So there are situations.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2021 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
like, a lino, that's cool. But if it's a blitzer or other position player, I don't want to keep a niggle, because I can't bank on him being healthy if I redraft him. If I'm broke, fine, it is what it is, same if he's one of my best players. So there are situations.

I might be confused. Doesn't being broke make you more likely to drop a niggle? Skills + agent fees make a player that is more likely to die a much bigger risk when you have to pick and choose which players you keep? Or am I missing something?
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2021 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The whole thing is nicely complicated. On the one hand, a niggle might be the difference between an apothecary helping your player who has been Badly Hurt and ignoring him because he's been Seriously Injured. But on the other hand, that same apothecary might heal the niggle upon redraft on a 3+. Of course, if you don't bother hiring an apothecary there isn't any difference at all..
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2021 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

npe wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:

I might be confused. Doesn't being broke make you more likely to drop a niggle? Skills + agent fees make a player that is more likely to die a much bigger risk when you have to pick and choose which players you keep? Or am I missing something?
No, I meant I might keep a player with a niggle if I'm broke or he's one of my best players. Or if he's a blank lino. But if he's a position player I might redraft and there's nothing special about him, and I can afford his replacement, he's gone.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2021 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is mostly dead thread now, but I just looked at [C] gamefinder with a 1260 tv Lizard team, and yea it's 100% bash:

1220k Chaos Dwarf
1300k Shambling Undead
1210k Orc
1190k Dwarf
1380k Orc
1380k Chaos Dwarf
1130k Tomb Kings
1130k Necromantic Horror
1120k Chaos Dwarf
1110k Orc
1100k Necromantic Horror

The currently active [C] games are also bash heavy: