38 coaches online • Server time: 00:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Thoughts on BB2020 Grashnak?
Good - Worth using
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Bad - Not viable, negatrait makes him too unreliable
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Mediocre - Not good or bad. Situational pick.
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 25

Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Alien_the_Alien wrote:
I think that it's a situational pick (going against a high strength team that isn't too fast, for example ; or being in love with minotaurs).
I would be curious to know why some people think he's just plain good. Even if we ignore the comparison with the much better starplayers you can have for roughly the same price (Borak, Scyla) or much cheaper (Glart, Haklem), Grashnak is just a slightly stronger, slightly faster Minotaur.
Which I guess can make it slightly more reliable (easier to get 3-dice) and more mobile (though you can still base him), but eh. For 240k it's not going to make a difference most of the time.

I guess it's also an ok pick for chaos pact teams because it would likely replace a missing BG. But none of that screams "good starplayer" to me. It's all some minor assets that could be nice, and for 240k there will often be better alternatives.

For me anyway, I think it's mainly to do with the cost. Yes the negatrait is bad and him NOT having it before made him lightyears more reliable. But that 310k cost was not easy and in relation to his usefulness vs availability would be a bit up and down.

The 240k means that he can be used a lot more often and having the extra beefy Str6 body for a much lower cost is handy. Also as someone who uses Minotaurs a lot, generally they just need 1-2 moves to have "done their job", be it hitting an enemy teams line in the right place to disrupt an advance or nail a player off the pitch to force aggro. The Str7 blitzes will make that easier and more effective while Str6 will mean he can hold ground far better when you go for a line breaking blitz.

Furthermore with the new rules, you can get him far easily by dumping some of your own cash in there. If he were 310k, even with the new petty cash rule, it would be a big ask. Obviously direct comparisons to the likes of Hakflem is a bit iffy as Hakflem is now easily top 3. Borak is far more reliable and adds half a TRR, can't argue with that. Scyla is slower and weaker, more inclined towards 1/9s.

For me anyway, I am just judging him in his own merits and I think he is good for what he is. Flawed yes, but good.
 Jump to: