50 coaches online • Server time: 16:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sebco

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking about giving a random strength skill on my Fanatic and I noticed it has been implemented like that on FUMBBL :

1 Arm Bar
2 Brawler
3 Break tackle
[strike]4 Grab[/strike]
5 Guard
6 Juggernaut

1 Mighty Blow
[strike]2 Multiple Block[/strike]
3 Pile Driver
4 Stand Firm
[strike]5 Strong Arm[/strike]
6 Thick Skull

As a reminder, Blood Bowl GW FAQ states :

Q: What happens if a player rolls a random Skill and gains one that they could take, but cannot actually use ? Such as if a player with the No Hands trait gained the Catch skill. (p.74)
A: In these instances, roll again until they gain a Skill they could actually use.

I have some interrogations about which skills fanatic cannot actually use.

3 Break tackle : this skill gives a +2 modifier when a player with a 5+ strength characteristic makes an Agility test in order to Dodge. As a Ball & Chain player "automatically passes any Agility tests they may be required to make in order to Dodge, regardless of any modifiers", do we have to consider he can use this skill?

6 Juggernaut : this skill is used when a player performs a Block action as part of a Blitz action (but not on its own). As a Ball & Chain player cannot perform a Blitz action, do we have to consider he can use this skill?

3 Pile Driver : this skill allows the player to perform a free Foul action against the opponent player they knocked down on their Block action. It's a particular case but I would say a Ball & Chain player cannot perform this free Foul action, even with Piledriver skill, as it's stated in Ball & Chain skill description that the only action they may take is 'Ball & Chain Move' Special action (even if that action can contain Block actions). Maybe question should be asked to GW, however.

6 Thick Skull : this is another particular case but as Stunned results are treated as a KO'd result for Ball & Chain players, do we have to consider he can use this skill? [edit after reading Java topic : auto KO doesn't apply to a Ball & Chain player being surfed so Thick Skull is still useful even if it's rare]

Last edited by sebco on Nov 11, 2021 - 17:54; edited 3 times in total
Medon

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems that following the FAQ, pile driver, thick skull, juggernaut, and break tackle should idee be removed from the list
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Java did some work on this here
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=31974&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There's an FAQ due apparently. Maybe some of them will be clarified
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Incidentally Thick Skull can be used on surf, in that a B&C isn't auto KO under that scenario
sebco

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Java did some work on this here
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=31974&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There's an FAQ due apparently. Maybe some of them will be clarified

Had not seen Java topic before, thanks a lot (to him and to you Wink ).

So, ok, for Thick Skull, you're right, skill description states that a Ball & Chain stunned player is treated as KO when he Falls Over, is Knocked Down or is Placed Prone but a Ball & Chain player can be pushed in the crowd, suffer a 8 roll and use Thick Skull to be placed in reserve box and not in KO box, so skill is useful even if it is a small use. Cool

We agree on Juggernaut and Break Tackle which should be removed from the list.

Then, in my opinion, rules aren't clear for Pile Driver. For that one, november FAQ could give an answer if somebody asked (I've sent many questions to GW FAQ but not this one, as I've discovered that only yesterday - I should play goblins more often).